I'm tired of the flavors... Mixing own juice - seeking advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
Are the coffee, chocolate, and peanut flavor concentrates or premixed commercial juice?

I believe those are concentrates? I asked the local vape shop to get them for me. I thought we understood each other that I am buying concentrates. They speak Chinese here, I also do, but very very poor. They know me. I always buy PG, VG and Nic concentrates from them. I also buy those disgusting branded juice from them, and few hardware supplies like wires and batteries. Though this is the first time I asked them for flavorings and they say they will get it online for me. I also buy online myself, but this time I choose them to get the stuff for me. They say it will arrive next week. I already got the VG and PG bottles. Still waiting for the flavorings and nic bottles.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
For the price of two 60ml bottle of branded E-juice, I will be making or rather mixing 2.5 litres worth of liquid on my own. I'm not scared, since I already mixed PG+VG+NIC in the past. I'm just worried that I will just throw away the results if I mess up adding the flavorings and end up tasting like crap.
Since you are unfamiliar with these new concentrates; I would kindly suggest, that you start by mixing small single flavor testing samples (aka. SFTs = Single Flavor Testers). This will give you the opportunity to discover what percentages taste best to you... without wasting a lot of product.

@DaveP's suggestion, to start with single flavors, is sound. It allows for better understanding of what each concentrate is (or isn't) bringing in way of flavor. Once you get the individual "best"(for you) percentage is, you can even use the leftovers of the SFTs, to experiment with various flavor combinations, by combining them. This will even further conserve your supply.:)
As you may not have seen guys, I may be far far away from where you all are.. How much do you even pay for your ingredients anyways? I know cheap or expensive is very subjective, but I feel I got them dirt cheap... Or not?
Regarding what we pay here in the states; it varies a bit, depending on concentrate brand and supplier. But, as an example, a 4 ounce bottle of basic TFA, will run about $7.50. So, if you are getting something similar for $4, then yep... I'd say that's a pretty good deal.:D

When you receive them, let us know who the manufacturer is, and we might be able to offer some possible starting percentages.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread