Relatively New Vaper after some ADVICE :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambo_85

Dec 13, 2015
Hello.
I vaped a bit last year and then went back to cigs. Now im back vaping!

Im currently using a SkyCig / Vapestick and also I have a VIP Starter set (1100mah bat an h2 tank)

Im lookin to make da big cloudz! So wondering if someone can advice the best "big" battery or "mod" setup on a budget ! (fasttech plx).

Also I have no idea about ohms/coils etc.... so any advice on those too would be appreciated. :D

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @ambo_85. Glad to have you here!:)

What is your total budget?
Are you also looking for a tank to use on it?
Do you have a charger or do you also need to purchase one (if the mod doesn't have an internal battery)?

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Cloud is more about knowing how, although a certain amount of power is required. Still, 50 watts will get you pointed in the right direction. You say you are new, so I won't push you in the rebuilding direction. I will mention you can buy a clone Kennedy Competition dripper for under 20 bucks, but you'll have to get your vape shop to build it for you until you learn how. For power, the Kanger Subox kit is good for 50 watts and comes bundled with a Subtank in a kit, which is good for when you're just vaping and not blowing cloud. Fore more power, the Sigelei 75 watt TC machine will povide you with more power than most people routinely use and get you into Temp Control as well. You can also buy a Sigelei 100 or 150 watt machine without TC for not much more. For big power, I have a Snow Wolf 200 watt box that's now going under 100, and there are good choices with the DNA200 board as well. Tell me a bit more about what you want.

Reactions: David Wolf
Welcome. Coil Masters coil building kit will also make learning to build coils a lot easier. I struggled trying to learn coil building when I started on drill bits and what not. Now there some pretty nice tools to make it easier for you. And another good solution for atty is the mutation v5 clone puts out big clouds and has great flavor.

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
For a mod, also take look the i-stick line by eleaf. available in both 50 and 100 watts. compact and a very decent price and they use an internal battery so you don't have to shell out extra for a battery , a spare battery, and a charger (should save you around 25 bucks right there). right now there is a gozillion tanks that could fin the bill. These 2 videos should help in deciding the right tank for you.

Reactions: Plumes.91
For a mod, also take look the i-stick line by eleaf. available in both 50 and 100 watts. compact and a very decent price and they use an internal battery so you don't have to shell out extra for a battery , a spare battery, and a charger (should save you around 25 bucks right there). right now there is a gozillion tanks that could fin the bill. These 2 videos should help in deciding the right tank for you.

The only downside to internal battery is if the battery takes a crap you can't just throw it away and throw another battery in it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @ambo_85

You are UK, aren't you?

Yep... you need to get away from these horrible brands and their tat products for crazy money.

Skycig is Blu. Blu are supporting the *May 2016* vaping ban. Get the hell out of there, and tell everyone you ever meet.

I'll make some suggestions later. If you 'like' my post (I don't need likes, I really don't :D but I'll know you have checked in)

How big clouds are you thinking?

Last edited:
Reactions: ambo_85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread