Im new here, please be gentle.. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
My advise for new vapers is not waste their money on pen type batteries and ego type tanks..just don't go there..
Instead buy a quality mod with a replaceable batt, and a tank like a Crown (DL)
or even a Nautilus for MTL
(mouth to lung)
Remember that a mod that uses a built in batt is a throw away mod, when the batt won't hold a charge anymore and is thrown away..money wasted in my opinion..
Also know that if you get a quality VW mod rated at least 7-100w
would be versatile and grow with you as you learn what you like..In other words it will run the MTL tanks at lower wattage and also the higher wattage subtanks for DL (direct lung pulls)...wish somebody told me that back when I was a newbie, it would've saved me alot of money, my time and wasted effort..Welcome all to ECF. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Dang, was the Aqua v2 that bad? I have the v1 and it is a PITA, but had higher hopes for the v2. Have you pulled out the Squape clone yet? Hope all went well with your move and you've been successful in your new endeavor...

@philbert I was a kanger fanboy in my vaping "infancy". They make decent quality products. I am not so much a fan of the newer devices and tanks they are pushing out, but you can't go wrong with a top box setup. You can probably find the older "mini" kits (not top fill tanks) for fairly cheap now. The minis fit my hand well, the nanos are just too small for me. Welcome to the forum!!
I tried the squape. Its in my Vapocalpse stash.

I LOVE the short Compact Kayfun.
The tolerance on the Aqua v2 threads was so bad i had to close the threads until the airflow was more than half way closed before it would stop leaking.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My advise for new vapers is not waste their money on pen type batteries and ego type tanks..just don't go there..
Instead buy a quality mod with a replaceable batt, and a tank like a Crown (DL)
or even a Nautilus for MTL
(mouth to lung)
Remember that a mod that uses a built in batt is a throw away mod, when the batt won't hold a charge anymore and is thrown away..money wasted in my opinion..
Also know that if you get a quality VW mod rated at least 7-100w
would be versatile and grow with you as you learn what you like..In other words it will run the MTL tanks at lower wattage and also the higher wattage subtanks for DL (direct lung pulls)...wish somebody told me that back when I was a newbie, it would've saved me alot of money, my time and wasted effort..Welcome all to ECF. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Get an istick Pico mod and an Atty they like.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi Everyone, thanks for your responses. I fear i may have misled people with my subject line... it was an attempt at humour, but it seems as though im as funny online as i am in real life... haha.. anyway.
the 510 setup that i have (again, i thought this was what it was called) is by Volcano E Cig. I have the Inferno and the Lavatube Tube tank. It has a 1.8 Ohm heating element (im not sure what its really called).
I am probably using the wrong juice in it, its a 50/50 VG/PG blend, 3-8mg that ive found from a place called Health E Cigarette Australia. They are the only place ive found that can supply nicotine in liquids.
Im open to all suggestions, but i think i would definitely prefer something thats simple to use, and simple to setup, and potentially is still a vaping pen. Im certainly still open to other suggestions however.
does that make sense?
I will also check out those other sites you have mentioned, thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction.
I have seen a review on the KangerTech Top Box and it reviews really well, but im not sure i like the shape. what are the advantages? and also where do i buy batteries for it (because i notice it doesn't have one with it).
Would you suggest something like this top box over an Ego?
Welcome and glad you joined. Could read a little about batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

philbert

Nov 29, 2016
wow! so much info! you guys and gals are AMAZING!!!
Honestly, i have never posted on a forum and gotten this much info in this short of time! I feel like i have stumbled into the cool kids club and the cool kids are actually cool about being cool!
ok, i guess i need to start at the top and work my way through all the links and products you guys have told me about.
thank you so much for your info, ill let you know what i have come up with!!!

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
aussie vapors: do you guys buy plain liquid and then import the nicotine or do you buy nicotine juice from OS?

You can do either, but it works out much cheaper to buy 100mg/ml nicotine base and add that to aussie made ready to vape juice. Or, you can buy 'doublers' which you have to make up with your own nicotine base and added VG/PG into 'double' flavoring. However, the cheapest option is to DIY, so you buy the flavours, nicotine base and VG/PG and make your own juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread