i'm not getting this. not trolling. real question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
i built my first fused clapton. two 26/36, then wrap the whole thing in 36. it came out to be .48 ohm. that part is fine. but if i try to vape this at 4.2v, ramp up time is too long. if i vape it at 55w, it's ok, but juice runs out so quick, i can't even get 3 puff before i taste cotton burning. what am i doing wrong? single coil in tokugawa rda with rx200.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
Can you restate the coil for me?

I'm guessing it's 2x26ga wrapped in 36ga? And is it kanthal or ni80?
each 26g wrapped with 36g. that's two claptons. then i did fused clapton with two claptons i made. i think that's why resistance is at .48ohm. i did 5 wrap on 3mm. from reading around, that will cause ramp up time. basically a fat wire. but way it suck up the juice is crazy.

i can do another fused or even spaced fused clapton, or just clapton, but want to understand why it's drinking the juice. i see folks on the youtube puffing away at .15ohm running 70w..

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
It is mostly trial and error. Fused claptons are usually two core wires wrapped with one wire, not two claptons wrapped with a wire, although I don't think that'd be a problem...it could make your ramp up longer, I suppose. Ramp up time is about the only negative for fused claptons, along with greater juice consumption, which is normal, those big clouds have to come from somewhere. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
doesn't seem to make any sense. i up the voltage/wattage to 5.56v/63w and everything seems to be fine.. is it just trial and error?

Yes... That is a Lot of what Building your own Coils is All About.

I can Tell a person what has Worked for me. Or give them Pointers of what to Try when they have a Problem. But at the End of the day, finding what Works Best for them and their e-Liquids can amount to some Trial and Error.

Hopefully, more Trial than Error. But sometimes that is Debatable.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread