Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Zazie, did you ever get your JAC Vapour DNA75 or your 510 drip atomizers?

The JAC Vapour left Queens last night. I should get it by . . . Friday, maybe? Looking forward to it.

I've had the atomizers for about a week but discovered I do indeed need a drip shield for them. The language on the Avid Vaper site confused me--I couldn't tell whether I need one or two extra pieces to get it to work with a 510 connection--so I sent a message with some questions. Still haven't heard back, though I wrote on December 8. I'm going to give them a nudge tomorrow.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks, I will look into a different tank. From all that I have heard, a backup is a good thing. So, Innokin kit has been ordered, and now I will look into different tanks that will fit the Aspire Zelos. Both are internal battery mods, but for my level of experience, that is probably OK.

For now, assuming you like the Zenith tank when you get it, I'd suggest another for a few reasons.

One, you have internal battery mods. When they run down there's no swapping batteries in and out. The mod itself is tied up charging. Having a second charged mod ready to go allows you to keep vaping rather than waiting on a charge while you fidget thinking about smoking.

Second, you can use the same coils in both. Stocking different coils for different tanks can be troublesome as you have to keep track of and order different parts. One coil type to stock is simply easier. You'll also have additional replacement parts that can be shared so if there's a problem with one the other is good to go and you have double the replacement parts.

If you're doing this to stop smoking the most important thing is to not have a rundown charge or you ran out of coils. Backups for backups help avoid any bumps that could risk you picking up a cigarette.

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
Just to add my 2 cents to this. The Zenith and kroma-a kit is brilliant. I have a had a Zenith for a while and got the kit for the other half the other day. She absolutely loves it because it is so unbelievably easy to use with zero leakage.

I still use my N2 and when it works it's brilliant. The N2S that is coming out shortly may solve some of the ops problems but equally it may not. Either way I will end up picking one up and will post my opinion here in a few weeks.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
A Zenith tank costs around $25. The Kroma-A kit goes for around $45. That means you're getting what seems to my unpracticed eye a decent little mod for a mere twenty dollars.

If the Kroma-A had an external battery and the wattage could be raised in .1 increments, I'd probably be content with it for a long, long time. As it is, I'm quite happy with it--though I use my Pico 25 for my most-used flavor--and would be thrilled to win the kit with the razzle-dazzle new coil that's on offer in the current Innokin contest here.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Zenith is a nice tank. Just be sure you twist it closed 100% after refill. 99% closed will result in a leak.
Many use them with 3 of the 5 air holes open for satisfactory results. Some said 1 and others 5. I like 3 as well.

Me, I really liked the 1/2 watt incriments and 3 click on/off of the Kroma and was glad they carried it over to their EQ pod system.

The Kroma seems top heavy with a Zenith so be sure and attach the supplied rubber ring. It's actually well balanced it just seems top heavy.

I've switched to pods but prior to that had a bunch of battery mods but preferred the Kroma.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I wouldn't worry about leaking. Just twist it clockwise until it stops, and it's closed.

@United States, I didn't know what to do with that rubber band so it's still in the box. I've never found the setup to be top-heavy, though, so no matter. Besides, wouldn't adding weight to the tank only contribute to the top heaviness? Is the rubber band just meant to guard against breakage in case the thing tips over?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Man, that doesn't sound much different from the way the N2 tank is on my Aspire Zelos. That's kind of a bummer. I was hoping that leakage was less of an issue with the Zenith. Oh well, I guess I will soon find out...
The only time the zenith leaks is when you leave the fill port open. Ive left it open by mistake a couple of times and it has leaked. User error.
Close it. No leaks.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I wouldn't worry about leaking. Just twist it clockwise until it stops, and it's closed.

@United States, I didn't know what to do with that rubber band so it's still in the box.

Also adds style points.
IMG-20180908-154616.jpg

The mention of closing the top all the way is when new the twist action to open/close is a bit resistive for the first few refills so that little extra double check after you think it is closed is warranted.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Yep. And the rubber band won't add any significant weight to the setup.

When my mods fall over, they end up on the flat side. The exposed glass in the tanks is oriented in the opposite direction. The odds that a mod would tip over in such a way that the glass would be threatened aren't good.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've been tempted to get the Kroma as a kit for my second zenith but really loving my Fit. About the same mod but the button on the Fit is awesome for me. Makes for an easy squeeze type fire. My thumb hasn't been loving the last few years, lol. Actually, the first few years using eGo batteries were the hardest.

Reactions: Chajo

Chajo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2018
    Winter Park, FL
    Happy Holidays!! Ordered and received my kit (title), but was apprehensive about trying it and decided to hold off and open it up as my own Christmas present to myself. Sooo… today I set it up and so far this kit is by FAR superior to the Aspire Zelos N2!!!

Easy to assemble, take apart, fill. And, the Vapor is 100x better than the Aspire set up!!!
    But, have to admit, that after using it this afternoon - I just lit up a cigarette...Oh well, only Day 1...

Reactions: Jebbn

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I want to second what baditude said about your problem - what you describe is a tank problem, not a problem with the zelos. I have a zelos which I bought with the nautilus tank. That tank gave me nothing but problems, and I finally just tossed it and stuck the zelos in a drawer. Months later I put a zenith tank on the zelos and the combination was great. In fact, I just bought another zelos & zenith cause the combination is so good. So, ditch that nautilus and consider trying another tank - you need at least one back up. The Kroma should be good according to what I have read around here.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just lit up a cigarette...Oh well, only Day 1...
    Take it from another long time smoker who finally managed to quit. Some people on this site quit almost immediately after picking up vaping. That was NOT my experience. It took me nine months of dual using. But during those nine months, I consistently reduced the number of smokes per day and developed a strong vaping habit. But that was only possible for me once I had found a couple of set ups that worked for me as well as eliquids that I enjoyed vaping. Everyone is on a different path. Looks like you are going the right direction with the kroma. Be sure to get a back up and to keep showing up here at ecf with your questions and for support. This is a really knowledgeable and supportive community.

As they say around here, think about the cigarettes you don't smoke rather than the ones you do.

Reactions: Chajo

Chajo

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2018
    Winter Park, FL
    Thanks! I've been half-heartedly trying to reduce my cigarette smoking for at least a couple of years now - with various 'pens', until I got the Aspire Zelos w/N-2 kit. It was much better than the pens (duh), but once the leaking/lack of vape became an everyday issue, it took me no time at all to abandon it. If I don't find a vape I like, this effort of cutting down cigarettes/quitting will go nowhere.

Sure hope things don't go downhill with the Kroma/Zenith.

• Agree
    Reactions: tgs3
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread