Innokin Proton - Lets Talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Bump for no real reason.. lol. Everyone still happy?

Not overly happy with the rta and dropped base. Very picky between enough wick to feed right and not enough to keep it from seeping around the base or out right pouring. Picky enough that the difference between a new wick and a day old wick is too much.

It could be how they handle TC or the dual coil but not feeding enough means harsh hits. I'm considering getting a different tank. But I guess the flavor is good enough that it's worth the hassle that I haven't try anything else on it.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2016
GTA
I have a complaint! I don't own one yet. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, it's on the "list" much as the Aspire Speeder is still on the "list." So I might get one on clearance. LOL.

In all seriousness, glad you guys are enjoying yours and etc.

Anna

Me too,
I hear ya Anna.
Vonnie
Gotta make up for breaking the last glass for my SMM rta today

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I got a Themis mesh to replace the Scion II that I couldn't get to feed right without wicking it every day. I'm back to thinking the way they handle TC isn't what I expect or it's too touchy for more exotic builds than single coils.
I got the mesh working on another TC mod. Vaped it on other TC mods. It was working on the Proton. Then I took the cap off to flood the coil because I'm thinking I want more feed, burnt-ish hit. I swapped it with the other mod, working fine flooded or not. So far a simple single coil tank is working fine on the Proton in TC.
I think it has to do with the difference PBusardo had in his video between hitting the coil before or after power is applied.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    My Proton finally came today and yes, I am a very happy man.

20180602_143304.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I have to say I flooded the Themis on the other mod and it also gave a burnt-ish hit but otherwise that mod is acting better with the mesh and Proton is acting much better with a single coil.
    I'll revisit the Themis with mesh on the Proton after I get some builds and wicking on it under my belt, I think I want another one.

I need to figure something out with the Scion II. It fits and looks great on my rainbow Battlestar and I love the flavor. I guess the first step would be to rewick it and see how the Battlestar deals with day 2 feeding.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Give her a few days and make sure to let us know how it is going :)
    Vonnie
    I'm really loving the form fit to your hand and the menu is so well laid out and easy to navigate. The mods graphics are perfect with the needed information at hand. I almost forgot about the most important part (how does it vape) it vapes great and temp control using SS 316L works great also.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2015
    New Britain, CONNECTICUT
    Hello everyone! I have an Innokin proton and I love it, don't care for the plexus coil that much I've went through about 45 MLS of liquid so far through it (loaded glazed dounuts) and I still taste the cotton. Also occasionally I've noticed maybe once or twice a day I'll get like a phantom press meaning I press the fire button and nothing happens anyone else have this problem

Attachments

• 20180611_145435.jpg
      20180611_145435.jpg
      719.4 KB · Views: 15

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Hello everyone! I have an Innokin proton and I love it, don't care for the plexus coil that much I've went through about 45 MLS of liquid so far through it (loaded glazed dounuts) and I still taste the cotton. Also occasionally I've noticed maybe once or twice a day I'll get like a phantom press meaning I press the fire button and nothing happens anyone else have this problem

Nothing like that here.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    May 13, 2012
    Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA

I have had the "phantom press" happen maybe twice in the roughly 3 weeks that I've used it.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Also occasionally I've noticed maybe once or twice a day I'll get like a phantom press meaning I press the fire button and nothing happens anyone else have this problem
    I seem to have gotten that a couple times. I suspect it may be that very rarely I will press the fire bar "just so" in such a way that it clicks without actually engaging the button? But I've never been able to replicate it, so I'm not sure. Also one time I clicked, and it continued sizzling after I released the bar. It all happened pretty quick, and I hit the button again and it stopped. "Could" it just have been residual heat and not truly "auto-firing"? I suppose so...again, I haven been unable to replicate the event, so my findings are not very scientific.

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2015
    New Britain, CONNECTICUT
    I seem to have gotten that a couple times. I suspect it may be that very rarely I will press the fire bar "just so" in such a way that it clicks without actually engaging the button? But I've never been able to replicate it, so I'm not sure. Also one time I clicked, and it continued sizzling after I released the bar. It all happened pretty quick, and I hit the button again and it stopped. "Could" it just have been residual heat and not truly "auto-firing"? I suppose so...again, I haven been unable to replicate the event, so my findings are not very scientific.
    Me too same thing I fired it and it didn't stop luckily I change the setting so it cuts off after 5 Seconds but it fired for the full 5 Seconds but I couldn't get it to stop until it stopped at the cutoff kind of ...... me off I just spent $70 on this setup online

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Consider yourself lucky I've talked to a lot of people that this is happened to

Unlucky for me is it seems finicky about more exotic TC builds and Scion II only has a dual deck available.
    With the rebuild deck on the Scion II same clapton I have another Velocity style was a big fail. On day 2 of a wick with a standard wire build it went lacking like the wick wasn't feeding unless I flooded it so much it was leak prone. I'm trying Scion II on another mod to see if it's the mod or the tank but haven't got to day 2 yet.
    With Themis mesh (I got sold on because of the above leaking) it would go lacking, I'd flood it and it would burn.
    It was my first wick with Themis and it did burn on another mod when flooded so it might have been me but Proton is working fine with TC on a standard single wire tank. And now that I have the tanks switched around and away from Proton running hot and cold my temperature settings on everything are creeping back up to what they were before I got the Proton including with the Scion II.
    I'm guessing the finickiness is somewhere in what Pbusardo noticed in his video in TC, a difference in how it fires depending on if it was hit before or after pressing the fire button.

But so far if mine clicks it fires no matter where I press it.

Maybe you all haven't lubricated your button with enough liquid:lol: I've had so much liquid all over the Proton trying to get the Scion II/Scion RTA to work right in TC I thought I was going to kill it.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Have new wick in the Themis working great on Cylon with TCR set to .00088 (what steam engine tells me to use, everything is hot in SS mode with the mesh).
    Single coil working fine on Proton.
    Swap Themis to Proton, put it in same TCR, same temperature. Woo boy, burnt hit.

I'm calling it. Proton does not like exotic builds in TC.

I'm only through half a tank on the Scion II with a fresh wick on the Battlestar since I have other new crap taking my focus so I can't be sure it won't run into the same problems as the wick gets used (dual coil velocity deck works fine on dripbox 160 in TC to gunked beyond belief, and it does claptons in TC). But it's not leaking and it's hitting with great flavor and clouds without getting harsh so far. Matching rainbow tank on the solid rainbow mod looks great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread