Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello once again and welcome to another vape review, todays review is on the 2nd generation of the Sceptre device from Innokin called the Sceptre 2 that has some really nice features on it. First off there is no display screen keeping things simple with 2 power modes one of which is a boost mode. There is also a airflow control that works to give a tight MTL to a RDL vape using a effortless airflow adjustment sliding switch. There is no need to worry about changing external batteries because the Sceptre 2 has a built in internal 1400MaH battery. I said the Sceptre 2 was effortless and that carries along to the choice of using the auto-draw or a traditional button activated vape. This Jem is even pretty compact in size not taking up much real estate in a pocket or handbag, so without any further delay lets check out the new Sceptre 2 from Innokin.

1663702017250.png

COLOR CHOICES

1663702102899.png

1663702517800.png

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Sceptre 2 Pod System

* 1pc 0.5ohm S Coil

* 1pc 0.6ohm S Coil

* 1pc Type-C Cable

* 1pc Quick Start Guide

* 1pc Warning Booklet

20220918_130609.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

1663703145703.png

FEATURES

* Battery: Internal 1400mAh

* Normal Mode

* Boost Mode

* Intelligent Coil Identification

* Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction

* Intuitive Firing Button

* LED Indicator Lights

* Pod Capacity: 3ml

* Fill System: Side - Silicone Stoppered

* Coil Series: Innokin S Coils

* Threaded Coil Base

* Magnetic Pod Connection

* Charging: Type-C Port

1663703350648.png

COMPACT SIZE WITH LASTING POWER

1663703430197.png

TWO POWER SETTINGS ( REGUAR OR BOOST )

1663703481813.png

EASY COIL REPLACEMENT ( Save The Bottom Screw On Gold Airflow Adjuster ) ( It's Reusable )

1663703935737.png

AUTO-DRAW OR MANUAL BUTTON PRESS ( Your Choice )

1663704099737.png

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    IMPROVED AIRFLOW

1663783050449.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I find the looks of the 2 that were sent to me to be very attractive, being a bit more compact than the original make it even more pocketable. branding being kept to a minimum while being tasteful without a large name or logo.

The button if you choose to use it is located in a very good spot away from the airflow inlet on the side of the device. The diagonal lines on the top portion give a nice mix with the solid colored bottom portion of the device. The back, sides and bottom are of a solid color with silver being showcased on the Purple one and Black being showcased on the red one, the color mix works well.

20220918_161530.jpg

20220918_151740.jpg

The Pods attach to the device using magnets as most Pods do but the 4 magnets on this Pod are probably the strongest that I've tested so far among the countless Pod Systems I've reviewed. On one side of the Pod located at the bottom and unseen once installed into the Sceptre 2 is the Innokin name while the other side the Sceptre 2 name is in the same position. In the picture below the 4 magnets on the outer portion inside the Pod are shown with the 2 coil contacts in the center.

20220918_140239.jpg

We all know how much Innokin cares about the safety of their products so because the Sceptre 2 has a fire button Innokin placed a Yellow safety sticker on the bottom of the coil installed in each Pod in case of a accidental firing of the device even though it ships powered off. This Yellow safety sticker must be removed in order for the device to operate. When it's time for a new coil don't forget to unscrew the Gold bottom airflow cap from the old coil to use on the new one.

20220918_133446.jpg

Filling the Pod is done as most Pods are by pulling up on a rubber silicone plug on the side of the Pod, there is a arrow on the rubber silicone plug that points in the direction you DON'T WANT TO PULL UP.

Pull up from the bottom or else you will pull the entire plug out and it's not a easy process to reinsert the little end of the plug, I made this mistake and it took at least 20min getting it back in.

The fill port is plenty large and will fit any sized bottle tip or glass dripper tip, the 3ml capacity last without having to constantly keep a eye on the Pod.

20220918_160233.jpg

Charging the Sceptre 2 is done with a Type-C port and is located on the side of the device almost in the center giving it stability from falling over or having to be laid down when charging. On the front of the device is where the Fire/Power button is located in the center of a Silver band.

On each side of the button are LED lights that can only be seen when vaping using either the manual button or when using the Auto-Draw.

The light on the right is the battery strength indicator while the light on the left is the power setting ( Normal Power - Blue ) and ( Power Boost -Purple ). To change power settings simply press the button 2 times quickly.

The battery strength indicator is done using colors to show how much power is in the battery.

BATTERY STRENGTH COLORS

GREEN - ( 100-30% )

YELLOW - ( 30-10% )

RED - ( 10% And Under )

20220918_150629.jpg

20220918_153105.jpg

The Sceptre 2 has fully adjustable airflow via a sliding switch that works very well to give a very nice RDL vape fully opened or it can be tailored to a very tight MTL vape either way it works very well and the Auto-Draw works very well also, one of the best from many I've reviewed.

Raising the slider up opens more air to be channeled in while closed it downward tightens the draw. Using the Sceptre 2 for a RDL or MTL vape a buzzing sound is heard because of the Pulse Width Modulation - ( PWM ) that's used in the device, it has been improved but can be annoying at times.

20220918_144816.jpg

PROS

* Attractive

* Very Good Flavor

* 1400MaH Internal Battery

* 2 Power Levels

* Fully Adjustable Airflow

* Compact Size And Fairly Lightweight

* 3ML Pod Capacity

* Vape While Charging

* Very Strong Magnets

* Great Auto-Draw

* Comfortable Mouthpiece

* 0.5Ω And 0.6Ω Coil Included

CONS

* Buzzing When Vaped

* Fill Port Arrow Should Point In The Opposite Direction

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

I have to say that I am really enjoying the vape from the Sceptre 2 mainly using it in a MTL vape with the auto-draw. I really don't have a favorite coil between the ones supplied, both are very tasty and produce plenty of vapor.

I think that Innokin did a nice job in the looks department breaking up patterns as well as colors blending all of them for a attractive appearance. Hand fit is good and though it's not weighty it has just enough to have a feeling of quality to it.

Not everything is good because of the ( PWM ) the buzzing sound you hear when vaping can get annoying sometimes, I've actually became used to it during the long testing time using it that I've become accustomed to it.

I feel that the Innokin Sceptre 2 is a winner because of the flavorful vape it produces in spite of the buzz. I would like to thank Nicole and Innokin for sending the 2 gorgeous Sceptre's for the purpose of my review of them and I hope my review answered all your questions on the Sceptre 2.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread