I'm Looking for a Nice, Basic Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
(I like bright color vape gear so I can't lose it for long. But, since I keep losing my istick with teal sides and a pumpkin tank, I need VERY bright colors.)

The colors they all show on their websites are quite a bit brighter than the Blue, Purple, and Red are in person.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The colors they all show on their websites are quite a bit brighter than the Blue, Purple, and Red are in person.
Anything is better than black. I can almost lose those while they're in my hand. But I could use a black tank on the Swag or put a garish drip tip on it which would help.

Reactions: wvducklady

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Since the Zlide Tube selects wattage for you, I think I'll get some 1.0Ω as well as the 1.6 in case it chooses too warm.

The Zlide chooses the wattage for you depending on what coil you have installed in the tank. There is no Z-coil that's 1.0ohm. If you want the least warm vape from it...choose the 1.6ohm coils.

The description says: "It uses smart sensing coil technology, so the device will automatically determine the wattage output based on the currently installed coils. If the resistance is greater than 1.0 ohm, the device adjusts to 13W; likewise, if the resistance is below 1.0 ohm, the device regulates itself to 16W."

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The Zlide chooses the wattage for you depending on what coil you have installed in the tank. There is no Z-coil that's 1.0ohm. If you want the least warm vape from it...choose the 1.6ohm coils.

The description says: "It uses smart sensing coil technology, so the device will automatically determine the wattage output based on the currently installed coils. If the resistance is greater than 1.0 ohm, the device adjusts to 13W; likewise, if the resistance is below 1.0 ohm, the device regulates itself to 16W."
Whoops. The 1.0 is RDL. But there's 0.8, 1.2 and 1.6. I'm going to load up on the 1.6s at Kanger but MVS and Innokin both have 1.2 in stock so I'll get a couple of boxes.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
16 watts is perfect for the 0.8 ohm coils (in fact, that's what the Kroma-Z selects for those... although you can select any wattage you want) So I still can't talk you into a Kroma-Z? No worries... you are making good choices and smart to do this quickly :thumb:

Reactions: Poeia

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
16 watts is perfect for the 0.8 ohm coils (in fact, that's what the Kroma-Z selects for those... although you can select any wattage you want) So I still can't talk you into a Kroma-Z? No worries... you are making good choices and smart to do this quickly :thumb:
It is gorgeous. I am so tempted. But until recently I wasn't using my 148 gram iSticks because I got shooting pains up the back of my hand from the weight. The Kroma-Z is 24% heavier than that. I know I'll end up regretting it, no matter how pretty it is.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Curious: Do you drop your mods a lot?

Also what wattage do you vape?
I don't drop them an enormous amount. Also, when I can wrap my hand around the mod, the muscle works better.

My settings are based on whim. If it tastes tooooo warm, I drop them. Right now, my iStick is at 12.2watts, the Coolfire Z50 is at 9.0 and the Coolfire Mini is at 10.0. I don't remember which coil I put in the iStick and I used whatever was pre-installed in the Coolfires.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It is gorgeous. I am so tempted. But until recently I wasn't using my 148 gram iSticks because I got shooting pains up the back of my hand from the weight. The Kroma-Z is 24% heavier than that. I know I'll end up regretting it, no matter how pretty it is.
Just to be sure... the Kroma-Z "podmod"... it is made of magnesium alloy (unbelievably light) and the pods weigh almost nothing. Maybe you are thinking of the Kroma-R? Very comfortable to hold too. I won't mention it again (just that I love mine)

Reactions: Poeia

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Definitely thinking of the Kroma-R. I learned last year that I hate pods and won't consider them. 4 times bitten, twice shy.
I understand... have a few smaller ones and they are a joke (especially "auto fire") I use them while "vooping" :lol: I am very concerned about the stupid little silicone seal for the fill port. I won this one in a contest here on ECF so my total investment is just two extra pods I got for it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    when I can wrap my hand around the mod, the muscle works better.

It's unfortunate that the EHPro Cold Steel 100 is too darn heavy. The mod fits inside my fist (small-ish hands) and can be easily fired in any orientation that I'm holding it in my hand due to the fire button design - just grab it and squeeze your fist. But it's WHOPPING 175-ish grams :eek:. Add 45g for the 18650 battery and you got a 220g without the tank :(. Compact though.

9703068-1.jpg

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2009
    NYC
    Done

1 CoolFire Z50 w 4ml Zlide (blue)
    1 CoolFire Mini w 2ml Zenith (pink)
    2 Zlide Tube Kits (blue & stainless)
    3 CoolFire Ace mods (blue, pink & purple)
    2 Swag 2 kits (phantom & purple)
    assorted Zenith & Zlide tanks (in addition to the 4 that came in the above kits)
    and a zillion (okay 13 boxes) Zennith coils

Now comes the mailman stalking

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    After 11 years of vaping, I'm over my shiny-itis. I had a slight relapse last year when I tried tanks. I don't like them. So I'm back to my Cubis and iStick 60Ws. Unfortunately, my Cubis collection is dying off from old age.

This is what I'm looking for:
    3ml (preferably bigger) -- I'll vape one flavor for a few days in a row so I don't want to refill often. But, if I have to, I'll buy 2ml tanks.
    No rebuildables -- I tried it and I'm incompetent. I'll have to stock up on coils. (My favorites tend to be about 1.0 ohms, but I'm okay with as low as 0.2)
    Lots of coils currently in stock so I can buy a bunch.

Edit: I'm a mouth-to-lung vaper.

That's about it -- just something basic. Any suggestions?

(It's off topic here, but I probably need a few more mods that use a single 18650 battery. Anything more is too heavy for my hand.)

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry if I'm repeating what anyone has already said, but if you're referring to the eLeaf iStick, then I can tell you that I love the Aspire BVC glassomizer, have used it for many years, have tons of backup ones for the vapocalypse, and about a million extra 1.6 ohm coils. PerfectVape has them, lowest price I know of, 5-6 bucks for the tank (but only in black or stainless steel on this site). PerfectVape doesn't appear worried about stopping shipments on April 26. Their site says they are working on a shipping option, and they are taking orders as of today. They usually have free shipping on orders over 50.00. My order on Friday was zero shipping. They have the lowest price I know of for the replacement 1.6 ohm coils. I usually get ten 5-packs at a time for my hoard.

Some people think this tank is a bit gaudy looking, but I like how it reminds me of a circus tent or a carousel. I get the flanged adapters, ego to 510. Those are cheap, so I have one on every tank, to avoid fidget factor. The flanged ones make it easy to unscrew the tank from the eLeaf, because if it's too tight, my needle nose pliers, the ones with teeth, loosen it easily without scratching the eLeaf.

I find this tank reliable, will roll around without leaking, good for travel. It holds about 3ml I think.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Any good California outlets for tanks?

IMHO, you should start your own thread in the general vaping forum seeing how your question has little to do with tanks. You are looking for California vendors. Using your own thread will get more responses for this question.

Reactions: defnet0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread