Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I know there have been other reviews of these, but I just had to say a few words about these puppies:

Over the past few days I've had an opportunity to play with the MaXimizer, the Vision and the newer Sapphire. I've been using CE2's daily for almost a year so I'm pretty used to how that wick/coil system performs on these. The MaXimizer produces more vapor and brings the taste of my juice out better than any other carto/atty I've ever tried. They're fairly expensive at $9.95 a pop, but if they last as long as my CE2's (and I don't see why they wouldn't), they're well worth the cost. I like them so much I just ordered more last night. A few tips:

As others have mentioned, removing the fill ring on these can be a pain. They're in there tight and it takes a bit of work to get them out. I like to remove them because I prefer to drip-fill from the bottle and then reinsert the ring. I find that the fill ring from the Vision works well in the MaXimizer and is easier to get in/out. No leaks so far using this method. If you're having wicking issues with the factory fill ring try one from a Vision before you give up.

The mouthpiece on these falls out easily, but the tip from Chris about using a #6 o-ring is spot on. It makes for a good, secure fit. You'll find them in the faucet repair section of your local Lowes/Home Depot.

If you use a box mod (like me), and want these to fit you'll need to either get yourself a 510 extender or cut the bottom skirt off the carto. I wanted to keep the overall length of my rig to a minimum so I decided to cut the skirt. It's easily done with a mini pipe-cutter. You'll need to take off about 3/8" to get a good connection on a box mod.

That's about it - except to say that if you haven't tried one of these yet, you really need to. The taste and vapor reminds me of a really good bottle mod without all the fuss.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hijack away! There's already been some good reviews on these but it impressed me so much I had to add my own two cents. It's the coolest most flavorable vape I think I've ever experienced. I'm just glad I had a few Visions here to steal fill plugs from (I leave my Visions upright on the desk so I don't have to worry about them leaking).

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
I only just now got a v2 from a friend (THANKYOU ;) ) and havent tried it yet. But i have several of the v1 that i modded with clear tubes and they work extremely well and in my experience have less problems than the vision as far as condensation and juice leaking in the mouthpiece. i also like the round mouthpiece better then either of the whistle tips that come with the v2 or vision - which by the way the v2 mouthpiece works perfectly in the vision and the v1 mouthpiece is a little big for the v2 and the vision but can bo coaxed in if careful.
AND the v1 seal setup with the big fill hole i can use the little nipple from the sapphire and no more syringing :w00t:

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I guess I'm still learning to use them. I've experienced the same problems with the VISION Clearomizers as I've had with the FLUXomizers. That being my Cinnamon juice attacks the tubes, haven't had a coil last a week yet. In all fairness, I vape hell out of them. Usually fill at least three times a day, sometimes more. While they work they're terrific. . .just proving to be an expensive clearo for my daily vape, compared to the C-E2 syringe mod. . .so far. But, I'm a stubborn ole coot, I'll make um work. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I only just now got a v2 from a friend (THANKYOU ;) ) and havent tried it yet. But i have several of the v1 that i modded with clear tubes and they work extremely well and in my experience have less problems than the vision as far as condensation and juice leaking in the mouthpiece. i also like the round mouthpiece better then either of the whistle tips that come with the v2 or vision - which by the way the v2 mouthpiece works perfectly in the vision and the v1 mouthpiece is a little big for the v2 and the vision but can bo coaxed in if careful.
AND the v1 seal setup with the big fill hole i can use the little nipple from the sapphire and no more syringing :w00t:

I have a boatload of V1s, but I gave up on modding them. I just can't reliably get them separated from the metal sleeve without breaking something in the process.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
i sanded down an old auto batt so it fits through the bottom shelf hole. use this to press it out with a vice - you only have to go a little and it will come loose. i take out the bottom shelf and cut the skirt off with my dremel leaving a ring - press it back on the bottom of the v1 to act as a stop for the tube. i found a syringe tube that fits perfect - make it longer to hold the mouthpiece.
just a side note i think the base of these is coated brass. I found an old one on my desk (the one that had the red led in it) and it was still half full of what had been strawberry juice that had turned a nasty shade of green. now i also put a ss wick in there and the led but others have used both with no problems before. when i modded it i scratched the base with pliers exposing the gold color. this happened around the edge above the oring for the tube. the only explanation is the metal is brass and reacted with the juice. normally the metal plating would not be disturbed so it should not be an issue if there is no gold metal exposed. needless to say i wont be using that one again and a couple others with gold scratches i haven't filled yet.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I keep getting the battery stuck in there destroying it. I'll have to try sanding it down if I can ever get motivated to tinker with my V1's again.

i sanded down an old auto batt so it fits through the bottom shelf hole. use this to press it out with a vice - you only have to go a little and it will come loose. i take out the bottom shelf and cut the skirt off with my dremel leaving a ring - press it back on the bottom of the v1 to act as a stop for the tube. i found a syringe tube that fits perfect - make it longer to hold the mouthpiece.
just a side note i think the base of these is coated brass. I found an old one on my desk (the one that had the red led in it) and it was still half full of what had been strawberry juice that had turned a nasty shade of green. now i also put a ss wick in there and the led but others have used both with no problems before. when i modded it i scratched the base with pliers exposing the gold color. this happened around the edge above the oring for the tube. the only explanation is the metal is brass and reacted with the juice. normally the metal plating would not be disturbed so it should not be an issue if there is no gold metal exposed. needless to say i wont be using that one again and a couple others with gold scratches i haven't filled yet.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
you only need sand like 2 inches. and "just" push it out but not through. with the vise go slow it needs only like 2~3mm movement to get it loose then you can unscrew the batt and get it apart. oh it did push the 510connector into the batt tube (it has the guts removed) the first time and i think i sanded it a bit more after that so it went in there smoothly. if you already gutted some you should already have one empty base part to check the size of the batt
hope this helps motivate ya lol

ZebadeeDoodah

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2011
Tucson, AZ USA
After reading BanjoMan's praise I ordered a Maximizer, and it finally came today.

I'm totally impressed. The thing is elegant and handsome, has the most comfortable mouthpiece I've tried yet, produces excellent flavor and vapor, and worked right out of the box.

Thanks, BanjoMan! The Maximizer wasn't even on my list before your review.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
The MaXimizer is one of the unsung heroes of GotVapes : )

The review I did for that one is still one of my more popular reviews believe it or not. The V2 update on those things was like night and day. The only real nit I can pick on it is that the new tube design doesn't allow you to fit an eGo type b drip tip on it like you could with the first version.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I liked your review, too. StotheK, and it sealed the deal. It was BanjoMan who bumped it into my consciousness, but thanks for your longer review as well.

Thanks, it was funny the topic came up because I was looking at the individual post stats today and was kind of surprised to see the Maximzer still trending since stuff gets pushed off the front page pretty quickly and that was one of my first reviews.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread