Innokin Proton - Lets Talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Do y'all think this mod will be reliable over the long haul?
Hard to say long haul this new. I thought my Cylon would be a long hauler but here I am one of the lucky ones having a hardware problem.
I'm not one of the ones with a button issue and I don't generally have mods fail, but I've dropped mine once and had a lot of liquid in every crevice. It's still working fine.
I think it will probably look rough after a while. If what's going to get scratched and beaten up is not plastic it's paint.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I find Innoken pretty reliable myself. All products I've purchased have been pretty great (and I was gifted an older Innoken 20 watt mod, I really liked it (internal battery and I don't know when it was used, how much it was used) but it was pretty great. Etc.

I don't expect painted or surfaced mods (heck, even SS for ME) to never get a scratch or scruff. I'm okay with it, I drop my mods and well, I drop my mods.

I just decided any dings "add character." Not the hugest fan of wraps (other than my steampunk a silicone one, for the battery door issue). Etc.

Anna

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I have owned many Innokin products, and they have all been very reliable.

I find Innoken pretty reliable myself. All products I've purchased have been pretty great (and I was gifted an older Innoken 20 watt mod, I really liked it (internal battery and I don't know when it was used, how much it was used) but it was pretty great. Etc.

I don't expect painted or surfaced mods (heck, even SS for ME) to never get a scratch or scruff. I'm okay with it, I drop my mods and well, I drop my mods.

I just decided any dings "add character." Not the hugest fan of wraps (other than my steampunk a silicone one, for the battery door issue). Etc.

Anna
Yeah they were reliable back when i got my very first mod the MVP 2 but i have not bought a product from them sense then but all that plastic makes me nervous

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Yeah they were reliable back when i got my very first mod the MVP 2 but i have not bought a product from them sense then but all that plastic makes me nervous

I think it would take a pretty specific drop onto a corner of an object to actually break the plastic.
I don't know how they're held on there to guess if they'll ever pop off.
The back panel should hide scratches well. The front panel doesn't. Mine is pretty well scratched and scuffed just going in and out of my pocket (with a snap).
The paint is paint, the sharp edges are going to wear (I'm already seeing that).

You asked a very generic "long haul" on a fairly new mod. Mine functions (after a drop) but I can't really predict function until I've had something for many months. Looks are easier to predict. If looks aren't part of your "long haul" I have no reason to think it wouldn't work for a long time.
If looks are part of your "long haul" you probably want an all stainless mod in your corral. They look like new for a long time.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
T
I think it would take a pretty specific drop onto a corner of an object to actually break the plastic.
I don't know how they're held on there to guess if they'll ever pop off.
The back panel should hide scratches well. The front panel doesn't. Mine is pretty well scratched and scuffed just going in and out of my pocket (with a snap).
The paint is paint, the sharp edges are going to wear (I'm already seeing that).

You asked a very generic "long haul" on a fairly new mod. Mine functions (after a drop) but I can't really predict function until I've had something for many months. Looks are easier to predict. If looks aren't part of your "long haul" I have no reason to think it wouldn't work for a long time.
If looks are part of your "long haul" you probably want an all stainless mod in your corral. They look like new for a long time.
Thank you for the post it helped me alot

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Almost through the 2nd tank with Inawera Chocolate Cream in the ingredients (very dark coil killer looking flavor). The dry burned wiped clean coils are shiny black, the wicks are black.
No problem with TC and the Scion II/Scion dual coil RTA on the Battlestar. No leaking or any seepage from the base.

My focus as been on Aegis Legend and Themis mesh tanks but whenever I've picked up the Proton/TFV4 with a single vertical SS coil there hasn't been any TC problems.

I think they need to make a single coil RTA for the Scion II.

Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
The Scion II is quite gunked and going fine on the Battlestar in TC.

I just got a Zeus dual with a single coil build on the Proton and so far none of the quick problems I had with the clapton dual TC build on Scion II or Themis mesh TC. I imagine how well used the TFV4 single coil TC build was I had working on the Proton there won't be any problems with the Zeus.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been looking at and reading about the Innokin Proton for a while now. I'll have to admit that the display is what attracted me in the first place. I like color displays that are readable and offer the info I want at a glance.

Size is important for pocket carry. This is similar to the size of my dual 18650 Eleaf Invoke and has similar properties. I vape at 10W and like long battery life with dual 18650's. I would have liked the Proton better with 20700s or something a little higher in MAH, but size is equally important, so the way it's configured is good for me. I'll use LG HG2, Samsung 30Q, and Sony VTC5's.

Before I found this thread I ordered the Innokin Proton from MyVaporStore. It should be here by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I've been looking at and reading about the Innokin Proton for a while now. I'll have to admit that the display is what attracted me in the first place. I like color displays that are readable and offer the info I want at a glance.

Size is important for pocket carry. This is similar to the size of my dual 18650 Eleaf Invoke and has similar properties. I vape at 10W and like long battery life with dual 18650's. I would have like the Proton better with 20700s or something a little higher in MAH, but size is equally important, so the way it's configured is good for me. I'll use LG HG2, Samsung 30Q, and Sony VTC5's.

Before I found this thread I ordered the Innokin Proton from MyVaporStore. It should be here by the end of the week.

It's very small for a dual. And battery life is impressive for me.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It's battery life is very impressive for sure. I keep checking it and it never goes down much. :)

I didn't realize just how small it was until I compared it to an IPV D2. That mod was tiny when it came out, and only a single battery.
0704181112a.jpg

I'm glad TC is working right with my Zeus (it's had enough refills to be messing up if it was going to) so I can use it more again.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm still vaping in power mode lately. TC is a neat feature for people who push the limits in wattage and want to ensure temperature safety, but power mode works fine for me at wattages well under 15W and I don't worry much about about going over the safe limit. With a clean coil and wick at 10W to 12W I hit about 380F against a 420F TC limit setting when I use it to check temps. On those occasions where I run my Rayon wick close to the dry point it's just a yuck moment in the vape that sends me toward the juice bottle for a refill. The rayon survives for another round.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I'm still vaping in power mode lately. TC is a neat feature for people who push the limits in wattage and want to ensure temperature safety, but power mode works fine for me at wattages well under 15W and I don't worry much about about going over the safe limit. With a clean coil and wick at 10W to 12W I hit about 380F against a 420F TC limit setting when I use it to check temps. On those occasions where I run my Rayon wick close to the dry point it's just a yuck moment in the vape that sends me toward the juice bottle for a refill. The rayon survives for another round.

I would be low watts. My problem is burnt hits because I'm not consistent with puffs. I don't want to be consistent. If I want to puff slow or hard that's what I want.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I would be low watts. My problem is burnt hits because I'm not consistent with puffs. I don't want to be consistent. If I want to puff slow or hard that's what I want.

Me, too. Sometimes, I slip stream and inhale DTL and other times I toke it like a cigarette in MTL mode. At 10W in power mode I can do both and it's just like inhaling from a cigarette (I haven't had one of those or wanted one since early 2010).

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Trying a single staggered fused clapton in TC in the Zeus dual/Proton. So far so good, I'm way further along than I got with dual claptons which was instantly wrong. I've got this wicked and vaping.
Temperature is low but that's understandable with the mass and new coil. At least it's fairly consistent puff to puff.

Reactions: bigbob2322
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread