Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
CASAA members, we have just launched a very important survey about e-cigarette use that is crucial for our upcoming advocacy efforts. Everyone please respond to it. (Even if you do not vape, please respond -- it will take just a minute for you and it will increase our coverage of the membership, which is crucial for credibility.)

If you receive CASAA emails, check your email for an invitation and use that link (be sure to check -- one of the questions is about whether you got it). If you did not get it, you can follow this link instead: CASAA E-cigarette Survey - November 2015 Thank you!!!

If you are going to share this on social media, share the link from this post, not the one from your email.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
Sorry, Zoidman, but I'm tired and burned out with all the LOBBY! SIGN THAT PETITION! GET INVOLVED!! stuff. I have a feeling the regulations they come out with aren't going to be as bad as we're all so THESKY'SGONNAFALLDOWN! about.

1) 18 and over to purchase - and those "Click HERE if you're over 18" buttons aren't gonna cut it anymore.
2) It's a tobacco product - that's why WE, the FDA, get to regulate it! - that's gonna be the killer right there.
3) Warning labels on all e-juices that contain nicotine required
4) They might outlaw mechs. Maybe.
5) Online vendors may be legally required to get age verification for new customers. (i.e. you have to show a valid ID and sign for your first order - vendor keeps the signature and ID verification on file)

I honestly think that's gonna be about it.

The big thing is #2 - If the FDA rules that e-juice is "tobacco" (don't ask me, I don't understand that either) then the states will jump all over themselves taxing the hell out of it.

But who knows? Frankly, I'm tired of all of it. Bring it on, FDA, and us vapers will take it from there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry, Zoidman, but I'm tired and burned out with all the LOBBY! SIGN THAT PETITION! GET INVOLVED!! stuff. I have a feeling the regulations they come out with aren't going to be as bad as we're all so THESKY'SGONNAFALLDOWN! about.

1) 18 and over to purchase - and those "Click HERE if you're over 18" buttons aren't gonna cut it anymore.
2) It's a tobacco product - that's why WE, the FDA, get to regulate it! - that's gonna be the killer right there.
3) Warning labels on all e-juices that contain nicotine required
4) They might outlaw mechs. Maybe.
5) Online vendors may be legally required to get age verification for new customers. (i.e. you have to show a valid ID and sign for your first order - vendor keeps the signature and ID verification on file)

I honestly think that's gonna be about it.

The big thing is #2 - If the FDA rules that e-juice is "tobacco" (don't ask me, I don't understand that either) then the states will jump all over themselves taxing the hell out of it.

But who knows? Frankly, I'm tired of all of it. Bring it on, FDA, and us vapers will take it from there.

So No Problems with Flavors?
Or with Nicotine mg/ml Levels?
Or Buying Online?

Man... Sure Hope your Right. And I'm Sorry if you Are Tired and Burned Out.

Don't worry. This will All be Over Soon. One way or Another.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The target study population consists of adults living in the United States, particularly those who are members of CASAA.

ah! but the first question asks whether or not you live in the USA.

I hate question#15
15. How often do you choose tobacco or menthol flavors?
because I absolutely hate menthols; and because when I started with ecigs I soon discovered that part of the problem was a lot of the eliquids I was getting were menthol or containing some menthols and that was the main problem I was getting with the taste.

and,.,, done

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'd like to see the results from this survey once complete. I'm curious to know how others are viewing the prospect of a black market.
I'll be a black market girl if it comes to that. I was waffling until recently. I am not one to intentionally break the 'law' but there comes a time when said 'law' is super stupid.

Edit to add: Did the survey when it came out. Found out about it online and hadn't checked my email yet. ;)
I was on vacation, I tend to ignore emails until late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread