Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today a very short review on the revised version of the Innokin Sceptre. Reason it is short is because I am only going over the changes compared to the original Sceptre. I have reviewed the original Sceptre before> Innokin Sceptre kit review

Differences with original Sceptre are:
1. Tighter MTL airflow
2. New color/material options (carbon fiber)
3. New improved coils.

If it is about the functionality of the device and the specifications it is entirely the same on both. I enjoyed the original Sceptre, but for me the MTL draw was a bit too loose. The revised Sceptre comes with a special MTL-pod, which can be identified by its orange base and 'MTL' written on the base.

So how is the new pod? It is legit MTL, you can get a really nice and tight draw on this pod now, fully closed is exactly like my sweetspot. It is not extremly tight, but very tight. Even entirely open it is tighter than the original Sceptre set to its tightest. Very good improvement for those MTL-vapers out there looking for a proper, high battery capacity pod.

I found one more change on the pod. Before liquid would flow through the space under the mouthpiece, but on this MTL-pod that area is sealed off. This means the capacity went down to 2ML, which for these super-tiny MTL coils is fine.

Liked the looks of the original Sceptre a lot, but the new Carbon fiber versions I received are even more gorgeous, especially the black one. It is real carbob-fiber for those wondering.

One thing that improved on the device as well, but is not generally mentioned, is the fire-button. On the original one it was quite loose and was rattling quite a bit. On these new Carbon-fiber ones the fire-button sits tight and does not rattle at all.

New MTL coils, and not just your regular coils, but made with Seaweed Fibre cotton. First time I hear of Seaweed Fibre being used in coils, and no the cotton material is not green like nori. Original coils were round-wire and these new coils are mesh rated at 0.65ohm.

Very clearly these new coils beat the old coils. Flavor is very good for a MTL-pod. No issues with gurgling or leaking, just very good coils.

Conclusion:

Innokin is unique in the way that they always kind of admit their 'mistakes' by releasing improved versions. They listen to the customers and with that feedback they make improvements, just like with the Ares II.

After these Sceptre improvements this is my favorite MTL-pod from now on. Main reasons are:
- impressive 1400mAh battery
- very good flavor
- ability to get a tight draw
- ability to use old pods for a nice RDL
- portable and light-weight
- Auto draw and button activation

If there is anything I would still change it would be USB-C, it simply charges faster than micro USB.

Great job Innokin for listening and creating another fantastic MTL-pod. My favorite MTL pod-mod is the Kroma Z and my favorite MTL-pod is from now on the Sceptre.

Special thanks to @Innokin_timmy for sending me these pods.

Take good care all,
Sjoerd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread