• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ingredient Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Okay Walrus here's one for you!

While ordering from the LorAnn site and I ordered some "Tart & Sour" fruit flavor enhancer. It is supposed to enhancce fruit flavors or if you add more it will make them sour (yum).

Okay so now I have it, but I'm not sure if I can use it... :?: The ingredients listed are: Citric Acid, Water, Malic Acid, Sodium Citrate. What do you think about vaping these ingredients? Have you tried this product? It just sounds like it could be very tasty. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Throat hit, anyone? I'd stay away from that stuff:

From: 10. Acids and bases, Danish Environmental Protection Agency

Citric Acid:

Inhalation of citric acid aerosols will induce cough. Long-term and repeated inhalation of aerosolized acidic cleaning agents may damage the lungs and give rise to chronical bronchitis.

Malic Acid:

WARNING! CAUSES IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Information on the human health effects from exposure to this substance is limited.

Inhalation:
Inhalation of dust is irritating to the upper respiratory tract.
Ingestion:
Moderately toxic by ingestion based on LD50 data.

Sodium Citrate:

Emergency Overview

--------------------------
CAUTION! MAY CAUSE IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES, AND RESPIRATORY TRACT.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Inhalation of large amounts of dust may cause irritation to the respiratory tract.
Ingestion:
Extremely large oral dosages may produce gastrointestinal disturbances.

MARK4567

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
The other thing to keep in mind is "we" are heating these chemicals. Most long chain chemical bonds break down thermally into totally different chemicals. Think of it this way, sugar turns into caramel when heated to 300* heat it to 600* you have carbon!! The first is great in coffee, the second is great on ice-cream, the third tastes like sh*t!!

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
The other thing to keep in mind is "we" are heating these chemicals. Most long chain chemical bonds break down thermally into totally different chemicals. Think of it this way, sugar turns into caramel when heated to 300* heat it to 600* you have carbon!! The first is great in coffee, the second is great on ice-cream, the third tastes like sh*t!!

Good point! I have actually been trying to cut down on my carbon intake lately too! lol :rolleyes:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Hey, you could keep adding heat and pressure and get diamond! I wonder how that would taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread