Inroducing at GotVapes - The Exciting NEW SLB eGo-V True Variable Voltage Pass Through eGo 3.0-6.0v with LCD Screen in BLACK, STAINLESS & Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

ditchell

Apr 16, 2012
Birmingham
I had the same problem and opened the ticket- they told me to glue it back on.

Not really thrilled with that answer, but hey, whatever.

Overall I'd say this is a decent device. I have a 1000 Twist that seems to get more than double the life of this 650, despite being at the same voltage. But since it's passthrough it spends most of its life sitting by my computer anyways.

I got my eGo-V less than a week ago. I really love the charging and variable voltage features, and am mostly pleased. Though after the 3rd day of use, the silver end cap fell off spontaneously, while i was vaping. It had never been dropped or even taken anywhere from my desk... View attachment 149286

I used scotch tape to tape it back on, but I would have thought the eGo-V would have lasted longer than just a few days. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad unit?

I just picked one of these up and it works great. Even though the OP says "No puff count nonsense or other useless features on its PCB board. You simply press the two + or - buttons and it changes the voltage." Mine most definitely has a counter that counts every time I press the power button, not to mention the LCD comes on every time I hit it.

Is there some setting available somewhere that will let me turn this feature off? Actually, after looking at the gotvapes site, it says in the product description:

New Features as of December 2012: Bigger Bolder LCD Display, Puff Counter Added, Now auto-shutoff doesn't occur until button has been pressed for 10 seconds.

Either way, this thing is awesome, especially coupled with the Splitfire.

Last edited:

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I also received one today, the EGo V, the same as you guys the end cap fell from in the first half hour of handling it and that's not all. It's my first VV battery and seems nice. I never got the recharge it yet because on the USB cable that it came with, the connector that normally goes in the battery is filled with plastic and it's not just a piece of plastic that you can take out with a pin or something sharp, it is solid plastic filled into that connector.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't mention mine was not bought from GotVapes. Just wanted to share my experience with it. Thank's rdsok.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I also received one today, the EGo V, the same as you guys the end cap fell from in the first half hour of handling it and that's not all. It's my first VV battery and seems nice. I never got the recharge it yet because on the USB cable that it came with, the connector that normally goes in the battery is filled with plastic and it's not just a piece of plastic that you can take out with a pin or something sharp, it is solid plastic filled into that connector.

If you got it from GotVapes... make a ticket with them on the issue, they will help you on the issue... if not, then this really isn't the place for your post, you should be contacting the vendor you purchased it from so they have a chance to help you out

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
slbegov.png

slbegov_1.png

slbegov_2.png

slbegov_3.png

slbegov_4.png

SLB eGo-V True VV Pass Through eGo 3.0-6.0v w/ LCD Screen
$29.95

Introducing an exciting new product at GotVapes - The SLB eGo-V True Variable Voltage 650mah eGo! We have the eGo-V at GotVapes in all three available colors: BLACK, GRAY & SILVER.

The SLB eGo-V is one of the first true variable voltage eGos and is adjustable from 3.0-6.0v in .1 increments. It features a blue LCD screen that shows not only the voltage but your remaining battery life.

The eGo-V by SLB provides a mini-USB port at the bottom and can be used as a pass-through meaning you can vape at your computer while the unit charges. It is recommended to have at least 1.5amps availble when charging for consistent performance.

Chris & I tested this before ordering for GotVapes and we both were very impressed with its performance through the range of voltages in both its simplicity of use, accuracy and battery life:
  • Even though it is only 650mah it seemed to provide a good strong battery life.
  • No puff count nonsense or other useless features on its PCB board. You simply press the two + or - buttons and it changes the voltage.
  • Once you reach the higher or lower ends of the voltage range it simply cycles around either way (for example - pushing down at 3.0 takes you to 6.0, pushing up at 6.0 takes you to 3.0).
  • Also features a voltage lock-down whereby if you press both buttons at once it locks the voltage so as not to change it accidentally. To unlock it you would simply press both buttons again.

Let's review the SLB eGo-V features:
  • 3.0v-6.0v Variable Voltage in .1 increments
  • Blue LCD display for voltage & battery charge level
  • 5 click on/off safety feature
  • Voltage Lock Down (hold down + and - buttons to set and release)
  • Tactile soft recessed button
  • 650 mAh Li-Polymer battery provides about 500 puffs per charge
  • It is an eGo form factor so completely compatible with other eGo accessories and cartomizers
  • Micro USB charging port/Passthrough
  • 40 inch USB cable
  • 3 amp current limit
  • 115mm or 4.25 inches; 14mm wide (same as a regular eGo)
  • Comes in a very attractive presentation box with manual pamphlet.

whoh how did i miss these how nifty :D:D

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
i got my 2 slv ego v today,,they have been laying in my post office box since Saturday,,,,,,i like them,,but hate the button,maybe ill get use to it .

the cord is really short on it,but comes with a adapter so i could use my 4ft. X2 passthru cords with them.
they also come with 2 extra button,why?i don't know,but glad i have them.

by the way
thanks GOTVAPES and crew for the fast shipping.
i have never had a complaint about your service.

Last edited:

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
i got my 2 slv ego v today,,they have been laying in my post office box since Saturday,,,,,,i like them,,but hate the button,maybe ill get use to it .

the cord is really short on it,but comes with a adapter so i could use my 4ft. X2 passthru cords with them.
they also come with 2 extra button,why?i don't know,but glad i have them.

by the way
thanks GOTVAPES and crew for the fast shipping.
i have never had a complaint about your service.

I got used to the button, and then preferred that button.
It comes with extra's because it 'can' (shouldn't) snap. (think like a rubber band) Good chance you will never need them, but hey, just in case, BAMM you got extras!

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
I got used to the button, and then preferred that button.
It comes with extra's because it 'can' (shouldn't) snap. (think like a rubber band) Good chance you will never need them, but hey, just in case, BAMM you got extras!

if i don't have my reading glasses on,i can't see the darn button,,i know about where it is cause of the LCD readout,,,but i can't see or feel it.

i an going to look around and see if i can't find some thing like a nubbin to glue it on the button so i can find it.

some thing about the size of a aspirin.

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
if i don't have my reading glasses on,i can't see the darn button,,i know about where it is cause of the LCD readout,,,but i can't see or feel it.

i an going to look around and see if i can't find some thing like a nubbin to glue it on the button so i can find it.

some thing about the size of a aspirin.

You might even be able to put 'something' under the button so it still 'looks' right, but gives you more of a feel to it.

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
You might even be able to put 'something' under the button so it still 'looks' right, but gives you more of a feel to it.

well last night i used finger nail polish to build the button up,,i kept adding a drop as it dried i added another drop till i got a raised nubbin i could feel.
not to classy but it works for me.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
just got mine in today. my initial obversations
the button isnt that bad - mine has a slightly raised power icon that while it dosent feel like a button i can easily feel where to push with my finger because it is the only part of the band that isnt smooth. and on a lanyard (a hooty version with an oring not one with the metal ring made to fit over an ego button) the button is always in the same place so no problem
it will NOT charge with a regular ego charger.
the screen lights up every puff - kinda annoying and prolly drains the battery faster
puff counter is interesting - i got 263 before having to recharge while i was playing with it but its not too meaningful because i often will fire it more than once for a puff and it counts each click when you turn it off too

and this part i absolutely HATE - when i let off the button the unit continues to fire for at least 1 second which dosent sound like much but if i lett off when i finish my puff like every other device i have and set it down its still crackeling when it hits the desk. long ago i pretty much shelved my epower for this very reason. i dont like having to remember to let off the button before i finish my toot.

just my 2c lol
oh and with all the fancyness im suprised they couldnt find a way to have it display the ohms too...

mudhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
versailles mo.
well last night i used finger nail polish to build the button up,,i kept adding a drop as it dried i added another drop till i got a raised nubbin i could feel.
not to classy but it works for me.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well the next day the nail polish flaked off so i redid it and it fell off quicker,,,to flexible i guess.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
slbegov.png

slbegov_1.png

slbegov_2.png

slbegov_3.png

slbegov_4.png

SLB eGo-V True VV Pass Through eGo 3.0-6.0v w/ LCD Screen
$29.95

Introducing an exciting new product at GotVapes - The SLB eGo-V True Variable Voltage 650mah eGo! We have the eGo-V at GotVapes in all three available colors: BLACK, GRAY & SILVER.

The SLB eGo-V is one of the first true variable voltage eGos and is adjustable from 3.0-6.0v in .1 increments. It features a blue LCD screen that shows not only the voltage but your remaining battery life.

The eGo-V by SLB provides a mini-USB port at the bottom and can be used as a pass-through meaning you can vape at your computer while the unit charges. It is recommended to have at least 1.5amps availble when charging for consistent performance.

Chris & I tested this before ordering for GotVapes and we both were very impressed with its performance through the range of voltages in both its simplicity of use, accuracy and battery life:
  • Even though it is only 650mah it seemed to provide a good strong battery life.
  • No puff count nonsense or other useless features on its PCB board. You simply press the two + or - buttons and it changes the voltage.
  • Once you reach the higher or lower ends of the voltage range it simply cycles around either way (for example - pushing down at 3.0 takes you to 6.0, pushing up at 6.0 takes you to 3.0).
  • Also features a voltage lock-down whereby if you press both buttons at once it locks the voltage so as not to change it accidentally. To unlock it you would simply press both buttons again.

Let's review the SLB eGo-V features:
  • 3.0v-6.0v Variable Voltage in .1 increments
  • Blue LCD display for voltage & battery charge level
  • 5 click on/off safety feature
  • Voltage Lock Down (hold down + and - buttons to set and release)
  • Tactile soft recessed button
  • 650 mAh Li-Polymer battery provides about 500 puffs per charge
  • It is an eGo form factor so completely compatible with other eGo accessories and cartomizers
  • Micro USB charging port/Passthrough
  • 40 inch USB cable
  • 3 amp current limit
  • 115mm or 4.25 inches; 14mm wide (same as a regular eGo)
  • Comes in a very attractive presentation box with manual pamphlet.

These are nice.........just my opinion, but I think everyone needs to have a PT in their arsenal ;)

Inside_English

Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
California
For starters: I got one of these in Black, and I really like it. I have been vaping it about a month now with a bunch of different atomizers/clearos. The power output is great and I tested it on the digital meter and got 2.995V-6.05V and have pulled 2A. I feel like the passthrough works fantastically even though it's drawing off of the battery power, I have never had a problem where it runs out of battery or anything like that. In fact I think it's better that the battery acts as a capacitor for the passthrough. It's pretty light, and the form factor (when not tethered) is excellent. Not to mention the price.

However, there are a *few* small problems...

1. The bottom metal piece on my Battery that protects the USB port fell off somewhere, somehow, and I simply can't find it or fix it. Besides being cosmetically irritating and having to see the blue light pass through the bottom, the screen/usb jack assembly has begun to continually down and lock the + voltage button in place at times causing the VV to scroll through voltages and trip me up. I have to constantly readjust and push the plastic cylinder back up because the metal endcap wasn't glued properly and fell off.

2. The provided USB to 'funny itsy-bitsy usb' cable FAILED within two days of moderate use. This essentially rendered the passthrough USELESS. I initially thought the unit was damaged and couldn't even be charged but THANKFULLY there was also a usb-mini adapter for the passthrough that I used my own usb-usb mini and continue to use.

3. I really wish I could charge the unit through the top with an ego charger, but it's not really that important I suppose... I freaked out though when the first cable failed and I thought I wouldn't be able to even charge the unit let alone PT. (sort of resolved by the included adapter piece)

4. I'm not sure why they gave me three rings for the soft power button, but I guess they expect it to wear out... I haven't noticed much wear yet. Perhaps a different color could be cool. (This is a minor thing)

I know that perhaps a few of these problems were simply misfortune, but I think it's a fair warning of You get what you pay for. I contacted GotVapes and created a ticket to address the problem, but I was unwilling to part with and ship my brand new powerful battery passthrough back as soon as I got it. It is my main vape and I deal with its little quirks, I guess. I like the higher voltage for higher resistance coils on my RBA. It really seems to deliver solid power, and honestly 5.0V is NOT enough for certain applications *cough* eVIC *cough*

I DO wish I could get a replacement bottom cap though. Perhaps someone has an idea as to what I could use? Also, using the adapter for the usb adds to the length of this thing, and with my Smoktech Redux on there it is nearing ten inches in length when I'm in tethered mode... :/

Some pictures for your judgment. IMAG0085.jpg IMAG0084.jpg IMAG0083.jpg

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
3. I really wish I could charge the unit through the top with an ego charger, but it's not really that important I suppose... I freaked out though when the first cable failed and I thought I wouldn't be able to even charge the unit let alone PT. (sort of resolved by the included adapter piece)

Not sure why you can't. I have charged mine several times with an ego charger thru the 510 connector.

The only issue I have had with mine is the chrome plate coming off the bottom, and the rubber around the fire button is starting to rip.

Mine does not see heavy use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread