In the market for a new Atty but what to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Guess I'll wait till I'm verified and see if anyone wants it. Thanks for the heads up.
Might not be horrible for you to build and wick. I was stubborn and got it to work, flavor was very good. Just didn't ever want to do it again. :lol:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Does anyone know if the uwell Crown rba will fit the crown 2 or 3 or only the original crown? Do I even want a uwell Crown? Somehow even though they were sold out of the Crown I still ordered the rba. I just can't pass up a bargain.

From memory there is no RBA for the Crown 3, they never planned to make one last i heard, and pretty sure the original one doesnt fit in it...ill stand corrected if anyone has better info.

I only ever had the original Crown and RBA, and i famously rage posted them back to the actual head of Uwells desk, nice man, refunded my money AND sent me an entire new Crown and RBA kit, which i piffed to another vaper on my home forum - its since become a running joke as it has been passed around a few times because no one could live with it - only the other day i wondered aloud on the forum who currently had it...

The Crown 1 had a huge issue with stock coils, it was like the lottery finding a batch of coils that would last more than 2/3 days, Uwell never instituted batch tracking and couldnt recall the bad ones, and they went through several iterations of them with still varying degreess of success. This same issue, continually revised coils, still pervaded the Crown 2 and 3...

The original RBA was just fiddly and underwhelming - s wicking anyone? sheesh, i lasted exactly one tank, and a record 4 builds for a new tank on it before the whole lot went back to whence it came...still equal worst tank ive ever had...along with the famous Subleak Spitty (Subtank Mini) - 1st tank i ever owned....

Update:

From here: Crown RBA Coil

Comes this line:

• Only meant for use with an authentic Uwell Crown subtank

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
From memory there is no RBA for the Crown 3, they never planned to make one last i heard, and pretty sure the original one doesnt fit in it...ill stand corrected if anyone has better info.

I only ever had the original Crown and RBA, and i famously rage posted them back to the actual head of Uwells desk, nice man, refunded my money AND sent me an entire new Crown and RBA kit, which i piffed to another vaper on my home forum - its since become a running joke as it has been passed around a few times because no one could live with it - only the other day i wondered aloud on the forum who currently had it...

The Crown 1 had a huge issue with stock coils, it was like the lottery finding a batch of coils that would last more than 2/3 days, Uwell never instituted batch tracking and couldnt recall the bad ones, and they went through several iterations of them with still varying degreess of success. This same issue, continually revised coils, still pervaded the Crown 2 and 3...

The original RBA was just fiddly and underwhelming - s wicking anyone? sheesh, i lasted exactly one tank, and a record 4 builds for a new tank on it before the whole lot went back to whence it came...still equal worst tank ive ever had...along with the famous Subleak Spitty (Subtank Mini) - 1st tank i ever owned....

Update:

From here: Crown RBA Coil

Comes this line:

• Only meant for use with an authentic Uwell Crown subtank
Thanks. Think I'll pass on this tank and see if anyone wants the rba. If not I might try practicing on it. Won't waste too much money if I throw it across the room.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I must take issue with the above comments. I've used the original Crown for four years, and never had an issue with it or any of its coils. I tried all four coil options, and settled on using the 0.5 ohm coils because they were designed for 30 watts, my sweet spot. I get up to 4 weeks with the coils.

I currently use three original Crowns and two Mini Crowns.
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

I've never tried the RBA base for the original Crown, so I can't comment on it. I did order a couple that were on sale a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received them yet.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I must take issue with the above comments. I've used the original Crown for four years, and never had an issue with it or any of its coils. I tried all four coil options, and settled on using the 0.5 ohm coils because they were designed for 30 watts, my sweet spot. I get up to 4 weeks with the coils.

I currently use three original Crowns and two Mini Crowns.
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

I've never tried the RBA base for the original Crown, so I can't comment on it. I did order a couple that were on sale a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received them yet.

You were one of the lucky ones, theres entire threads all over the internet, including here (including my original reporting of the issue, where i got trolled by Crown fanboys, fanboys are the worst, but also backed up by others - still got trolled even when i provided proof from Uwell themselves, but still fanboys banged on, go figure) that back me up, apart from literally everyone i know who bought one - a number of us hounded our local vape store to get them in and then we all had to apologise to him when all he did was lose money on them with the constant returns on the tanks and coils. I didnt invent the facts, sorry. While they may have improved since, a quick visit to youtube will give you evidence that even with the Crown 3 they had the same issue as years ago, at least 3 iterations of coils..Rip Trippers had a running video series on the issue for one.

Like i said, you are one of the lucky ones, and im truly glad for you!

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
For the record I ended up getting a blue Falcon! I love it. The flavor is amazing and so far no problems. It doesn't leak and it matches my procolor.

Then as I was arguing with myself over whether I made the right choice or not, hubs surprised me. He told me to go ahead and get the other one too so i immediately ordered the Crius 2 from ft. Still waiting for that order but it hasn't been that long yet.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread