Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at innokin Scepter 2 Pod mod. I will examine in this Test each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod mod; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Eight different colors of choice
    • Light weight and compact size
    • 1,400mAh battery for great autonomy
    • Double notification LED
    • Double activation mode, manual or automatic
    • Two selectable power modes
    • Side refill
    • Precise lateral airflow adjustment (MTL and RDL) without removing the cartridge
    • Type-C charging port
    • Compatible with 0.5Ω and 0.6Ω S-Coils

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 2.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Packaging:
    Innokin continues to be attentive to environmental issues and therefore continues to use recyclable materials for its packaging. On the front of the box is an image of the device along with a list of key features. On the back of the box you will find; the packing-list, Q-R Code, Scratch & Ceck and the manufacturer's contact information.

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 3.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Packing List:
    • 1 Scepter 2 Pod Kit 1,400mAh
    • 1 pre-installed 0.6Ω S-Coils Range 12-13.5W
    • 1 reserve 0.5Ω S-Coils Range 18-20W
    • 1 Usb Type-C cable for charging
    • 1 Warning card
    • 1 user manual

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 4.jpg

I very much appreciated the fact that Innokin sent me a spare cartridge including 0.5Ω S-Coil to conduct my test in the best possible way. Thanks!

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 5.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 104.3x27.93x17.62mm
    • Materials: Zinc alloy + PCTG
    • Double activation mode: Via Fire key or automatic
    • Two selectable power modes: Normal and High
    • Double notification LED
    • Airflow: Side adjustable
    • Refil: Side
    • Cartridge capacity: 3ml (Standard) 2ml (TPD)
    • Battery: Integrated 1,400mAh
    • Charging port: Type-C
    • Charging current: 5V / 800mAh
    • Compatible with 0.5Ω and 0.6Ω S-Coils

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 6.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Available colours:
    • Pink
    • Purple
    • Grey
    • Blue
    • White
    • Black
    • Rainforest
    • Red

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 7.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Product introduction:
    For this test I received the TPD version kit in black which I really like, but I must say that all eight colors are pleasant with solid colors for a sober and professional look. Scepter 2 is an evolution of Innokin's famous original Scepter. Numerous changes have been made on scepter 2 to make the Vaping experience more enjoyable and performing. In Scepter 2 the same capacity of the internal battery (1,400mAh) has been maintained but with greater autonomy and more compact dimensions. The air flow control is of the lateral type with a very comfortable and effective sliding door. The refill is also of the lateral type, and it is not necessary to extract the cartridge to fill with e-liquid. You can vary the power through two different settings (high power or normal power). Furthermore, Scepter 2 is compatible with two different S-Coils of 0.5 and 0.6Ω for a restricted MTL and RDL restricted Vaping. The Coils take advantage of the quick coupling system into the pod (Push to fit). Another excellent and recent Innokin device shares the same S-Coils with Scepter 2, it is Scepter Tube. Here you can read my recent review: LINK

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 8.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; how it is made:
    Classic form factor and compact size for excellent ergonomics without neglecting the aesthetic side and finishes that are beautiful and refined. The body construction material of the Mod is made of solid zinc alloy. The front panel has a "carbon" style finish above the Fire key. Under the Fire button the body is painted in glossy black and at the bottom you find the inscription "Scepter 2" in Silver. To divide the carbon decoration from the black / glossy paint there is a diagonal bar in silver color with the Fire button in the center with two notification LEDs on its sides. The Fire Button is not protruding, but it is quite detectable by touch. The rear panel is painted black / matt and bears the word "Innokin" at the bottom. Below you can read the operating guide regarding the Fire button and the notification LED:

• Power On / Off: 3 quick clicks on the Fire button
    • Power Adjustment: 2 quick clicks on the Fire button to set high (Purple Light) or Medium (Blue Light) power

•• During Vaping, the LED light positioned to the left of the Fire button provides information as follows:
    • Purple light: The selected power level is high
    • Blue light: The selected power level is normal

•• During Vaping, the LED light positioned to the right of the Fire button provides information as follows:
    • Red light: The battery charge level is 10% or less
    • Orange light: The battery charge level is between 10 and 30%
    • Green light: The battery charge level is between 30 and 100%

•• During charging, the LED light positioned to the right of the Fire button provides information as follows:
    • Red light: The battery charge level is below 90%
    • Green light: The battery charge level is above 90%
    • White light: The battery charge level is 100% completed and the Mod turns off for safety.

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 9.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Air Flow Control:
    On the side profile of the Mod you will find the 5V / 800mAh Type-C charging port. On the other side there is the adjustable air flow system which is applied directly on the cartridge. Innokin has cleverly created an opening on the upper side profile of the Mod to allow the adjustment of the air flow from the outside via a sliding button and without removing the cartridge from the Mod. Great! The "inverted pear" design allows you to adjust small amounts of air by lowering the sliding button (MTL) while raising the sliding button completely, the air flow that is obtained is of the RDL type.

Innokin Sceptre 2 Starter Kit 10.jpg

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-11.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Compartment / pod and lower base:
    The Compartment / Pod is shaped to keep the airflow adjustable to the outside, so there is no need to remove the cartridge to adjust it. The charging port, on the other hand, is kept hidden inside the compartment. On the bottom of the compartment there are 2 electrical contact pins, 4 small but powerful magnets, and the sensor for the automatic activation of the puffs.

Scepter 2 has a good base and stands up well even when charging. On the bottom, in addition to legal trademarks and logos, there are indications regarding the characteristics of the internal battery.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-12.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Cartridge:
    This 2ml cartridge (TPD) is made of dark PCTG and has some white lettering. A cartridge with an increased e-liquid capacity up to 3ml is supplied together with the Standard version of Scepter 2.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-13.jpg

The adjustment of the airflow is integrated in the cartridge and as you can see from the image below, there is a cursor button that when raised allows a greater passage of air in tune with the Vaping Mode RDL, by lowering the button you can adjust an increasingly narrow air passage, up to total closure, compliant with the Vaping Mode MTL. The great thing is that you can adjust the air flow at any time and without removing the cartridge from the Mod. By extracting the cartridge you can refill e-liquid through a silicone cap, the side filling hole is generously sized.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-14.jpg

In the image below you can admire the beautiful anatomical shape of the spout which is quite small and quite different from the usual flattened and wide shapes that are present on competing cartridges. Once the cartridge is placed in the mod, only the nozzle remains visible, but do not worry, to check that the e-liquid is present inside the cartridge there is no need to extract it, just flip the device and through the Drip Tip you will see if the e-liquid is present inside. On the bottom of the cartridge there are 4 magnets mirroring those present in the compartment.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-15.jpg

To work, the S-coils need the threaded adapter visible in the images below, this adapter is included in the kit and every time you replace a coil you will have to unscrew the adapter from the old coil and screw it into the new coil. The coil + adapter complex must be inserted from the bottom inside the cartridge and with a slight pressure.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-16.jpg

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-17.jpg

► Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod; Vape Test & Final conclusions:
    I was sent the TPD (2ml) version of Scepter 2 which is great, but I remind you that there is the standard version with 3ml cartridge for greater vaping autonomy. For my Vaping test I used "Colonel Custard" e-liquid with 3mg / ml of nic and 50/50 VG-PG. After inserting a few drops of e-liquid inside the coils through the respective chimneys, I installed the coils in their cartridges, I filled both cartridges and I waited about 10 minutes before starting to vape to allow the cotton to absorb well.

• S-Coils 0.5Ω Range 18-20W:
    From the very first Puff the flavor was quite faithful and clean with a high vapor production, more than I expected from such a small Coil, but it's no wonder that Innokin's S-Coils are a great choice , at the height of those found on the best tanks with prefabricated coils. With the airflow fully open and with the power boost (Purple Light) the resistance offers interesting performance in RDL. By closing the air flow, a precise and draft-free regulation is obtained, with a decisive increase in Hit even with a low concentration of boost in the liquid. However, if you close the airflow too much it is not advantageous with this coil because the steam tends to heat up too much. To express itself at its best and to function well, it needs a consistent airflow to match this relatively high power of 18- 20W. So with about 50% of AFC opening you get an open, strong and gritty MTL vape, characterized by a marked increase in heat, accompanied by a very good flavor that is in line with the best characteristics of the e- liquid that you will use.

• S-Coils 0.6Ω Range 12-13.5W:
    This resistor is the one you find installed by default in the cartridge. I immediately selected the lower of the two available power options (Blue light) which corresponds to 12W of power, compatibly with the battery charge level. With the airflow completely open, the amount of vapor emitted is slightly less than the previous coil and the flavor is not very concentrated. By closing the AFC to 50% there is a noticeable improvement in the quality of the aroma and also in the hit in the throat. This coil also willingly accepts the total closure of the AFC and returns a very narrow Puff MTL but which nevertheless remains fluid and without spitting phenomena. Heat is always acceptable even with maximum airflow restriction. Really good this coil for MTL.

At the end of the test, I found no problems. There are no differences between automatic shooting and manual shooting, they both respond quickly. The Puff is sufficiently quiet, with every degree of AFC opening. The formation of condensation is practically zero, after an interminable series of chain vaping with both coils it has never accumulated. There are no spitting phenomena even after a few days of using both coils. The 1,400mAh battery seems to have an excellent charge range and manages the power curve well even when the battery is almost empty. While charging, you can use the Pass trough function. A full charge cycle takes approximately 120 minutes.

Scepter 2 is a new Pod-Mod project from Innokin with great replaceable coils, there are some interesting features that really make a difference compared to other budget kits. So if you are thinking of treating yourself to a new entry-level Vaping System for MTL and RDL I recommend that you seriously consider purchasing the Scepter 2 Pod Mod.

I would like to thank Timmy and Innokin for providing me with the kit. I hope this review was useful for anyone looking to buy the Innokin Scepter 2 Pod Mod.

Thanks for reading.

Innokin-Sceptre-2-Starter-Kit-18.jpg

HyDrOpOnIc1987

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2021
    I would like to thank you both for appreciating.
    Of course! Us reviewers have to stick together! Lol :)

Always enjoy the reviews that you, @hittman, @Javichu and @dreamvaper all write. Whenever I get stuck on one of mine, i go and look at older reviews for other devices that any of you guys wrote, and it helps get me back on track. Plus, I've gotten a couple devices due to your guys' (and gal) reviews when I first joined the forum :) so, i guess the system works!

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Of course! Us reviewers have to stick together! Lol :)

Always enjoy the reviews that you, @hittman, @Javichu and @dreamvaper all write. Whenever I get stuck on one of mine, i go and look at older reviews for other devices that any of you guys wrote, and it helps get me back on track. Plus, I've gotten a couple devices due to your guys' (and gal) reviews when I first joined the forum :) so, i guess the system works!
    I agree with you.

Reactions: hittman

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    In terms of flavor, this one's a keeper. I just reached the end of life of the initial coil which seems unusually premature for an Innokin coil, so we'll have to see if I can choke this one back to life or if I'll have to move onto a new coil. Solid vape though, thus far.

Great review as always Frenk!

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread