Question for fellow JUUL users

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1ckyr4y

Aug 29, 2018
Florida
So I put the pod in (this happens with multiple pods) and it hits real nice.. like a cigarette. A lot of times though after awhile it will no longer give me that SLIGHT burn in my throat like a cigarette does. I have to remove it, flick it or shake it a little and then put the pod back in the juul and it goes back to hitting nice. Now keep in mind I've tried this with multiple JUULs and its always the same.

I'm using the juul to quit cigarettes and I have been cigarette free for 7 days now so I really like the way it hits. I have been hitting the juul like crazy though I always have it on me, I'm guessing it's because I just quit cigarettes and it's a compulsion of mine.

One last question, if I was 1 pack a day or 1 1/2 packs a day how many pods should I go through in a day? I heard one pod is one pack of smokes but I find it hard to kill a whole pod in a day. Considering that 4 pods is about 15-18 dollars, which equals 4 packs of ciggs.. comparing the price of the two and the JUUL pod packs are really not that bad here in FL anyway.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think it's nearly impossible to say how much of any particular vape is equivalent to a certain number of cigarettes. How much you should go through is however much it takes to keep you from smoking.

As for cost, Juul pods are certainly expensive. A few years ago, there was no real alternative for people who wanted or needed that kind of vape, but that has changed. You can now buy ~50 mg nic salt juice at a reasonable price. My local shop has 48 mg for $17 per 30ml bottle. That's the equivalent of 30-some pods. Then find a refillable device that suits you, and you can get the same sort of vape for a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos said 50mg nicotine is the equivalent as cigarettes. I am not sure what he meant. Maybe puff per puff it is equal I guess. How many puffs per cigarette? 25 maybe?
IIRC, he said it may take 50 mg/ml liquid to get the speed of absorption one gets from a cigarette.

But that's not the same as being able to measure equivalence. Let's start with the fact that the amount of nicotine delivered by a cigarette varies quite a bit between different types of cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread