Inroducing at GotVapes - The Exciting NEW SLB eGo-V True Variable Voltage Pass Through eGo 3.0-6.0v with LCD Screen in BLACK, STAINLESS & Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dregun

Oct 26, 2012
Upper Michigan
I love this battery!!

But it does have some minor issues (doesn't everything)

I'm in the process of installing a small nipple underneath the rubber ring that holds the fire button down/in. I'm hoping its small enough not to cause accidental firings as I like the recessed button allowing me not to have to turn the battery on/off all the time. Yet I also want it large enough that I get just a little more tactile feedback when searching for it.

I've already got 2 people interested in my setup (this battery and a Vivi Nova) as I let them try it and they loved it. One of them is a traditional smoker...so YAY!!

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
Can this be charged with the 510\ego screw on charger as well as micro usb?

I would LOVE to know the answer to this question as well.

My kGo VV (from the other guy) bit the dust after just 50 days and
50 charges. My guess is the fail has to do with the built-in charger.

Also... the kGo VV has a UC-E6 USB charge connection rather than
the "micro USB" stated on the GotVapes site for the SLB eGo-V.

As point of clarification...

Is the GotVapes SLB eGo-V really a micro USB connection, or is it
in reality the very similar-looking UC-E6?

My reason for asking has to do with the internal charger. If the
plug connection is different, perhaps the charge is, too... and
that would be a good thing IMO.

I enjoyed the kGo-VV while it lasted... and would gladly purchase
the GotVapes SLB version if it proves different/better.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Any dangers on the higher voltages and using a computer usb port ???

That will actually depend on what your computer's usb ports are setup as... the standard for USB don't allow for high enough amperage but many of the newer systems do have ports that can support higher amperage output ( it isn't about voltage, it's amperage ). In short, you will need to look at your computer's USB specs in order to answer your question.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
get a 2AMP wall wart and never worry about that again :D

And this suggestion is much better than my info.... some usb devices don't follow the USB specs to request higher power from the port before they start drawing that power... this can damage some usb ports. It is just safer to use a wall wart

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
And this suggestion is much better than my info.... some usb devices don't follow the USB specs to request higher power from the port before they start drawing that power... this can damage some usb ports. It is just safer to use a wall wart
I use one cuz I'm a scaredy kat for anything happenin to my puter :unsure:

dragginfly

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Missouri, USA
Any dangers on the higher voltages and using a computer usb port ???

Doubtful.

If you have this PV plugged into your computer USB port
while you are vaping, you are still vaping off the charge
on the battery and not directly from the USB port.

The USB port is supplying the charger, and is not a true
passthru to the coil.

ETA: My battery is dead and will not charge via the built-in
charging plug. It also will not vape, even while plugged in
via the charger. So the USB is not "passing thru" any
voltage or current to the coil.

NOTE: Mine is the kGo VV version from TOG. Still waiting
to find out if this eGo version is different, but they are
both made by SLB and most likely the same product.

Last edited:

Toasted

Nov 7, 2012
California
I got my eGo-V less than a week ago. I really love the charging and variable voltage features, and am mostly pleased. Though after the 3rd day of use, the silver end cap fell off spontaneously, while i was vaping. It had never been dropped or even taken anywhere from my desk... i9NZa.jpg

I used scotch tape to tape it back on, but I would have thought the eGo-V would have lasted longer than just a few days. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad unit?

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I got my eGo-V less than a week ago. I really love the charging and variable voltage features, and am mostly pleased. Though after the 3rd day of use, the silver end cap fell off spontaneously, while i was vaping. It had never been dropped or even taken anywhere from my desk... View attachment 149286

I used scotch tape to tape it back on, but I would have thought the eGo-V would have lasted longer than just a few days. Maybe I was just unlucky and got a bad unit?

You need to go here and open a ticket................this isn't something we can help with in the forum :)

GotVapes Help Center and Knowledge Base

Toasted

Nov 7, 2012
California
i just got my slb ego v today and i like it . . .it came full charged so I don't know yet about how the passthru works. it's 650 mah but it's exactly the same size as the ego twist 1000mah. . .weird. the button is cool too it's flat . . .not like the ego twist button it's not raised at all . . .you have to look at it to see where it is. . .anyway i like it
How I remember where to push the button is by looking where the screen is. The screen and the button are both in the same place, just on opposite ends of the vGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread