Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
My take here... I don't believe VNeil is trying to discount Gwapes situation, but only dispute his ascertation that because of what happened to him (vape related or not) that vaping high nic at low resistances is either a) dumb, b)not possible or c)dangerous.

I, according to Gwapes, am going to die soon of COPD anyway, so I wanted to throw that out here before I kick off ;) (not putting words in your mouth, just messing with you :))

We are all guinea pigs at this point. The majority of the anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that vaping is much safer but some things can't easily, if ever, be quantified.

Rossum You left out diacetyl, I do all of these (actually my draws fall somewhere in between MTL and DLH and my nic is generally at 15) and I love custard/dessert type flavors. I have accepted that I am not vaping in the safest way possible but it keeps me off of cigarettes.

Am I a guinea pig? Yeah, probably so. Am I as safe vaping this way as opposed to tootle puffing on diacetyl free or non flavored juice? Probably not. Am I better off than when I was smoking? I have no doubt that I am. Would I recommend to someone looking to quit smoking to vape in the same manner I do? No, not by a long shot.

Sorry for the diatribe, just wanted to get it off my chest :)
This is from the OP's opening post:

"Main point: if you're dripping more than 0-7mg you are destroying your lungs. "

Rather strong statement, me thinks??? Now we had a choice. We could let that stand, and scare off newbies coming here for advice, or the general public looking for the facts, or we could dispute that and many other "odd" assertions he made. Personally I could not let that stand, particularly since I drip up to 24mg all the time, although not all day.

And yes, I do feel for his situation but that can't excuse the disinformation he continues to post.

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
This is from the OP's opening post:

"Main point: if you're dripping more than 0-7mg you are destroying your lungs. "
Calling back to a statement that has stood corrected long ago in a page far far away in this thread. Tell me again how repeating an inaccurate statement I made when I knew almost nothing about vaping safety AT THAT POINT IN TIME disables my argument that 18mg is dangerous at high wattage low resistance? Hmm? You're the biggest strawman in the room right now. Not me.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Rossum You left out diacetyl I do all of these (actually my draws fall somewhere in between MTL and DLH and my nic is generally at 15) and I love custard/dessert type flavors. I have accepted that I am not vaping in the safest way possible but it keeps me off of cigarettes.
I left out diketones because IIRC, the OP claims he was using unflavored juice much of the time.

Anyway, all I was trying to do was to state what I understood the OP's claims to be in a clear and succinct fashion, because he seemed to be having difficulty with that. That doesn't necessarily imply I agree with them.

I've seen your gear (we have rather similar taste in mods) and I've seen you vape. You certainly draw more deeply than I do, but you're still not doing the "lung-busting" hits that I've seen some do, and that I presume the OP meant when he talked about "dripping" and "sub-ohming".

Reactions: B2L

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I left out diketones because IIRC, the OP claims he was using unflavored juice much of the time.

Anyway, all I was trying to do was to state what I understood the OP's claims to be in a clear and succinct fashion, because he seemed to be having difficulty with that. That doesn't necessarily imply I agree with them.

I've seen your gear (we have rather similar taste in mods) and I've seen you vape. You certainly draw more deeply than I do, but you're still not doing the "lung-busting" hits that I've seen some do, and that I presume the OP meant when he talked about "dripping" and "sub-ohming".
Just wanted to point out that we also have no idea of the relative level of dry puff the OP was experiencing. By his own admission his vapes were incredibly harsh and even painful. I don't doubt that repeated dry puffs over extended periods time could do some damage, no idea of the extent though. That "natural" instinct to stop because the action is unpleasant didn't seem to apply here.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Calling back to a statement that has stood corrected long ago in a page far far away in this thread. Tell me again how repeating an inaccurate statement I made when I knew almost nothing about vaping safety disables my argument that 18mg is dangerous at high wattage low resistance? Hmm? You're the biggest strawman in the room right now. Not me.
Same argument you first made, only slightly refined. You are making an extraordinary claim, that nicotine is killing you. I have never seen anyone else here claim that. If you are right it will totally change the vaping world.

Carl Sagan once wisely observed "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". I don't see any extraordinary evidence here.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Calling back to a statement that has stood corrected long ago in a page far far away in this thread. Tell me again how repeating an inaccurate statement I made when I knew almost nothing about vaping safety disables my argument that 18mg is dangerous at high wattage low resistance? Hmm? You're the biggest strawman in the room right now. Not me.
So you came here to tell us how vaping the wrong way is dangerous while you still "knew almost nothing about vaping safety"?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Not using a very friendly tone erodes sympathy as well

If we are talking about learning to develop true compassion, then please, most of you should never attempt to be caregivers to the elderly or dying.

Because, if you are expecting them to be in a "good mood" while in hospice care, etc.,

.....AND you are insisting to peg the level of sympathy you are willing (or able) to give based on that, then you have some introspection to do. ;)

Having this topic on a vaping forum is probably a dumb idea.

I do shudder to think that people may be working with my elderly parent with this kind of attitude though.

Makes me realize that those who work in hospice, or in neuro wards with unfixable spinal cord injuries, or nursing homes, etc. truly ARE very special people with a very healthy ability for true compassion.......compassion and sympathy that doesn't require a certain "behavior" from the people they are caring for.

Edit: (gwvapes may want to "unlike" my post after this addition:

If you have spent any time with very ill or dying people then you understand what I am saying. Their emotions are all over the place. If you are not big enough to handle that then step aside.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest to gwvapes that this topic isn't at all therapeutic for you, it is not helping you, even if it feels that way, and you would be better served to cease and desist because there is reallly nothing to be gotten out of this .... recrimination, regret, anger, etc. not really useful to you in the long run, and certainly not useful to anybody else here either who are really not equipped or trained to deal (properly) with what you are going thru.

Last edited:

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
If we are talking about learning to develop true compassion, then please, most of you should never attempt to be caregivers to the elderly or dying.

Because, if you are expecting them to be in a "good mood" while in hospice care, etc.,

.....AND you are insisting to peg the level of sympathy you are willing (or able) to give based on that, then you have some introspection to do. ;)

I do shudder to think that people may be working with my elderly parent with this kind of attitude though.

Makes me realize that those who work in hospice, or in neuro wards with unfixable spinal cord injuries, or nursing homes, etc. truly ARE very special people with a very healthy ability for true compassion.......compassion and sympathy that doesn't require a certain "behavior" from the people they are caring for.
THIS is the reason that i'm jumping this sinking ship ASAP. Thank you @Racehorse. I greatly appreciate your contributions to this thread in both in times of agreement and disagreement.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

I realize what you were going for and I forgot the unflavored part, just throwing it out there to say my vaping style is not what many would consider safe.

Reactions: Rossum

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Edit: (gwvapes may want to "unlike" my post after this addition:

If you have spent any time with very ill or dying people then you understand what I am saying. Their emotions are all over the place. If you are not big enough to handle that then step aside.

In the meantime, I strongly suggest to gwvapes that this topic isn't at all therapeutic for you, it is not helping you, even if it feels that way, and you would be better served to cease and desist because there is reallly nothing to be gotten out of this .... recrimination, regret, anger, etc. not really useful to you in the long run, and certainly not useful to anybody else here either who are really not equipped or trained to deal (properly) with what you are going thru.

My aunt was a hospice nurse for years, it does take an extraordinary individual to do that.

Reactions: Racehorse

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I realize what you were going for and I forgot the unflavored part, just throwing it out there to say my vaping style is not what many would consider safe.
Right. But you've taken the time to educate yourself regarding the potential risks and would probably change your vaping style if you found evidence that it was hurting you, such as it being harsh, irritating, or painful, no? ;)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Right. But you've taken the time to educate yourself regarding the potential risks and would probably change your vaping style if you found evidence that it was hurting you, such as it being harsh, irritating, or painful, no? ;)

Yes, absolutely correct on both points.

I try to base decisions on the risk/reward scale. I first have to research things and then if the reward outweighs the risk (to me) then it's a go, if the risk outweighs the reward then it's back to the drawing board.

Wish I could say I did that all the time, but for the most part that's my MO :)

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Nicotine AT HIGH WATTAGE HIGH MG, LOW RESISTANCE. You constantly try to leave out the part of my arguments that have the most merit. I assume you do that a lot in life.
I did not rephrase your claim. Your claim, as it stands, that vaping the way you vaped will destroy lungs (not just yours but in general) is quite an extraordinary claim.

Reactions: Coldrake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread