I'm so happy right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I just realized that it's been 1.5 years since I lit up a traditional. I know I'm not as cool as you all that's going on 10+ years now, but it's been a long road and I've hung in there. I vape a lot, but it keeps me from the cancer sticks. I don't cough anymore. I don't get sick as much with "chest colds". I don't stink. My garage doesn't smell like an ash tray anymore.

I started here as a hybrid vaper. I smoked and vaped for years, but could never kick the cigs. It wasn't until I really focused on quitting that I was able to go full vape. I forced myself to accept the vape as the only fix. That combined with finally finding the right equipment that worked for me had put me where I am today. I'm on 18mg right now, and I'm happy with that. As I move further down the road, I'll focus on dropping that level. For now, I'm just focusing on not lighting up.

I still have a pack of unopened cigarettes that I bought in April of 2016. I'll probably hold on to it for the rest of my life, signifying the last pack of cigarettes I bought. I priced a pack of cigarettes while at a gas station recently and I'm so glad I'm not buying those anymore!

My message for those that are still struggling is to keep at it. The key is finding the right equipment that works for YOU. From cigalikes to box mods, they all have a purpose. My salvation was finding a cigalike combo that was worth a crap.

Thanks for this site and all of those who are supportive here. I don't spend a lot of time here, but I have in the past. I truly believe that traditional cigarettes will soon become a thing of the past.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Dynamite...So glad you were able to finally stick-a-fork-in-it for good...I was a bit different with the last 1/2 pack...I don't think I'll ever forget my self amazement at throwing them in the trash...I was a dual user for about 3 years after smoking for 30+...It's only been about 3 months but the smokes feel long gone by...It's pretty funny how shocked friends are that I Quit...Trig ??? Quit Smoking ???...I'm Happy For You...Trig :thumbs:

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
Dynamite...So glad you were able to finally stick-a-fork-in-it for good...I was a bit different with the last 1/2 pack...I don't think I'll ever forget my self amazement at throwing them in the trash...I was a dual user for about 3 years after smoking for 30+...It's only been about 3 months but the smokes feel long gone by...It's pretty funny how shocked friends are that I Quit...Trig ??? Quit Smoking ???...I'm Happy For You...Trig :thumbs:

Thanks for the support! And congrats on your success as well. I smoked for 25+, so it was really weird not going out to the garage in the morning to light up. Instead I just kept lying in bed and vaped a few puffs, then hit the shower. It took a while, but that's my routine now.

I'm surprised and happy that at only 3 months you feel like the cigs are long gone. Took me longer than that! lol

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hey moze229 - I love your story! It gives all us dual users out here hope that one day we too will be free of the cigs. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
May I ask what 'cigalike combo' you found? I have been busily looking (and buying) an assortment of things to try to find a more suitable, easier to use set-up for work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Catherine

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congratulations, and I'm so glad you returned to share this milestone it's fantastic! There are vapers who have spent a long time dual using before quitting, I am one of them, though I did stop dual use for a while and returned quickly to cigs alone but my health deteriorated rather quickly, so I returned to vaping with new determination and it worked! Congratulations for getting to that point, that's fantastic. I agree, there are times it is still a struggle for me, but most of the time, I am so happy I switched to vaping alone.

Congrats~ :rickroll::headbang::headbang::rickroll:

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just realized that it's been 1.5 years since I lit up a traditional.

Way to go! That's terrific! 1.5 years ciggy free is no small milestone at all. :thumbs:

Also, it's not the length of time that you were a "hybrid vaper" that matters. It's the fact that you stuck with it and DID kick the smokes to the curb! You're another example of a former smoker with a wonderful success story! :)

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
I didn't expect this much of an overwhelming response! Thanks for everyones' support!

Hey moze229 - I love your story! It gives all us dual users out here hope that one day we too will be free of the cigs. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
May I ask what 'cigalike combo' you found? I have been busily looking (and buying) an assortment of things to try to find a more suitable, easier to use set-up for work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Catherine

Recent cigalike batteries last longer and run at the same voltage as their traditional larger counter-parts. (They just don't last as long before a recharge as the big ones.) This coupled with a good mini-clearomizer solved my issue. In the past I had always tried the cigalikes with cartomizers, and that wasn't sufficient for me. People still use them, but they just don't burn hot enough for throat hit, at least for me. Now I have a fairly cheap and easy to carry solution right in my pocket with me all of the time. Whenever I have the urge it's there.

Find cigalike batteries that run at least 3.6v (I think they all do now) and mini clearomizers that burn at least 2.2 ohms. As a smoker, you will be happy with this. I go with auto batteries because I don't want to worry about turning them on and off all of the time. With the manual button switches, you WILL forget to turn it off at some point down the line when putting in your pocket/purse, and that can be a dangerous situation.

Once you find a solution that works ALMOST as well as a cigarette for you (you will never find a direct replacement for burning cigarettes and you will not get the same satisfaction from vaping - at least at first.), you can focus on removing cigs from your lineup. I'm thoroughly convinced that I was more addicted to the chemicals in cigarettes than I was to the nicotine. No matter how much I vaped, I never got fully satisfied. At first. After a few days it got better. After a few weeks, vaping was all I did. Mornings and after meals are most difficult, but force yourself to accept vaping as your only fix. It gets better.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's an awesome thing to quit a smoking habit, so congrats. I also like the fact that you said you are happy right now with your nic levels and aren't to focused on lowering at the moment, as you are more focused on just forgetting about smoking...I think that is the correct frame of mind, it seems all to often people immediately start thinking about lowering, when they haven't truly and honestly quit the smokes....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
I didn't expect this much of an overwhelming response! Thanks for everyones' support!

Recent cigalike batteries last longer and run at the same voltage as their traditional larger counter-parts. (They just don't last as long before a recharge as the big ones.) This coupled with a good mini-clearomizer solved my issue. In the past I had always tried the cigalikes with cartomizers, and that wasn't sufficient for me. People still use them, but they just don't burn hot enough for throat hit, at least for me. Now I have a fairly cheap and easy to carry solution right in my pocket with me all of the time. Whenever I have the urge it's there.

Find cigalike batteries that run at least 3.6v (I think they all do now) and mini clearomizers that burn at least 2.2 ohms. As a smoker, you will be happy with this. I go with auto batteries because I don't want to worry about turning them on and off all of the time. With the manual button switches, you WILL forget to turn it off at some point down the line when putting in your pocket/purse, and that can be a dangerous situation.

Once you find a solution that works ALMOST as well as a cigarette for you (you will never find a direct replacement for burning cigarettes and you will not get the same satisfaction from vaping - at least at first.), you can focus on removing cigs from your lineup. I'm thoroughly convinced that I was more addicted to the chemicals in cigarettes than I was to the nicotine. No matter how much I vaped, I never got fully satisfied. At first. After a few days it got better. After a few weeks, vaping was all I did. Mornings and after meals are most difficult, but force yourself to accept vaping as your only fix. It gets better.

Thanks Moze for sharing your tips. Anything that helps the full transition to vaping is a winner.
Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread