Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I have the 'GasMods G.R.1' RDA on mine. The GR1's delrin cap is fixed via O-rings, rather than threading. It's nice to be able to pop the cap off with the flip of my wrist if I suspect the cotton may be going dry, or to adjust the cotton to fix sputtering. The GR1 has been great so far.

The Innokin Liftbox has 3 juice flow settings, just above the tank. The juice flow is controlled by a sliding metal collar, which opens 3 holes of successive bore size. I've always kept mine on the largest setting to encourage heavy flow.

You want a vacuum in your RDA and heavy airflow entering the tank to promote juice flow. I keep my RDA holes pretty tight. With this setup, as long as i'm taking a sharp/fast pull at the beginning of every other drag, my cotton is always damp. The GR1 funnels airflow directly over the coil, so even with it's airflow 75% closed, it produces average vapor.

Each cotton change, I experiment with the RDA airflow during the first vape. The Liftbox doesn't demand cotton. It isn't like dripping, where you want to fill the deck with stuffed cotton tails. [there's no need] each time you hit the Liftbox, it saturates the cotton a tiny bit. (not like dripping or squonking, where every 8-10 hits you drown the deck with juice & the cotton holds it till you drip/squonk again) Using too much cotton is only going to pull juice away from the coil, with this juice delivery system.

So this is how i've been rocking it, and really, after that 1st tinker vape, it's "set it and forget it." I play with the RDA airflow if i'm chain vaping on a lunch break but other than that, it's been very convenient.

Oh and remember to tighten down your RDA deck on this particular mod. The juice fill holes are wide open and the cap is literally your RDA.

Last edited:

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I have the 'GasMods G.R.1' RDA on mine. The GR1's delrin cap is fixed via O-rings, rather than threading. It's nice to be able to pop the cap off with the flip of my wrist if I suspect the cotton may be going dry, or to adjust the cotton to fix sputtering. The GR1 has been great so far.

The Innokin Liftbox has 3 juice flow settings, just above the tank. The juice flow is controlled by a sliding metal collar, which opens 3 holes of successive bore size. I've always kept mine on the largest setting to encourage heavy flow.

You want a vacuum in your RDA and heavy airflow entering the tank to promote juice flow. I keep my RDA holes pretty tight. With this setup, as long as i'm taking a sharp/fast pull at the beginning of every other drag, my cotton is always damp. The GR1 funnels airflow directly over the coil, so even with it's airflow 75% closed, it produces average vapor.

Each cotton change, I experiment with the RDA airflow during the first vape. The Liftbox doesn't demand cotton. It isn't like dripping, where you want to fill the deck with stuffed cotton tails. [there's no need] each time you hit the Liftbox, it saturates the cotton a tiny bit. (not like dripping or squonking, where every 8-10 hits you drown the deck with juice & the cotton holds it till you drip/squonk again) Using too much cotton is only going to pull juice away from the coil, with this juice delivery system.

So this is how i've been rocking it, and really, after that 1st tinker vape, it's "set it and forget it." I play with the RDA airflow if i'm chain vaping on a lunch break but other than that, it's been very convenient.

Oh and remember to tighten down your RDA deck on this particular mod. The juice fill holes are wide open and the cap is literally your RDA.
yes ive got a gr1 already..lol... been using it on the lift adapter today for a trial run and its been working ok.. I found the tobinho on one airhole with 810 drip tip was fine and constantly kept my wicks wet.... so will wait till i get the liftbox now for some more experimentation... :)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not doing it, ever, not based on my experiences with the Innoken Lift.

This just looks a lot like a very expensive way to conceal yet express vaping sin. Kind of the vape version of a confessional.....

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT, either thing I mean. Both just not PERSONALLY to my taste and I still love you Innoken! We all have those warty little areas to our personality and whatever.

Anna

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
phooey. the liftbox could whoop a squonk up and down the tracks.
For mouth to lung vaping..restricted draw.. the liftbox beats a squonk... its alot more economical on juice... just needs a bit of patience to set up right and suss it out ...unfortunately alot of vape reviewers dont seem to have patience nowadays and if they cant get it to work straightaway they give it a bad review... not many liftbox reviews on youtube which is a shame.... using mine that cost £15 with a berserker rda and it works and saturates the wick brilliantly....:thumb::thumb:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The problem I see is that it requires you to have an atty in the restricted range to get it to work without dry hits. A guy at a local shop tried to use one for a while because they were not selling, and he was trying to figure it out so he could promote them better. He now recommends them for MTL, but the more airy stuff gives him dry hits frequently.
Looking at the pics of the GR1 on top of it, it seems you run quite a tight draw on it too.

If they could figure out how to get it to work right with less restricted airflow, it would likely catch on a bit better. But since it only works well for a small group of people (those who like restricted airflow and squonk) it isnt likely to catch on very well. Especially since it has been out for a good while now and so little interest has been shown for it so far.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I would agree, it is an extremely convenient restricted airflow lung whopper and if they increased juiceflow on a newer model, I would assume I wouldn't be able to recommend it enough. i do get dry hits when my RDA is airflow is half open, but the GR1 has 2 holes. it's a great mod as it stands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread