• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Indiana eSmokers/Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þornbjörg

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Tampa, FL
Figured I'd post in the thread...

Still a Hoosier at heart... grew up in Winamac, Indiana (30 minutes north of Logansport, at the crossroads of Indiana 14 and US 35).

I still have family living there, and visit regularly... getting ready for a trip, wanted to check up on local laws there beforehand.

Even though I'm in Florida now, with all its many amusement parks, I still miss going to Indiana Beach every summer. I went back a few years ago, and its smaller than I remembered it, but still a fun and totally different environment than anywhere here.

indyjoey

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Hello Hoosiers!

I have been vaping since March/April '09. Glad to see other Hoosiers enjoying the vaping.

The vaping is great minus the frustration of having to order supplies online (I seem to have bad luck with attys). Would anyone happen to know of retail location in Indianapolis for supplies? Or which online suppliers you buy from?

I currently use johnson creek liquids and puresmoker prodigy/attys and recently ordered the protege.

Thanks & Regards!

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
born and indy!

Welcome!

Indy - The only shop I can think of that has atomizers is the pilot station on 65 just south of Indianapolis and those are for the nJoy and I saw those a few months ago. I am assuming they are still there.

Indianapolis Smoke Free Update: Tonight is the city-councils FINAL vote on whether Indianapolis will go smoke free. We have done everything we possibly can to let the council know that including the electronic cigarette in a "smoking" ban has nothing to do with science so we will see...

I am anxious to hear if there will be any discussion regarding the ecig tonight as the only council members to respond to us, including those who sponsored the bill, have no clue what an ecig is. I do know we got the attention of ANR (American's for Non-Smokers Rights). More on that soon!

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Smoking ban in Indy gets Tabled...

Yeah 12 Nay 13 Abstain 2 Absent 2

On agenda for the next meeting.

Motion to table. 2nd to motion.

Yeah 14 Nay 13

Tabled.

What does this mean? This means that the smoking ban did not pass, but will presented at a later date when more information is available.

Not ONE mention of the electronic cigarette... so there is more work to be done!!!

But this is GOOD!

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Welcome Vic - For all Hoosiers who are interested and haven't yet, if you want to PM me your email, I am sending updates as needed regarding what is going on with the current Smoking Ban proposal here in Marion County.

Of course, I won't ever give out your email nor will I ever use it for business purposes.

Another update.... In order for the tabled ordinance to be voted on again, they must get 18 votes. IF it makes it off of the table, they expect it to happen quickly and the smoking ban will go into effect by Thanksgiving.

So if you are in Marion County or you KNOW someone on the council, please feel free to keep sending them your comments. If you haven't been in on our emails... please let me know so I can send you the info that we have already sent them. There is quite a bit... and of course you are encouraged to send your own story, but we have compiled information that is specific to our ordinance so it just helps as a guide!

Happy Vaping!

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
So, Lacey, I've been reading some posts from people who see how the public school systems are criminalizing smokers in the eyes of our children. This hasn't effected mine as we homeschool ( 3 grads, 3 in the middle and 1 just starting), but many parents face this problem. I tend to be drawn to polical issues, fact checking and all and can stand my ground, but I lack when it comes to taking something so complex as the transition from "smoking is bad for you" to "your bad if you smoke" into more simple terms kids can grab ahold of. Since you seem to have the ability to articulate a point well, any thoughts? I usually behave like a kid and told my wife, when I reached the ripe old age of 30, that I could be childish at any age, but, ya know, @ almost 46 I'm having a little trouble thinking like a kid. I know you're not Ann Landers (never liked her, anyway) or anything, but, any advice for criminal parents? :confused:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Twisted -

Sorry for the late response... Too much candy to sift through this weekend and "test" to make sure it was good. LOL

Believe it or not... this is SUCH a hard question to answer!!! I will make my feeble attempt...

It certainly is a shame that the public school system feels the need to teach our children things other than math, science, the arts and so on... that somehow, we need them to be teaching our children about morals, who is a good person and who is bad.

However, what it does give us hands on parents the ability to do, is to open up conversation with our little ones to show them that there are different perspectives out there and that we don't need to accept them as truth, but as another way of seeing things.

Let's take the example of candy! What child hasn't gotten their halloween candy bag and hid in a closet and eaten it all at once until they are sick!?! Does that make the child a bad person? They know it makes them sick to eat that much candy, but they do it anyways. Is that a bad child or is that a bad decision? What's important is when the time arises again, do you sit in the closet and eat all of the candy, or do you remember the last time, and space out your candy over a weeks period and enjoy each piece, never getting a stomach ache?

In a child's perspective on being judgmental, let's take the playground. Johnny comes home every day and complains that Billy is constantly beating him up on the play ground. Johnny begins to believe that Billy is a bad person and he should get what's coming to him. But Dad explains to Johnny that it is possible, that Billy gets hit by his dad at home. Or his mom doesn't give him hugs and kisses. Billy, acts out his lack of love and attention at home, by beating up on kids on the playground. Does that make Billy bad?

Most children will respond: No. It makes me sad that Billy's mom and dad don't love him.

We all make choices and choices are a result of being presented with a problem or task and figuring out the best way to proceed. Those choices, wrong or right, do not make us bad people. And we all encounter people who make bad choices, but it is our ability to put ourselves in their shoes, that keep us from being judgmental.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Thanks, Ann....er, uh, Lacey. Sorry, just snuck out of the closet. They're looking for me, I've got to hide the bag. Thanks for the post, I think that brought it to the level I was searching for. Gotta go, now, they've found one of the empty Tootsie Roll wrappers. No, the dog's barking. They're on my trail. I'll hide in the attic 'til Easter.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
The Indy SmokeFree Ordinance is back on the table!

Lots of interesting viewpoints:

IndyStar.com | Marion County, Indiana, breaking news, photos, things to do | The Indianapolis Star

Smoking Ban Vote Could Put Ballard In Tough Spot - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

Is Smoke Free Indy Playing with Fire? | Indiana Barrister

What is most interesting are the comments regarding the Mayor.

The Mayor's office NEEDS to be contacted. He is the last line of defense. Also, it is important that if you wish to contact anyone on the council, which all members should receive your emails... Please add special focus to Councilors Oliver, Dane Mahern, Doris Minton-McNeill and Monroe Gray. These are four key democratic votes we need to ensure that they don’t reach the magical number 15 to actually vote this thru on November 30th.

The City of Indianapolis / Marion County for all contact information.

Goldbug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indianapolis
indyvaporshop.com
Hello Hoosiers!

I have been vaping since March/April '09. Glad to see other Hoosiers enjoying the vaping.

The vaping is great minus the frustration of having to order supplies online (I seem to have bad luck with attys). Would anyone happen to know of retail location in Indianapolis for supplies? Or which online suppliers you buy from?

I currently use johnson creek liquids and puresmoker prodigy/attys and recently ordered the protege.

Thanks & Regards!

Hello. Just started stocking 801 parts and accessories. indyvaporshop.com

obrian93

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
You'll note that Goldbug posted a url previously.

What Goldbug meant to say was HOLY CRAP A BRICK AND MORTAR PV STORE IN INDY. Looks like it's a 34th and Georgetown. Poking around on the site it looks like mostly Bauway/BestEcig and that Joye is coming soon. Never tried a BW510 atty, but if it runs as hot as the Joye I'll be in heaven.

I'll be heading up tomorrow after lunch. Then tomorrow night I'll be getting a stern talking-to at home regarding my spending habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread