Possible VapeWizard/MagicMask ingredients

Status
Not open for further replies.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
So I go to thinking (dangerous I KNOW)... if the vape Wizard - Magic Mask drops are citric acid that balances out the acidic properties of ejuice that is too sour (like the laundry booster that adds oil to remove oil)....

What if I added the Loranns Tart & Sour to some VG? Would that increase the vapor and "fix" the flavor of some juice I didn't like?

I bought the Tart & Sour a while back, thinking it would be something I could possibly use later. The packaging says "Fruit Flavor Enhancer". Use a little to brighten (bring out) the flavor, or use a lot to make sour (say for key lime perphaps?).

Starting with the Vape Wizard..

So I mixed about 1/2 VG with 1/2 T&S. Then I took a fruit flavor I didn't like: Orange Cream. I filled 1/4 dram with Orange Cream, then added four drops of the VG/TS mixture.

MUCH improvement. It has brought out the sweetness of the Orange Cream, and increased the vapor.

Not sure if anyone has tried this yet, but just thought I'd share! I'll let it stew overnight and see how it tastes tomorrow. Might have to play around with the ratios, and the Magic Mask may be PG based, but I think it's possible that it could be one of the ingredients.

From the Flavorart site:
Vape Wizard ( "MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid")

Magic Mask ("Reduce the acid perception without modifying the pH. pH is one of the key factors involved in food stability. In order to reduce the pH, a small amount of organic acid must be added to the food preparation (i.e. citric, malic, tartaric acid). In most cases the addition of food acid is beneficial both for microbiological stability and taste" )

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Good experiment, but I'm not sure from your results if it really improved it, or it's just wishful thinking. If you could try making a test batch without it, vaping it some, then adding the T&S and seeing if it makes a difference, that would be interesting. I don't see how adding T&S would make anything less sour... also the Magic Mask says it doesn't modify pH but the T&S definitely will.

There are a few people who have tried it and posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/64210-loranns-tart-sour-flavor-boost.html

Good luck

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Good experiment, but I'm not sure from your results if it really improved it, or it's just wishful thinking. If you could try making a test batch without it, vaping it some, then adding the T&S and seeing if it makes a difference, that would be interesting. I don't see how adding T&S would make anything less sour... also the Magic Mask says it doesn't modify pH but the T&S definitely will.

There are a few people who have tried it and posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/64210-loranns-tart-sour-flavor-boost.html

Good luck

Thank you Pure!

I did (already) make a test batch with and w/o. Though I should probably make two and do a side by side. I found that it really brought out the orange flavoring in the new batch. But of course, it COULD all be wishful thinking.

As to the PH, I am not a chemist by any means, so if what you say is true, then it could be closer to the ingredients in the Vape Wizard and not the Magic Mask. The VW was what I was aiming for, as I noted it had increased vapor as well. Hence, adding the TS drops to the VG.

It is often said (and what homepathic medicines are based on, vaccines, some cleaners) that if you add a little of the problem ingredient (in this case, too much acid.. add acid) then it "cancels" itself out. As I said, I'm not a chemist, so I don't know the logistics of how it all works, but I have seen it work. I think it has something to do with the atagonist binding to each other, and therefore removing some of the 'problem' ingredient.

Thanks for the link. I had glanced over that thread the other day, but somehow missed the whole thing. Seems they tried a few drops straight (yikes) and thought about continueing to test the stuff out, though not sure if anyone did.

I'm going to try changing the ratio and also testing it on a non-fruit product to see what happens.

Thanks for the encouragement!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread