Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technocrat

Dec 12, 2008
This guy Banzhaf is nobody, he's a carpet bug. It was because of his 'fake' press releases that I had to add a section about not real news sources to the news article list on the wiki:

List of Articles About Electronic Cigarettes - E-Cigarette Wiki

I have yet to find a single reference to him that comes from a real news outlet (at least about E-Cigarettes). Occasionally I will find one of his lies and distortions in a news story and it's a fairly good indicator that that news outlet is lazy and/or incompetent.

His only real danger is starting a sort of rumour campaign. That thing that everyone 'knows' is 'true' because they heard it from so many different sources. IF someone ever bothers to investigate, they will find that every source leads back to ONE guy: Banzhaf.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
This guy Banzhaf is nobody, he's a carpet bug. It was because of his 'fake' press releases that I had to add a section about not real news sources to the news article list on the wiki:

List of Articles About Electronic Cigarettes - E-Cigarette Wiki

I have yet to find a single reference to him that comes from a real news outlet (at least about E-Cigarettes). Occasionally I will find one of his lies and distortions in a news story and it's a fairly good indicator that that news outlet is lazy and/or incompetent.

His only real danger is starting a sort of rumour campaign. That thing that everyone 'knows' is 'true' because they heard it from so many different sources. IF someone ever bothers to investigate, they will find that every source leads back to ONE guy: Banzhaf.

That's the problem. Although he writes all his own "complete" articles, many mainstream media outlets quote those same articles, usually picking out the most damaging, out-of-context (even for him) quotes in order to sensationalize. It's especially easy to do with an organization with such a legitimate sounding name that doesn't reveal it's true intentions or affiliations. This is exactly how rumors get started, and when they're spread by the media networks, it's all downhill.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Im telling ya folks we need a very large super computer ( think tank) that its only purpose is to view every law that was and will be written to find flaws in them. This think tank if you will will not be on any server or network.....its sole purpose is to interpret the law to find flaws in our governing system......man kind can be corrupted but computer can not only the files can be.....yet the computer can be design to pick up on those as well.

Last edited:

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
Im telling ya folks we need a very large super computer ( think tank) that its only purpose is to view every law that was and will be written to find flaws in them. This think tank if you will will not be on any server or network.....its sole purpose is to interpret the law to find flaws in our governing system......man kind can be corrupted but computer can not only the files can be.....yet the computer can be design to pick up on those as well.

Only if we can call it Skynet ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Grand Dragon Banzhaf keeps calling E-cigs illegal. When did that happen? To my knowledge only congress can create laws, the FDA is not empowered to..

It never happened. Electronic cigarettes are neither illegal to OWN or SELL in the United States. It's just a scare tactic. Banzhalf is just blowing it out his .... He's just acting rabid to gain more publicity. Nobody is listening. He's a trolling lawyer who's throwing a legal tantrum because nobody is paying attention to him, nothing more.

Eventually he will be exposed for the ambulance chancing lawyer he truly is

Last edited:

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I Agree tropical Bob
One thing I've learned with computers you can make software that could read these bills and find if there are any hidden clauses and phrases or words that could bring loop holes to any bill brought to the senate. Yes these files could be corrupted but that means the IT guy is corrupted or the individual who brings the bill forward is. Which could easily be traced if using a computer. So I say to help the US congress to keep up with technology., bring on super computer (think tanks) to help out with corruption. Because if we dont were going to lose out. Think about it what took a year to get done could be done in a month or less.

I am an I.T. guy. I have a little program that you copy and paste the text in of the software EULA for the software you're installing and it sifts out pertinent verbage that the end-user really needs to know about before hitting OK. Such a software could be written flagging text of bills that aren't germaine to the context of the bill. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, though.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Question, do you think this is Banzalf's secret daughter?

veruca_salt.jpg

They both seem to act the same when they don't get their way. :|

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i dont live in the US.. but if the FDA is required to approve any drug before it can be sold legally in your country you live in a pretty totalitarian place..

and if this is the case you are pretty well f-cked.. but it does make me wonder how such an all powerful agency can come into being in a country that seems to think its "free"..

trog

ps.. this thing digs far deeper than e cigs.. you lot have written down rights.. the implication being that if someone dosnt say you can do it.. you cant...

we dont have those written down rights.. but the difference seems to be a simple one.. unless someone says we cant do it we assume we can and do...

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think mainly galls those "bigwigs" in the government, BT, and the anti-smoking Nazi groups, that we weren't able to quit smoking using their expensive approved methods, but then we have the nerve to go and find a method on our own....one that works! We can't be allowed to do that! We must have our nannies tell us what is good for us and what is not! We're not smart enough to do it on our own!

saintgadreel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2009
    USA
    All that matters to the media touting him as a hero is the spin that he used to make himself out to be such a person. Banzhaf has spent his career making smoking into the big evil elephant in the room, just so he can smite it down and stand dramatically over its corpse. Mind you, I'm not talking tobacco, I'm talking smoking. He could care less about the drug, he wants to destroy the USER. Reminds me a lot of Jack Thompson and the Anti-Video Game movement. I can only hope it ends the same way, with a swift, forced retirement of disbarrment....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread