Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Not really news as such, just something......weird.

So last week when I checked the status of HB 1432, it listed that on 4/21 it was Signed by the Speaker (H) and then above that, 4/22 Signed by the President Pro Tempore (S). And then it stayed that way through yesterday.

Today, after reading @Hoosier 's post, I went back over to check status and see if it had been sent to the governor yet, and the 4/22 Pres Pro Tem status had been removed. Finding that odd, I went over to check the log of the daily actions of the senate and sure enough, it's been removed from that days log. However, in today's daily actions log for the senate, it listed HB 1432 and said Signed by the President of the Senate.

Okay, not sure why it would matter but anyway. The listing on the bills page for actions still hadn't changed or updated to reflect that Pres of the Senate signature. I go away for a while, a few hours pass and I go back to check to see if it's updated and ...... now the Senate daily actions log has removed the Pres of the Senate signature listing.

WTF? o_O

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
My last report, a few hours old now, is that a physical check was done and it is missing, the Pro Tem had not signed. As long as the Pro Tem signature is on there before midnight tonight, it goes to the governor.

I find it hard to believe that after the onslaught we've been fighting that they would let it slip through a technical "crack"...

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
My last report, a few hours old now, is that a physical check was done and it is missing, the Pro Tem had not signed. As long as the Pro Tem signature is on there before midnight tonight, it goes to the governor.

I find it hard to believe that after the onslaught we've been fighting that they would let it slip through a technical "crack"...
this sounds like the legislative version of whack a mole.
a diversionary tactic to keep opponents off guard to
keep them from concentrating their forces.
it all depends on who's forces they are trying to thwart.
good luck.
mike

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Update on SB 463 - after going through both houses it went to conference committee - their report was passed again and it's ready for the gov.

I think the most pertinent section is one that was added in committee, where it says, in part:

"SECTION 6. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2015]
(a) The general assembly urges the legislative council to assign the following topics to the public policy interim study committee during the 2015 interim:

(3) whether e-cigarettes should be:

(A) defined as tobacco products; and
(B) subject to smoking bans;

(4) e-cigarette taxation;

(5) the fiscal impact of an increase in the cigarette tax

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
And now it's back as it was two days ago, listed on the bill's action page

S 04/22/2015 Signed by the President Pro Tempore

I don't know what games they're playing, but they're playing at something...

MarvelMyxer

Jan 8, 2015
Franklin, IN
Dear Mr. Keller:

Thank you for your letter to Governor Pence. He appreciates the time you took to express your views.

House Enrolled Act 1432, Regulation of e-liquids was passed by the Indiana General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Pence and will take effect on July 1, 2015. The 2015 Bill Watch on the governor's website has been established. All legislation that has been sent to the governor's office for consideration can be viewed at Governor Pence: 2015 Bill Watch <http://www.in.gov/gov/2015billwatch.htm> .

Please be assured that Governor Pence monitors all legislation closely as it proceeds through the legislative process and will thoroughly review all bills that are brought to him for his signature.

Thank you for contacting Governor Pence and for being an engaged citizen.

Sincerely,

Kristen Kane

Constituent Services Representative

Office of the Governor

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
Dear Mr. Keller:

Thank you for your letter to Governor Pence. He appreciates the time you took to express your views.

House Enrolled Act 1432, Regulation of e-liquids was passed by the Indiana General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Pence and will take effect on July 1, 2015. The 2015 Bill Watch on the governor's website has been established. All legislation that has been sent to the governor's office for consideration can be viewed at Governor Pence: 2015 Bill Watch <http://www.in.gov/gov/2015billwatch.htm> .

Please be assured that Governor Pence monitors all legislation closely as it proceeds through the legislative process and will thoroughly review all bills that are brought to him for his signature.

Thank you for contacting Governor Pence and for being an engaged citizen.

Sincerely,

Kristen Kane

Constituent Services Representative

Office of the Governor

I got the same thing back. it just makes me want to rage.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Crap, guess I will just have to cross the border and pay with cash like a bootlegger.

No vaping while driving will be next due to the distraction to the driver for dripping.

Just not dripping ketchup on their shirt from McDonalds while getting heart disease and smoking at the same time. That will be cool.

Reactions: drksideken
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread