Innokin EQ help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyB

Feb 26, 2020
Hi all, I hoping someone out there is able to shed light / help with my innokin eq issue.
Up until an hour ago it has been working fine (the device is roughy 18 months old).
Now, when I push the button to vape from it, it is not firing up yet the light around the button remains lit for over 5 seconds even when you stop pressing it.
Has anyone come across this before and can anyone please, please help?
Thanks in advance.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That sounds just plain broken. 18 months on a pod is pretty good. They’re inexpensive, and have an internal battery so hardly worth the effort to even attempt a repair. I’d just replace it. These inexpensive pod systems aren’t designed to last many years. The battery alone will not hold a charge after a year or so of regular use, and that’s the nature of a Li battery, not a design fault.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
What happens when you plug it in to charge it? Something similar happened to the first one that I had, only when I'd plug it in to charge it, it would never stop charging (or in other words, it wasn't really charging, it just showed that it was). Had to replace it, unfortunately.

To make things worse, I decided to try the EQs in its place. Big mistake in my opinion. The EQ is a way better pocket setup than the EQs. I still have the EQs, but it sits on a shelf to be used only when absolutely necessary.

I really like the EQ. It's simple and it gets the job done, and it's super portable. Hard to argue with that.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Now, when I push the button to vape from it, it is not firing up yet the light around the button remains lit for over 5 seconds even when you stop pressing it.

This is the same behavior my older innokin mods exhibit when there is a short.

Since this is a pod system, can you remove the pod and try another pod? It could be that somehow the pod you are using has a short in it.

If you don't have another pod at the moment, what happens when you take the pod off and fire it without a pod? Does the behavior of the button light change? If it does change, is the new behavior normal for when there is no pod attached? If it is, you can likely deduce that you merely have a faulty pod and that possibly just getting a new pod will be your remedy.

Or it could be the battery is just shot and you need a new setup altogether. But your fist step is to use another pod to rule that out.

Also, try cleaning the contacts on both the pod and the main unit. Could be it just needs a little cleaning even if it looks clean.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi all, I hoping someone out there is able to shed light / help with my Innokin EQ issue.
    Up until an hour ago it has been working fine (the device is roughy 18 months old).
    Has anyone come across this before and can anyone please, please help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Pods can get pricey but worth the cost to wean you off smokes.
    The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
    Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
    Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly (Vaping 101)
    2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
    ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
    Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
    Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
    http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
    Introduction and guide to e-Cig mods
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/x...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread