In Defense of the DSE 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
My new recommendation for anyone that wants a 901, is to get a 808 battery and use it on it. Best of both worlds.

That is what I used for a long time. I wanted my 901 drip on an auto.. So I put it on an 801 auto. The adapter helped stop some of the leaking.
However Ive switched to the manual vgo. Better power and vape time.

Sent from my pod

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
I have found a really easy way to keep my DSE 901 atty's from leaking out the hole in the center of the batterry connection. Simply take a peice of aluminum foil about 1'' long and roll it up until it is just smaller than the hole in the atty.Then flatten one end of it, then slide it into the hole of the atty. Then attach the battery and vape away. So far so good for me, I have had very little (and I mean very little) juice leak out ot the battery connection side. It seams to have stopped most of the leaking out of the air hole as well.

girlwithnolife

Mar 23, 2009
Hi I have always used the 901's. Tried the riva but don't care for the manual button. I'm, used to just puffing. Anyway, I lost my supplier:( Any suggestions for atomizers and batteries? Also, is it just me or do some of the atomizers seem weaker from the beginning than others? Sometimes it seems like I'm switching my batteries and atomizers back and forth till I get a good vape. Thanks for info.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Hi I have always used the 901's. Tried the riva but don't care for the manual button. I'm, used to just puffing. Anyway, I lost my supplier:( Any suggestions for atomizers and batteries? Also, is it just me or do some of the atomizers seem weaker from the beginning than others? Sometimes it seems like I'm switching my batteries and atomizers back and forth till I get a good vape. Thanks for info.

Try here I use them for all my 901 needs, do not think I will ever use anyone else.

901 Accessories : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
girlwithnolife-(sad name!) Hi! Yea, sometimes I get an atomizer that just never works as well as most. I estimate about 60% of my 901 atties have fallen into the "just fine" range, 20% have been "Whoa! This thing is amazing!" and the remaining 20% are "WTF is wrong with this thing??" I think thats true of most types. And yes again, I have also found that some attys work best with some batteries and I switch them around until I find the best combo. I don't mind though, I like fiddling with things.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Hey Dee the way i see it you can vape something that does the job very well and is small enough to feel good in your hands. OR, You can vape something that works well and doubles as a billy club. I dont have any use for a billy club.

I like using my Infinity here at home when I'm on the computer but in public I'd rather use something smaller and more discreet.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hey Dee the way i see it you can vape something that does the job very well and is small enough to feel good in your hands. OR, You can vape something that works well and doubles as a billy club. I dont have any use for a billy club.
You describe a false dilemma from my POV. A 901 can be used with any PV you like (some with adapters), from a Silver Bullet (your billy club) to a KR808. Ahhhh, variety is the spice of life, you can even use the 901 with "something that works well".

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south

girlwithnolife

Mar 23, 2009
girlwithnolife-(sad name!) Hi! Yea, sometimes I get an atomizer that just never works as well as most. I estimate about 60% of my 901 atties have fallen into the "just fine" range, 20% have been "Whoa! This thing is amazing!" and the remaining 20% are "WTF is wrong with this thing??" I think thats true of most types. And yes again, I have also found that some attys work best with some batteries and I switch them around until I find the best combo. I don't mind though, I like fiddling with things.
yeah, that's wat I thought. BTW, don't look at my sn as sad. It started as a joke and now I use it everywhere cause it's easy for me to remember. haha My life is gr8;-)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
@Andyhrn: The threading is the same. So, a 901 will fit a Kr808D-1 battery without the need for an adapter. But the standard setup for the KR808d-1 is a two piece (battery plus cartomizer), while the 901 is an atomizer for use in a three piece PV. The 901 can also be used for dripping, which is not recommended with an auto battery. They are available in a number of resistances.

I don't know which one came first ... but, I think it was the 901 (as in indicated by Post #1)

Last edited:

bunniee

May 18, 2011
Austin, TX
I got a DSE901 on the recommendation of a friend, and really like it! I ordered the starter kit from Totally Wicked, then discovered this forum and bought some cartos from Value Vapor. I still use an atomizer if I'm trying out a new flavor, or using e-liquid that might leave a lingering taste in the cartomizer.

The battery life isn't great with the mini e-cig but I just take my charger to work with an extra battery. No big deal. When I'm at home on the weekends, I usually have one battery charging while using the other.

Peg0325

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
Western PA
I really like the way the 901 atomizer draws. Finally I figured out (or saw in the fine print) that the Totally Wicked Screwdriver is a 901 with a big battery. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and really love it. I have also put the 510 tanks on the 901 atty, with a little piece of tape, to use in the car, lawn tractor, etc.

Does anyone know of any other 901's that are hiding behind brand names? Is there one that is comparable to the eGo? Something with tanks?

I even ordered my GG with a 901 connection. 510's suck too much air.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I really like the way the 901 atomizer draws. Finally I figured out (or saw in the fine print) that the Totally Wicked Screwdriver is a 901 with a big battery. I just got it a couple of weeks ago and really love it. I have also put the 510 tanks on the 901 atty, with a little piece of tape, to use in the car, lawn tractor, etc.

Does anyone know of any other 901's that are hiding behind brand names? Is there one that is comparable to the eGo? Something with tanks?

LF has a Riva 750 mah 901 and Cropduster has the Echo auto 1300 mah that has 901 connector and comes with a 3.5 ml carto.:2cool:

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago

Yeah must be the single little pin-sized intake hole. I drip as it stands today and didn't like my 901s as much as 501s at first (one SR and one LR) but they are growing on me more and more as they break in and produce fuller vapor. Flavor is def better.

And using an eGo cone with a 510 atty helps a lot to cut down on the air intake and tighten the draw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread