Info i found.Would like thoughts on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
I always thought e juice was a bad idea and people should buy it already in carts. The problem is kids drinkig it etc. I also always thought the e juice would ruin the ecig industry. It should be in tamper proof carts. The problem is everyone is too cheap to buy a cart and will make juice until the govt forces us out of it.

It would be pretty easy for a child to swallow and/or choke on one of my 901 carts, if I was dumb enough to leave them laying around near children. Same with large handfuls of Tylenol. Same with leaving cigarette lighters laying about.

The solution is keeping them out of the reach of children -- and pets, for that matter. It's not really that hard to keep a toddler from killing himself or herself accidentally.

That being said, I really don't use carts as anything other than a mouthpiece as I drip... which is better than a cart any day, in my opinion.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I always thought e juice was a bad idea and people should buy it already in carts. The problem is kids drinkig it etc. I also always thought the e juice would ruin the ecig industry. It should be in tamper proof carts. The problem is everyone is too cheap to buy a cart and will make juice until the govt forces us out of it.

Im going to hazard a guess that you don't have any kids.
When you DO have kids you will know that we make the entire HOUSE kid proof or as kid proof as we can until they learn what can and can't be messed with.
Arguments like this 'kids might drink it' can apply to virtually anything you have that isn't water.
Cleaning products, alcohol,medicine (even medicine for kids), gasoline, propane, cooking oil, any kind of cooking product, coffee and tea (in large amounts these can be toxic for tiny livers and kidneys), glue, any other kind of adhesive, lamp oil, wood oil, any other kind of oil, antifreeze, windscreen wash, air freshner, rat poison, roach poison, bug spray, hairspray, shampoo, conidtioner, hair tonic, pot pourri (yes you can buy it in a lquid form now), perfume, aftershave..the list is endless.
Should we ban all these? When did you last see a perfume in a child proof bottle? What about shampoo? Motor oil?
Parents have responsiblities to make sure their kids aren't stupid enough to go trying this stuff; most of us succeed most of the time. ELiquid is NO different to any other hazardous material currently found around the home.
I find your post quite insulting. :mad:

Lisbeth

Apr 16, 2010

What we really need is less government and more personal accountability. If this is ever regulated, agreed - it should fall under the same category as any nicotine supplement. Keep it out of the reach of children.

Personally, the gum scares me more.

Last edited:

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
i had the most horrible chest pains a few days back. i have never experienced anything like it before. absolute extreme pain, which really took my breath away. it lasted about 3 minutes, which after i s**t myself in fright! i was on the phone at the time and my friend said it could be 'that new stuff 'you are smoking. i doubt i would have considered that, but it made me think. because none of us really know how safe vaping is, i guess anything is a possibility. we know how bad analogs are, and most probably would kill us in the end, but vaping?... we just don't know. all we do know is that because it doesn't possess the cancer causing chemicals that analogs do, it must be safer.

i'm trying to keep an open mind, whilst being hopeful that this is safe.

So, did you even consult a medical professional? If so, what were the results?

Sure nicotine affects the heart, and it promotes, with constant use, potential pulmonary embolisms and other heart/circulatory problems.

Some people succumb to them easier than others due to heredity, use/overuse, and other habits. Someone who suffers a heart attack from nicotine could very well have built that pulmonary issue years prior with bad eating habits, previous smoking habits, overuse of other similar stimulants. It's a shame that further analysis, if this were the case, would not yield all possible reasons, just the hinges that the propaganda machines need to use to get their point across best.

Without hard data, and without responsible, unbiased research vs current and potential risk factors in every single living being on an individual basis, an absolute answer is impossible.

If you're concerned from having a heart attack from vaping.. stop vaping. The alternative to feeding a habit is feeding it another way.

Stop vaping, potentially pick up smoking (again) and shazaam, you're in the same situation, only worse. Getting *too* attached to vaping may be just as bad for your health as smoking. No one can say with absolute certainty. With the current state of chemical distribution as extenders, prohibitors, preservatives, etc.. there are so few things you can truly do in this life that *won't* potentially kill you in some fashion.

To believe that it's 100% safe is folly. To believe that it's so much more incredibly safe than smoking is absolutely true, and very obvious.

Then again, as we smokers used to say.. sure, and you can walk out your front door and get shot, or hit by a car, or trip and fall down the stairs and break your neck too. Hypocritical by a mile, but true nonetheless.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Never ever should you drink water. I read where a young girl drank too much of the stuff and it killed her.
Same with swimming. A young boy went swimming in the local pool, he ingested too much water and later while at home was not feeling well and he died.
Many people die within 20 miles of home-in car accidents.
A mothers purse is one of the most dangerous things left available to her toddler.
A bathtub with a couple inches of water can kill a toddler. Toilet is included.
An angry parent can completely obliterate an infants mind and even kill the child by shaking them in anger.
Too much Mickey Dees can kill you-may be a slow ugly death.
Alcohol consumption can kill-quickly/slowly-your choice.
Prescription drugs can kill you.
Non-Prescription drugs can kill you.
High-Rise construction work untethered could cause your death. Not because of the work but, because you choose not to tether yourself!
Attempting to be healthy can be deadly.
Not done but, my brain hurts........Hope I don't kill myself from trying to think of all the ways living can kill us.
We start dying the moment we are alive. Live each day to its fullest......Like it is your last day. Do not let anger get in the way of love. Tell your children and your spouse or significant other how much they mean to you. Let no moment get past you, that does not have love and happiness expressed and passed on. Never, never go to sleep or the store or work without saying-I LOVE YOU. I don't care how mad you are. It may be the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread