Inside the Drunker Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorpios1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
West Jordan, UT
I'm not sure if this will work for everyone because I prefer fairly low wattage vaping, but it's easy to try and see if it works for you or not.

I use a single short wick through the coil that just extends about 1/4 inch on each side of the ceramic. I then tuck the other two wicks in against that wick on each side. I'm using cotton but I would think it should work for silica as well.

I have caramel and vanilla in most of my mixes and they gunk the coil pdq. This way I can pull out the old wick, pulse the coils a couple of times, slide in a new wick and wet it good, set aside to soak for a couple of hours, and I'm back in business.

Thanks JD1, I'll give that a try when I get some time to fiddle with it. I'll post my results.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I decided to recoil my drunker today... I've been putting if off because 1) I have so many other things to use and 2) I dread trying to get the wicks down those wick holes.

I built a nice coil. Then I got frustrated trying to get the wicks (cut them too short) down into the holes. I've done it many times before but this time I just lacked patience. Anyway, I thought "screw it" and just wound the wicks around the coil and am using it as a dripper. It is actually working quite well as a dripper :D

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My smoktech drunker arrived, and the standard coil tasted funky for 3-4 drags, All in all not bad, haven"t had time to recoil, but going to do that tonight. I do hope my 2mm wick is enough, I do have 1mm also somewhere and some cotton, so I should manage. I was surprised with the stock coil and wick how fast it wicked, using 80VG/20PG and 9% distilled water in total, and my liquid isn't thick, But it worked out well

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Got 2 drunkers today , using one now and it's making this awfull loud whistling noise, seems to come from the bottom.
Gonna make another coil tonight and wash the whole thing out , think i'm gonna try r wire and nonwire with a 1.5 ohm coil.
Should i take 2mm or 3mm wick?

All I have is 3mm silica and it's a bit large to get through the wick holes. 2mm might work better. I used cotton for a while but it was just too easy to burn and needed changing more frequently than I was willing to change it. When you wrap your wick, leave it long enough to be able to bend and fit through the holes. You can always cut off the extra when you've got it through the holes. If it's too short, it'll be much harder to get through those holes. You don't really need all 4 holes filled, I would just fit the wick through 2 of them and leave the others.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

carol

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
netherlands
JD1 have not recoiled it yet lack of time, so will do it today, but i did try the second one and that is whistling to but a bit less than the first one.
I'm pretty sure it comes from the bottom.
When I have recoiled ,i'll report back.
I tryed it on several devices like the vamo , vmax, itaste ,k100 and screwdriver but on al of them the whistle.

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
As you can see, I have a few of these things in active service and I always have 2 standby units ready to be rotated into operation at a moments notice.

drunker.jpg

A friend suggested I need a 6-gun style magazine, where I could spin it and vape a random flavor.

The leaking/weeping issues I had early on were due to my overtightening the top cone cap onto the top flat cap. Once I stopped doing that, it seemed to reduce the amount of leaking that I was experiencing.

I have gotten the act of recoiling/rewicking these things down to such a science that it's maybe a 3 minute operation start to finish.

I do use 2mm cotton yarn, boiled twice and pre-cut to length. I will try to make a video over the weekend on my recoiling methodology.

All other tanks and clearo's etc now reside in a drawer collecting dust. Totally pleased with these things.

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
One of the strong points of the drunker is that if it's not defective and it's properly put together, it won't leak.

This is true. But I'm wondering if perhaps the threading isn't durable enough to withstand the leak-proof aspect for very long; that after several screwings and unscrewings the metal degrades to the point where it's no longer possible to have it perfectly properly put together. I'm just speculating. I really like the architecture of the Drunker, but the build is cheap, and if it doesn't enjoy long-term success I suspect that the both build quality and apparent quality control issue will be its undoing.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
This is true. But I'm wondering if perhaps the threading isn't durable enough to withstand the leak-proof aspect for very long; that after several screwings and unscrewings the metal degrades to the point where it's no longer possible to have it perfectly properly put together. I'm just speculating. I really like the architecture of the Drunker, but the build is cheap, and if it doesn't enjoy long-term success I suspect that the both build quality and apparent quality control issue will be its undoing.

That's a good point. Time will tell I guess. I go pretty easy on mine, just snugging everything down with out being real tight, so hopefully it'll last a while. But I'd like to pick up another one of these just to be safe. I have a couple of mixes that I really like in them.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
So do I pop out the little center piece on the deck that holds the wick? Not quite sure how to thread the wires through.

First pull the little center pin, then the grommet that traps the wires and that should allow you to remove the ceramic. I usually snip the wires before pulling the coil out because the holes are so small any kinks in the wire will catch on them. There's some good pictures at the start of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread