Innokin™ iTaste Kroma-A 75w TC Starter Kit - Defective Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
I just purchased the above referenced starter kit in December (Re: Order # 291403). I know the battery cannot replaced and believe I read that is has approximately a year's lifespan. But, I have only used it intermittently within the past 6 months, and therefore I believe the battery may have been defective to begin with.

The unit will only turn on if I have it plugged in (it was fully charged before this started). And, if I remove the charger, it automatically turns itself off and won't turn back on again. It is also changing - by itself - from displaying wattage to temperature and I cannot get it to revert back without shutting off the unit, and turning it back on.

I started searching through this particular forum to see if this is a problem others have, but gave up after looking for a while. Is this a common issue with this unit?

Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just purchased the above referenced starter kit in December (Re: Order # 291403). I know the battery cannot replaced and believe I read that is has approximately a year's lifespan. But, I have only used it intermittently within the past 6 months, and therefore I believe the battery may have been defective to begin with.

The unit will only turn on if I have it plugged in (it was fully charged before this started). And, if I remove the charger, it automatically turns itself off and won't turn back on again. It is also changing - by itself - from displaying wattage to temperature and I cannot get it to revert back without shutting off the unit, and turning it back on.

I started searching through this particular forum to see if this is a problem others have, but gave up after looking for a while. Is this a common issue with this unit?

Thanks!
Hi and welcome,
Are you charging with a mains adapter/wall wart or via a laptop/desktop?
If using a wall wart/mains adapter, what are the output specifications?
if using a computer, have you tried a different cable/USB port?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Using an Eleaf adapter for a wall outlet. Input 100-240V/50/60hz 100mA, Output 5.0V/1000mA. I also used this same adapter for my previous Aspire/Zelos kit with no problem.

While the adapter you have seems to be working fine, a new adapter to confirm the issue is with the Kroma is the cheapest first step.
Has the device gotten wet from e liquid or a puddle of condensation or been stored outdoors?
Are you using any accessories; 510 adapter, 510 heat sink, RDA/Dripper with the Kroma?

here's to getting it sorted! :toast:
Best of luck
I

@Innokin_timmy any advice? Thanks

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
While the adapter you have seems to be working fine, a new adapter to confirm the issue is with the Kroma is the cheapest first step.

And, so how do I determine that? Innokin does not bother to offer a specific adapter (well, at least not that I know of).

Are you using any accessories; 510 adapter, 510 heat sink, RDA/Dripper with the Kroma?

Uh, considering I don't even know what you are talking about - I would guess the answer is 'No'. :blink:

• Love
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
And, so how do I determine that? Innokin does not bother to offer a specific adapter (well, at least not that I know of).
No worries
Got Prime? Amazon.com: iClever BoostCube II

Uh, considering I don't even know what you are talking about - I would guess the answer is 'No'. :blink:
No is fine.
Some of the older Kroma-A kits had a recessed tank connection. In order to use a tank larger than supplied an adapter was needed to raise the threading level to the top of the device.
Clipboard.jpg

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread