The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Infinity pro shock!

Discussion in 'Buzz Mods' started by jimbill, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jimbill

    jimbill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Jan 4, 2011
    Was using my ipro and went to set it down and heard a loud snap and got a small shock what could have caused this?.The ipro still works fine but am kind of scared to use it here is a pic.

    Attached Files:

  2. mwa102464

    mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

    Wow, looks like something grounded out and touched metal that shouldn't have, did you back out that screw and look inside ? check the wires, see if one looks black and possibly touched the cap inside some way, see if your wire has insulation on it still as well, or if its burnt off. Just my initial thoughts jimbill
  3. Hottody

    Hottody Moved On ECF Veteran

    Mar 20, 2011
    Temcula CA
    Wow...I plugged in my iPad the other day and got a shock and saw a flame shoot from the electrical circuit! Anything electrical is a bit scary! I don't blam you for being a bit scared to use the device! I would definitely do some research to put you mind at ease! Could be nothing...but I would proceed with caution!:)
  4. jimbill

    jimbill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks mwa good idea to check the wires under the cap well just checked the screw and it is tight and looks fine time to check some wires.
  5. jimbill

    jimbill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Jan 4, 2011
    Well the wiring was fine this has me stumped could it have been static electricity shooting to ground because there is a metal table i sit it on? any one else have an idea whats going on here.
  6. markfm

    markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Supporting member
    I'd suggest posting in the main notcigs ecf forum area, the troubleshooting sticky.

    A shock comes from a voltage difference, a path to ground through you.

    It could be the opposite direction, something had built potential on that table. That also is an outlier, but coming up with a way for the pv to source it is tough.

    Your static electricity thought is also possible, not the pv doing anything other than being a conductor as your hand nears the table.

    Hopefully someone will come up with a good answer :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice