Innokin Proton 235W

Proton: Power, Quality, Performance. 6 - 235Watts. Big 1.45' Colour TFT Screen, SideFire Panel, Joystick Control, Intuitive U.I.,Dual 18650
Mod Style
  1. Box Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
This thread is for the general discussion of the Product Innokin Proton 235W.

We will be posting updates about the launch of the Proton as well as development information, sneak-peaks and early info on giveaways.
The development of the Proton engaged a large number of professionals from design to materials, electrical engineers, programmers and more.
The team designed a bright operations screen with information clearly displayed and an intuitive navigation system that is accessed through the 5 point joystick.
Lina and I spearheaded the U.I. Architecture and design and feedback from top reviewers has been very positive and also helped Innokin upgrade the Proton.
Customizing the 1.54" TFT colour screen with a selection of themes is easy and I've been experimenting with the Curve function and find a better delivery. The Proton and Zenith are an amazing kit.
Good luck in the giveaway and check back here for details on the First Edition Proton Giveaway soon. I think we should customize some prizes with the lasers.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Congratulations on the win. Looks like I’ll have to buy one. I haven’t had much luck in any contests lately. Not complaining though. I have been lucky in the past and won a couple things from innokin a few years ago. I’m really looking forward to trying the proton.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Thogh I hope that the joystick wouldn't get caught in my pants / shirt pocket.Thanks for the Kroma. Have a Good Day!!
    I'm one of the winners of the Proton kit (thanks Innokin!), and I can tell you that the "joystick" doesn't stick out any more than a regular button. It's more of a "nub" than a "stick." Like a button, but you can also click it up/down and sideways instead of just pressing "in" (you can press "in" though, too.)

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I'm one of the winners of the Proton kit (thanks Innokin!), and I can tell you that the "joystick" doesn't stick out any more than a regular button. It's more of a "nub" than a "stick." Like a button, but you can also click it up/down and sideways instead of just pressing "in" (you can press "in" though, too.)

You also have to hold it to change anything on the screen or click 3 times to get into settings to change something. I was worried about pocket changing (I hate turning mods off and on every time I take a toot) it but I haven't yet.
    I do have some problems one handing trying to go left/right/up/down without pushing it in sometimes.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    You also have to hold it to change anything
    Yeah that's Innokin for you, I think they all do that. At first it kind of turned me off, but now I think I actually kind of like it. I don't change wattage that often, and I turn devices "off" when I put them in my pocket, so having to hold it before the wattage changes actually means I don't have to "lock" the wattage (which, this one doesn't do anyway, "lock" locks the fire button too and you might as well just turn it off at that point?) to keep from accidentally knocking it off-setting when I pick it up, as I am sometimes wont to do with some of my devices.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Does anybody else have concerns about the joystick? It seems like something that could easily break, especially if you carry your mod around in your pocket. I love the rest of the design, but man, that joystick worries me.
    ^^

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Does anybody else have concerns about the joystick? It seems like something that could easily break, especially if you carry your mod around in your pocket. I love the rest of the design, but man, that joystick worries me.

I can't say that it's not getting pushed in my pocket but it's not changing any settings and it's not snagging to get broken.
    0503181236.jpg

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    I also was a winner fron the contest, imho and without any bias it's my fav mod! I think back on past mods and have not experienced being as pleased with the functionality, ease of use, comfort to hold.... I too was a bit concerned about the joystick b4 it got here but mine is solid!

The only con I can think of is, it uses lots of bat power. I purchased 2 new bats front a large vape shop. I normally would not of gone to but it was the only one open. They said these would do the trick SAMSUNG 30Q 3000MAH 15A. When I got home they had very little charge so I gave them a good boost. I didn't remember buying bats drained like that b4 but it has been awhile since I needed any. I'll just add, the type of vaping I had been doing shouldn't have needed so much power.

@pvarck31 ur gonna loves it!

Vonnie

Reactions: pvarck31

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    SAMSUNG 30Q 3000MAH 15A
    What wattage do you vape at? At 3000mAh capacity those batteries should last for days at low power applications (say, 20w or less),but their low drain (15A amp rating) means they’re not good for high-powered use. At 15A, you shouldn’t use them over 45w per cell (that’s 90w in a dual-cell mod like the Proton). Best case is the battery sag/volt-drop will be so severe that you get a “low battery” warning way early and it will just refuse to fire at higher watts. Worst case could be a lot more “exciting.”

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread