Innokin Z coils issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I have an Innokin Kroma Z and love it. Even got a few extra pods (comes with 0.8 and 0.3 ohm coils... like them both) Anyway... used the provided coils (0.8 defaults to 16 watts, 0.3 to 30 watts) Got some extra 5 packs of the 0.8 coils (authentic... I checked) First three coils (out of a 5 pack) worked fine (showed around 0.8 ohms and mod defaults to correct 16 watts. Coil number four read 1.01 ohms and mod went to 10 watts. I wondered if a 1.2 ohm coil got put in the pack by mistake. Removed it, wiped it off and it is a 0.8. It alsi didn't produce much vapor at 10 watts (no surprise) Didn't try increasing watts... just replace it with coil number five. Same thing... 1.01 ohms, 10 watts. What are the odds of two defective coils reading the exact same resistance??? I soaked number four coil in ethyl alcohol and let it dry. Just got a Zlide tank so going to put that coil in it and see what my other mods read for ohms. This doesn't make sense. Will update results soon (making sure the coil is totally dry)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Update: put coil number four in the Zlide tank. My mod reads 0.83 ohms (what it should be) so it's an issue with connection (coil to pod or pod to mod) My other pod has a 0.3 coil in it and works fine on the Kroma Z (which is very clean... I'm OCD about that) When I clean tanks/pods, I don't use soap (just hot water) have never had issues because of that but next time I will also use some alcohol on contact areas. Pod is full of juice so will go ahead and increase the watts and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread