Import E-Juices to Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKN

Aug 26, 2015
Hello!

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I have posted in the wrong part of the forum.

I just purchased some e-juices online from the US and asked them to deliver them to my address here in Taiwan. I have purchased e-juices online but only from local sellers, so I assumed there wouldn't be any issue buying from abroad.

I should have done some research on the rules of e-cigarettes in Taiwan beforehand because apparently, if I'm not mistaken, importing e-juices into Taiwan is an offense punishable by prison time and/or a ~NTD$1M fine. I would love to stay out of prison and I honestly don't have that kind of money.

Has anybody ever been in this type of predicament before? If so, what should I do?

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I should have suggested that, too. Once you get your five posts in, at (I think) 25 minutes after the hour, you'll be a full member and can post to other forums. While I don't see one for Taiwan, there are forums for other countries that have some similar issues, and you may find more information on your best course of action.

Just be sure you read the forum's stickies. For obvious reasons, there are rules you'll need to abide by when posting to keep everyone safe. Maybe go say high to a couple other new folks in this forum, and then you'll have your five posts.

Reactions: Scorpion Dom

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I'm getting nervous for you. If it's any consolation, I've heard that US companies that ship overseas tend to be aware of the laws in various countries and may have, for example, a return address that is a PO box, as opposed to the name of a vaping company. I've heard they'll mark the invoice as perfumes or something.

Maybe someone's calling you with good news.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota

AKN

Aug 26, 2015
Oh dang, the site I ordered from stated plainly in their Shipping and Returns section that they are unaware of any local laws regarding e-cig purchase/use.

Furthermore, they label the package as "e-juice" and the customs form is filled as "e-juice." How unfortunate, but I can't help but laugh at myself.

Only time will tell, I guess. I didn't pick up the call from the "mystery caller" because I leave my phone on silent whenever I am at the office. Even if I did answer, s/he would be speaking Chinese and I would have no idea what to say or how to respond.

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
hi im also from taiwan and purchase from a seller in taiwan. but i dont think you should be too concerned tho. if its just a few for personal use i dont think they will do anything about it. at most they may not send it to you. but im betting you will receive your package. if they ask tell them its for you to use as you are trying to quit smoking.

AKN

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the advice, Scorpion. I'm really hoping to get the package since I've run out of juice, and I don't have the willpower to stay away from regular cigarettes to satisfy my nicotine crave.

Some other options I received from a local supplier here is to: 1) tell customs that I purchased 0mg and the package should be returned to the shipper (on my expense); or 2) tell customs I wasn't expecting any packages and there must have been a mix-up with the shipping company, meaning the items would be left to rot or thrown out.

Last edited:

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for the advice, Scorpion. I'm really hoping to get the package since I've run out of juice, and I don't have the willpower to stay away from regular cigarettes to satisfy my nicotine crave.

Some other options I received from a local supplier here is to: 1) tell customs that I purchased 0mg and the package should be returned to the shipper (on my expense); or 2) tell customs I wasn't expecting any packages and there must have been a mix-up with the shipping company, meaning the items would be left to rot or thrown out. If I choose any of these alternatives I just hope that the seller would be kind enough to issue a refund.
Im guessing you spoke to bill....good guy...thats who i buy from.

the 0 nic excuse sounds most reasonable. remember there is no law against using ecigs here. only selling and importing. good luck. let us know. if you need juice desparately purchase from bill...youll have it next day.

Reactions: Susan~S

AKN

Aug 26, 2015
Im guessing you spoke to bill....good guy...thats who i buy from.

the 0 nic excuse sounds most reasonable. remember there is no law against using ecigs here. only selling and importing. good luck. let us know. if you need juice desparately purchase from bill...youll have it next day.

Yep, Bill from e-cig com tw. I ordered some of his juices already and they should arrive today.

I'll try and keep you guys informed on what will happen next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread