Innokin Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britishwolf

Feb 25, 2016
Hi there, recently purchased a Innokin Cortex. And would just like some clarity on how I should be using it safely. I am using iSub nickel coils for the TC setting at 0.2 ohms using a temperature of 350-400 Fahrenheit and between 30-50 watts. 6mg nicotine juices too.

I did do several hours of research into sub ohm vaping and how to use it safely but most of the discussions seemed to revolve around vapers building their own coils whereas mine is a prebuilt set and for now I do not plan on messing around with other parts. The calculator I used to determine power safety didn't specify clearly whether or not I was being safe.

Basically I just want to be told whether or not I'm using my equipment safely and what I can do to ensure I don't cause myself or others harm due to my own ignorance or carelessness.

Thanks.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The Cortex has a 30a limit. Meaning will not output more than 30a.
It has a .1Ω minimum resistance, meaning it shouldn’t fire a resistance lower than .1Ω.
Both as built in safety features.

I don't know the low battery cut off voltage, the voltage at which it no longer fires & needs recharging.
Assuming 3.2v low voltage cutoff;
30w / 3.2v = 9.35a
50w / 3.2 = 15.62a
80w /3.2v = 25a.
all below the 30a limit.

Britishwolf

Feb 25, 2016
The Cortex has a 30a limit. Meaning will not output more than 30a.
It has a .1Ω minimum resistance, meaning it shouldn’t fire a resistance lower than .1Ω.
Both as built in safety features.

I don't know the low battery cut off voltage, the voltage at which it no longer fires & needs recharging.
Assuming 3.2v low voltage cutoff;
30w / 3.2v = 9.35a
50w / 3.2 = 15.62a
80w /3.2v = 25a.
all below the 30a limit.

So I'm all good then? Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi there, recently purchased a Innokin Cortex. And would just like some clarity on how I should be using it safely. I am using iSub nickel coils for the TC setting at 0.2 ohms using a temperature of 350-400 Fahrenheit and between 30-50 watts. 6mg nicotine juices too.

I did do several hours of research into sub ohm vaping and how to use it safely but most of the discussions seemed to revolve around vapers building their own coils whereas mine is a prebuilt set and for now I do not plan on messing around with other parts. The calculator I used to determine power safety didn't specify clearly whether or not I was being safe.

Basically I just want to be told whether or not I'm using my equipment safely and what I can do to ensure I don't cause myself or others harm due to my own ignorance or carelessness.

Thanks.

Start low and move up gradually.

For 6mg, you might find 15 to 20 watts to be appropriate.

Slick_Vape

Apr 25, 2016
Hello,

I bought the innokin cortex yesterday in the US and it worked perfectly the first day. I have just relocated to Europe and the second I got off the flight, I tried to fire it up and it was dead.

So I tried charging it using the USB on my computer, but unfortunately it showed no signs of life. I got to my hotel and tried again using the wall charger. Now it powers up only when connected to power, but it dies the second I remove the charger. Also when connected, the low voltage (eight flashes of the battery icon) shows up and the Cortex just shuts down. So no vaping even while on charge.

The unit has the solid white light on constantly but the battery doesn't seem to be charging. Since I'm not going to be back in the US for another year, sending it back to get a replacement isn't really an option.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Slick_Vape

Apr 25, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread