SubOhm and Pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnB85

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
Savannah, GA
I first started vaping a while ago with MTL when the Halo Triton tank was first released. I went back to cigarettes and decided to go back to vaping on Halloween night. Since things have changed it was very easy to go to subohm which I figured out is what was missing the first time I tried to quit. Now I have quite a few tanks and a few RDA's that I tinker with. My thoughts are going with a MTL pod system of some kind when I don't feel like bringing a tank with me or worrying about bring extra batteries everywhere. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking for refillable so I can also dabble in nic salt juice flavors and not have to stick with whatever the manufacturers deem acceptable for sale.

*Edit* I do not want a DL pod system or that feeling. I want a MTL pod so the cloud production isn't ridiculous when I'm golfing or whatever.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Oh wow. I didn't even realize there was a pod forum. I don't really have a budget, I buy whatever works best. Currently I have a Freemax Mesh Pro on a DRAG2 because I'm at work. Home is a Crown3 on their mod (don't know the name of it) and a Pericles on an Alien.
S,
Lost Vape Orion
The LV Orion is on my short list. I would prefer the pods to be rebuildable, but some compromises are to be expected.
LV is releasing a new simplified version with easily selectable presets. No escribe needed.
Hmmm...

Cheers
I

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Good choices above but I would add one more. The Renova Zero pod is an excellent MTL device. Only 650 mAh battery but it lasts all day for me. It charges quick as well, under 45 mins from dead to full power. Has three power settings, a nice MTL style draw, and is a quality made little device that feels good in the hands. It only comes with one pod so would recommend buying extras when purchasing. However, the pods have a good life span and last a while.

• Agree
Reactions: Foggy Road

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
Are the pods rebuildable? I got a Nautilus AIO to be able to change coils, but was thinking of getting the Minifit as a bit more sustainable solution. Maybe the Zero would be a good option as well? I read something about Odis working on rebuildable pods for the Orion, but not sure I'd be willing to put down that money for a pod system. I'm sure it's great with the DNA GO chip, but I'm still on the fence.

Reactions: Eskie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Are the pods rebuildable? I got a Nautilus AIO to be able to change coils, but was thinking of getting the Minifit as a bit more sustainable solution. Maybe the Zero would be a good option as well? I read something about Odis working on rebuildable pods for the Orion, but not sure I'd be willing to put down that money for a pod system. I'm sure it's great with the DNA GO chip, but I'm still on the fence.
I don't expect they are as they are ceramic wick with temp control wire. My avg pod cost is about $1 a week. So I'm really not even curious about rebuilding.
Matter of fact I went pod to get away from all that twisting, winding and cotton stuffing. Was fun for a couple years but it got old for me.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
No, the pods are pretty much sealed for the Zero. Looking at them, it seems like it would be a real hassle to try to open them as they have a push to fill system in place. Plus they have a ceramic wick. Just seems like it would be a real pain to even try with these. But I am not much of a tinkerer so YMMV.

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
Thanks Foggy. It doesn't look like anything I am going to enjoy, though. For now the Nautilus AIO works fine, but having something with a few pods that I can rebuild monthly or bi-monthly would be great. So, might decide to sell the Geekvape Flint as soon as it's in and buy 2 Minifits with a few pods and NR-R-NR wire.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thanks Foggy. It doesn't look like anything I am going to enjoy, though. For now the Nautilus AIO works fine, but having something with a few pods that I can rebuild monthly or bi-monthly would be great. So, might decide to sell the Geekvape Flint as soon as it's in and buy 2 Minifits with a few pods and NR-R-NR wire.
Sounds like a plan. If you were my neighbor I could give you a pile of nr-r-nr.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ya know those Nautilus AIO coils can be rebuilt right?

Last edited:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The Innokin EQ uses a 0.5 ohm coil pack and mesh coil so production for a dl'r going to mtl is going to be less of a shock. But the temp controlled Zero is flat out marvelous.

My wife is a dl'r and prefers the Innokin during the day. Much less effort to gain a drag from. She puffs on a Zero at bedtime.

Both fit easily into a trouser pocket and look kinda stylish in the field. You'll get satisfactory drags without some Bob Hope look-a-like asking his friend Skip "hey Skippy is that one of those vapers or is he on fire"?....

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I will say one of the things I like about the EQ is the draw is tight but not to a degree I can't stand it, it's very easy to palm and no one even sees it, and I can take a draw in public, hold it a few seconds and have no vapor to be seen. Unless someone notices the smell it's virtually impossible to notice, and in the subway there are plenty of competing smells that mask a pleasant vanilla butterscotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread