The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Import E-Juices to Taiwan

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by AKN, Aug 26, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Hello!

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong part of the forum.

I just purchased some e-juices online from the US and asked them to deliver them to my address here in Taiwan. I have purchased e-juices online but only from local sellers, so I assumed there wouldn't be any issue buying from abroad.

I should have done some research on the rules of e-cigarettes in Taiwan beforehand because apparently, if I'm not mistaken, importing e-juices into Taiwan is an offense punishable by prison time and/or a ~NTD$1M fine. I would love to stay out of prison and I honestly don't have that kind of money.

Has anybody ever been in this type of predicament before? If so, what should I do?

2. NoFumus

NoFumus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    If you're worried about it, is it too late to cancel your order?

3. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Yeah it is, the package already arrived in Taiwan yesterday morning , and it has been in the screening process by Customs since yesterday afternoon.

4. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Ouch. I don't have any suggestions, and I don't see a subforum for Taiwan here. I hope that someone comes along with some suggestions to help you.

Good luck.

5. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks.

I saw in another forum that someone had the same exact problem I am having now but his occurred in 2013. He stopped posting shortly after describing his situation. I hope that doesn't mean he's in jail :(

6. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I should have suggested that, too. Once you get your five posts in, at (I think) 25 minutes after the hour, you'll be a full member and can post to other forums. While I don't see one for Taiwan, there are forums for other countries that have some similar issues, and you may find more information on your best course of action.

Just be sure you read the forum's stickies. For obvious reasons, there are rules you'll need to abide by when posting to keep everyone safe. Maybe go say high to a couple other new folks in this forum, and then you'll have your five posts.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks, I'll do that as soon as I get my 5 posts in.

Now I'm getting called by a mysterious Taiwanese number. God, I hope that isn't the feds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    I'm getting nervous for you. If it's any consolation, I've heard that US companies that ship overseas tend to be aware of the laws in various countries and may have, for example, a return address that is a PO box, as opposed to the name of a vaping company. I've heard they'll mark the invoice as perfumes or something.

Maybe someone's calling you with good news.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Susan~S

Susan~S ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2014
    Mpls/St.Paul, MN
    • Like Like x 2
  10. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    There you are @Susan-S. I was looking for you, so I could tag you, but I stupidly remembered you as Susan-G. I'm very glad you found this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Oh dang, the site I ordered from stated plainly in their Shipping and Returns section that they are unaware of any local laws regarding e-cig purchase/use.

Furthermore, they label the package as "e-juice" and the customs form is filled as "e-juice." How unfortunate, but I can't help but laugh at myself.

Only time will tell, I guess. I didn't pick up the call from the "mystery caller" because I leave my phone on silent whenever I am at the office. Even if I did answer, s/he would be speaking Chinese and I would have no idea what to say or how to respond.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks, guys.

Thanks for the link, Susan. I checked the thread, but there doesn't seem to be any relevant information about the situation I am in right now. However, I contacted an e-juice vendor in Taiwan who posted in that thread, and hopefully s/he'll provide a solution to this problem.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scorpion Dom

Scorpion Dom Full Member

Jul 29, 2015
    hi im also from taiwan and purchase from a seller in taiwan. but i dont think you should be too concerned tho. if its just a few for personal use i dont think they will do anything about it. at most they may not send it to you. but im betting you will receive your package. if they ask tell them its for you to use as you are trying to quit smoking.

• Like Like x 2
  14. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks for the advice, Scorpion. I'm really hoping to get the package since I've run out of juice, and I don't have the willpower to stay away from regular cigarettes to satisfy my nicotine crave.

Some other options I received from a local supplier here is to: 1) tell customs that I purchased 0mg and the package should be returned to the shipper (on my expense); or 2) tell customs I wasn't expecting any packages and there must have been a mix-up with the shipping company, meaning the items would be left to rot or thrown out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scorpion Dom

Scorpion Dom Full Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Im guessing you spoke to bill....good guy...thats who i buy from.

the 0 nic excuse sounds most reasonable. remember there is no law against using ecigs here. only selling and importing. good luck. let us know. if you need juice desparately purchase from bill...youll have it next day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Yep, Bill from e-cig com tw. I ordered some of his juices already and they should arrive today.

I'll try and keep you guys informed on what will happen next?

• Like Like x 2
  17. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Please do that. I hope you stay out of trouble and off of cigarettes.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AKN

AKN Full Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Thanks, NoFumus. I received some juice from the aforementioned Bill so I should be good for now.

I got another update from Customs: the package has passed the screening process, but there's no definite answer as of yet whether they will deliver it or keep it in their possession.

• Like Like x 3
  19. NoFumus

May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Good news! I'm glad you've got ejuice. While it would be really, really sad if you don't get your package,
    would be SO much worse.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DanJiblets

DanJiblets Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    Dude you're not going to prison! Just hope you get your juice! Good luck, now I'm interested lol.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.