In a predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I have a few dollars invested in vaping (subohm set ups) . I was out town for the past two months working and I ran out of juice and all I had accessible to purchase were those little vype pods and I was quite impressed with the nicotine satisfaction I received from it , but now I'm back home and I've got ample everything I need but I find myself going back to my left over vype pod . So now I'm confused do I need to switch vaping style or equipment ,I don't feel like reinvesting in all new stuff my girlfriend will kill me. Did that happen to anyone else ? How did you handle it? Thank you

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I was quite impressed with the nicotine satisfaction I received from it , but now I'm back home and I've got ample everything I need but I find myself going back to my left over vype pod .

Friends of mine who vape sub-ohm (around 0.2, 0.3, 0.4ohms), using a variety of mods at higher wattages, with regular eliquid...usually use 3-6mg nic eliquid at the most. Only 1 of them tried some 18mg salt nic eliquid in his usual set-up (at his normal higher wattage, with his same 0.3ohm coil) and said he'd never do that again.

ETA: Fixed it. ;)

Last edited:

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I think the pods will be using salt nic, more nicotine but still a smooth hit, you can get flavoured e juice with salt nic but you could try diy
Yup I know what they are using I've been vaping for a while and also been making my own juice and coils since a month after starting to vape thanks I would have to move more to a mtl tank instead or increase nicotine in my subohms but that is a bit harsh

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yup I know what they are using I've been vaping for a while and also been making my own juice and coils since a month after starting to vape thanks I would have to move more to a mtl tank instead or increase nicotine in my subohms but that is a bit harsh
Might try getting a sample of salts and mix up a juice to use in your current gear & see if it scratches the itch.

• Agree
Reactions: gsmit1

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
You were using salt nic eliquid in the Vype. It could've been 12mg/mL or 18mg/mL, as both are available in the prefilled pods for it. That set-up also has only a 650mAh battery in it, so it's likely way less powerful than your usual mod. The coil in most pods isn't usually nearly as low ohms either, as many coils are that are used in sub-ohm tanks, or in RTAs or RDAs. I assume you've got a normal mod, capable of much higher wattage output, and either some sub-ohm tanks that take drop-in sub-ohm coils or you're using an RTA or RDA on the mod and make your own sub-ohm coils.

Depending on the wattage you vape at with your current set-up, what the ohms are of your current sub-ohm coils, and what the mg/mL of your current eliquid is that you're used to...if you used 12mg/mL or 18mg/mL salt nic eliquid in it....you could likely end up being nic sick (nauseous, lightheaded, possibly headache). Friends of mine who vape sub-ohm (around 0.2, 0.3, 0.4ohms), using a variety of mods at higher wattages, with regular eliquid...usually use 3-6mg nic eliquid at the most. Only 1 of them tried some 18mg salt nic eliquid in his usual set-up (at his normal higher wattage, with his same 0.3ohm coil) and said he'd never do that again.
I know I understand all of that I've been vaping for a while ,I guess I should have just ask my question directly instead of feeling my story I'm just ...... off that I might have to change from DTL to mtl because I think I found it more satisfying ,which means make juice and order wires and thanks for mtl that is all

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Maybe a MTL tank with higher nic is worth a shot. It seems like the best compromise versus costly pods. At least you can use most all of your other stuff, just a different topper.

I've gone the opposite way, using MTL higher nic for years then finding I liked some tasty subohm clouds too at times. I ended up using a refillable pod as well but it's still loose MTL with my same DIY liquid.

It makes you almost wish you never tried those nic salt pods. Good luck!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I know I understand all of that I've been vaping for a while ,I guess I should have just ask my question directly instead of feeling my story I'm just ...... off that I might have to change from DTL to mtl because I think I found it more satisfying ,which means make juice and order wires and thanks for mtl that is all
I sympathize. I live in fear that someday I'll discover I want airier attys.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Maybe a MTL tank with higher nic is worth a shot. It seems like the best compromise versus costly pods. At least you can use most all of your other stuff, just a different topper.

I've gone the opposite way, using MTL higher nic for years then finding I liked some tasty subohm clouds too at times. I ended up using a refillable pod as well but it's still loose MTL with my same DIY liquid.

It makes you almost wish you never tried those nic salt pods. Good luck!
Worst case scenario is ending up with a fanny pack with 2or3 different set up ,that would be quite the look lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That is what I'm going to do I have some here to try ,I'll shop for a mtl RTA and try that
I use salts in my dl tanks, try that first and just up the mg a bit. I suspect you've simply gotten used to higher nic mg. Could also close down the af and build higher ohm coils before spending any money.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I use salts in my dl tanks, try that first and just up the mg a bit. I suspect you've simply gotten used to higher nic mg. Could also close down the af and build higher ohm coils before spending any money.
Don't explain that stuff to my girlfriend I'm gonna lose my vaping budget right now she down with getting a few tanks so i can try I love her so much lol

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @the dog, you could add salts to your existing liquid. As some folks do use a mixture of freebase and salt Nicotines.

Haven't tried it yet in MTL setup, but I can recommend the Tripod. Ulton does a good clone/copy at a reasonable price.

2fdeal has them listed with the enhanced capacity kit and fasttech has them listed without.

They have a good sized build deck that's easy to use, great flavour and decent throat hit.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly I agree with Letitia, you should definitely get a small amount of nic salts and increase your nicotine (AND NO NOT to 18 I came here unsuspectingly vaping 12 mg in a subohm very subohm kit my child gave me, and it was NOT enjoyable, fortunately ECF explained, ah, why.)

But maybe 3-5 mg more than you are currently using it might scratch the itch and it is frankly the cheapest option (most likely.) If you just get some salt nic, adding that amount would almost be impossible to notice a flavor defense I am pretty sure.

Unless you are finding you are not enjoying the DL DRAW or TAILPIPE or whatever, I mean just plain dislike subohm, but otherwise I am betting it is the draw of the nic.

This is why I refuse to try squonking. I am NOT reinvesting in gear ALL over again, nor will I ever try new and improved coil heads, after vaping the dang Nautilus 0.7 mesh head. I am stocked for life and just not very happy now. LOL.

Good luck worst case you get a few MTL Rtas it would be cheapest. I'm not even gonna recommend any until you try upping your nic in your DL setups.

Also, get your GF to hide that pod thing! The more you vape it...

Oh gosh, good luck.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yup I know what they are using I've been vaping for a while and also been making my own juice and coils since a month after starting to vape

I know I understand all of that I've been vaping for a while, I guess I should have just ask my question directly instead of feeling my story

We get people on here at all levels of experience with vaping. When they don't say what theirs is in their original post...we don't know what it is. When they joined ECF is no indicator either. I've been helping several ECF members get a stash built, some of whom have been vaping 8-9 years or more...and have so far never used anything beyond stick batteries, Evod tanks, cartomizers, and similar. That's all the further their vaping knowledge went, even after all those years.

So I do apologize for providing a lot of unnecessary info in my post to you. I just fixed it. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread