I'm still using the 801 that I've been using for 3 years, Should I change to something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I'm not saying you need to upgrade, but if you do choose to, I've only heard great things about the Volt from Smokeless Image.

My understanding is that the incident involved stacked mod batts, i.e. doing things that people who regularly use mods would cringe in fear from doing. That's just what I've heard, I have no insider knowledge.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Generally, if you are happy with what you are using, don't change it. The smaller battery pen style ecigs may have issues sometimes, but store relatively little energy.

If one is sticking on, or otherwise acting weird, time to replace it. It's good to not leave them on a charger for extended periods after they show full charge. Don't use really low resistance atomizers or cartos, if your batteries are small. This is just normal "best practices".

Roxi

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago
JollyRogers: lol not the same one! had to replace the parts. But yes, the penstyle has been great I love it! If the battery gets hot, I just unscrew it and let it cool. if it happens again, I'll try a new atomizer and that usually solves the problem. But they are very cheap parts to replace. I'm tempted to try a newer model, but those parts are more expensive.
I replace the atomizer once a week and I use Johnsons Creek Vanilla. nice and clean e-liquid.
I think I'll stick with my penstyle. It is affordable.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If your happy with your set-up right now. Then honestly there isn't a reason for you to change to something else. If you want more information on the dangers of certain set-ups then here's a great thread for that:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-mods-update-february-2012-a.html#post5327522

If you understand what's safe and what's not. Then the likelihood of a catastrophic failure dramatically decreases.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Thanks for you input! I'm not going to worry about it. I've been using them for 3 years, and I'm sure these are just freak accidents and misuse.

Yeah, I've heard about cars, airplanes, trains and bikes having accidents and hurting and killing people too but that ain't gonna make me start walking everywhere..... besides, I might trip and fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread