Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
(Update - 03.24.15)

Indiana Vapers,
Your presence is requested!
The biggest threat to e-liquid access is happening in your state
and we need your help!

★ ★ ★​

This Thursday, March 26 at 1:30 PM, vapers and small business owners from across the state will participate in a rally outside the State House in Indianapolis. We need to send a strong signal to the Indiana Legislature that HB 1432 and SB 539 are anti-consumer and will harm public health.

Can't make it to the State House? Even if you've already made a phone call on the matter, we need you to call your Indiana State Senator one more time. They need to know that they have passionate (but respectful) constituents that truly care about how they vote on this issue.

CASAA: Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
SB 463 has passed the house and is being returned to the senate with amendments. I haven't read the whole bill or the amendments as of yet - anyone know what this would mean in terms of e-cigs products and vaping in general?

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2015/bills/senate/463/#

what? a i reading 463 right? they cannot amend the master tobacco settlement agreement
with out all parties agreeing. its a legal contract not a law. e-cigarette products were not
party to the agreement and cannot be subjugated under it. deeming it a tobacco product
after the fact does not mitigate the fact that the agreement was for a whole different product.
one that causes harm,namely cigarettes.e-cigarettes don't qualify as the do not meet the
reason why the states made the agreement. to recoup medical expenses and provide
education. in turn tobacco companies got protection from law suites.
there has not been dollar one spent on health care involving the normal use
of e-cigs.(exploding batteries and accidental poisonings are standard product liability
issues and as such are covered under existing regulations and laws)
i noticed there was no reciprocal protection offered to protect e-cig product
manufacturers from law suites. if they think they can throw e-cigs into the
master tobacco settlement it would have to encompass the spirit and meaning
of the whole agreement. not just part of it.are they implying by omission
that the normal use of e-cigs causes no harm therefore no blanket protection
is needed?
i an beginning to wonder if all this garbage being proposed in so many
states is a coordinated nation wide strategy to throw every thing against
the wall to see what sticks to give the FDA a heads up on how far it
can go.
:2c:
mike

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They passed it.

I hope that people are keeping a Record of who has Voted to Pass these Bills. And that their Names will be Mentioned Again in the Next Election Cycle.

I also Hope that EVER Vaper in Indian has Written the Governor's Office as well as the Local Media.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Call to Action Updated!

(Update - 04.20.15)

HB 1432, which would destroy the vapor industry in Indiana and essentially ban the sale of e-liquids produced out-of-state, is expected to be transmitted to Governor Pence’s office this week. It is of critical importance that ALL vapers, their friends, and family members take this opportunity to contact the Governor and respectfully insist that he VETO this bill.

(Writing Tip #1) If you have a lot to say, please craft your email in a separate word doc and then copy/paste it into the field provided. If you take too long, they system will time out and you will lose your work.
(Writing Tip #2) Although we've provided a prewritten email with compelling talking points, we would strongly encourage you to edit the email because personalized communications to legislators are far more persuasive than form letters. At a minimum, PLEASE INSERT YOUR PERSONAL STORY (just a few sentences) in the text of your email.

Link to Call to Action: CASAA: Indiana Call to Action: Multiple Indiana bills would threaten access to and use of e-cigarettes.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I hope that people are keeping a Record of who has Voted to Pass these Bills. And that their Names will be Mentioned Again in the Next Election Cycle.

I also Hope that EVER Vaper in Indian has Written the Governor's Office as well as the Local Media.

Voting no:
Banks, A., Bassler, Becker(also spoke against it before the vote), Boots, Delph, Glick, Grooms, Head, Mrvan, Schneider, Smith, Tomes, Walker, Waltz, Young, M.

This is wierd. Maybe the transition has started. There are 2 threads active again. This one is 2 pages, the other is 9.

Edit: OK, This one is in Legislation, the other is in Casaa. I thought one was closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread