Inside the Drunker Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy the build and how good the vape is with the Drunker. I have found the easy draw to be the hurdle. Draw adjusted with the top ring of my eVic. However the volume of vapor and ease of rebuild has made me a fan. I now have two Drunker tanks, one AGA-t, and an IGO-L. The Drunker is still my favorite for sitting around the house and vaping my brains out.
:2c:

I have a Drunker incoming from COV. This should be interesting and fun. I hope it performs better than my previous VVNs.

- Andy

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
everyone i got a drunker tank i lost the center pin replaced it wid one from a vvn or something like dat...if anyone wants to trade pm me for it.....i dont use silica anymore, i will also send 3ft of 3mm silica...
i lost the center pin right away but it works wid the one i have in there....if u know wat u doin u should be able to use this tank, i would trade for a sheet of mesh, or ribbon kanthal.....:toast:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I have a Drunker incoming from COV. This should be interesting and fun. I hope it performs better than my previous VVNs.

- Andy

Several have posted that it beats the vvn on all fronts. I also like the dream 804s and those and the drunker are all I vape anymore. I'm thinking about a short mouth piece for mine as I often vape straight from the top cap on mine.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
OK... stay with me now. Watch this video

Now what does that remind you of? The Drunker! What did I do after watching this video? I took the top cap off my drunker and took the wicks out of the holes... I wrapped them up around the coil "cup" and put the top cap back on. I've only been vaping it for a few minutes but I like the vape much better with the wicks out. Tilt it to feed the wicks. I'll probably leak like crazy if I leave it laying on it's side but using genesis attys, I'm used to that by now.

maybe it's just my imagination... but I think I'm getting better flavor and more vapor :toast:

Try it!

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
This mostly depends on your build. I varies greatly for me. I however am not overly concerned, the Drunker is one of my home only toys and serves well at that. I don't care for traveling with it.

Hi guys, I read some reviews saying there is an annoying whistle sound when drawing on this. Is that the case?

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
I guess its the nature of my DIY brews, but I'm actually re-wicking every time I refill a tank else the wick is too gunked up mid tank 2nd fill. I just have a spare tank and wick made up and when the tank runs dry, I pull every bit of juice out of the wicks and as soon as I taste a burnt taste, pull it apart, toss it in a tupperware container of water and fill the prepared tank, pop the new wick assembly on and off to the races.

Anyone else doing anything like that?

Bud Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Dallas
I guess its the nature of my DIY brews, but I'm actually re-wicking every time I refill a tank else the wick is too gunked up mid tank 2nd fill. I just have a spare tank and wick made up and when the tank runs dry, I pull every bit of juice out of the wicks and as soon as I taste a burnt taste, pull it apart, toss it in a tupperware container of water and fill the prepared tank, pop the new wick assembly on and off to the races.

I DIY as well but I never found a flavor I liked so now I vape unflavored and it is clear as water so maybe that is why I am able to go so long on a setup... I don't use it exclusivly either so I am sure that helps as well, I would say I use it 50% of the time and my VMOD the rest.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

I'm using cotton, but I think think this should work for silica as well. I just use a short single wick through the coil and extends from the ceramic about 5/16th on each side. Then I tuck the wicks from the tank in against it at the sides. That way I can slide out the cotton, pulse the coil a couple of times to clear it and replace the cotton wick through the coil.

If you're using silica try a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide on the coil then pulse the coil and clean with a toothbrush or something. Doesn't get it super clean but will freshen it up for another go around. Hydrogen peroxide turns to water under heat.

Have you seen this post? Might be worth a try. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...72190-inside-drunker-tank-79.html#post9673860

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I DIY as well but I never found a flavor I liked so now I vape unflavored........

The flavors continue to be developed and a very good one for me is the TFA double ry4. 6% and vape away but 10% to steep about 4 weeks is even better. It's great with nothing else added, but also makes a good starting point for added TFA brown sugar extra or what ever. It's nice and clear and not a coil gunker either.

Poke around the diy thread a little. There's bound to be something you'd like. :vapor:

Desdenova

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Ortonville, Mi.
I plugged up one of the air intake holes at the top of the 510 threads with a wooden toothpick because of the easy draw this tank has and it made a world of difference. The vape is much tastier, thicker, and that annoying whistle noise is gone. When I get off my lazy .... I will probably plug the hole with something more permanent.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
The grommets from the center pin of a chid (china did clone) will work, and I used to know where to order them from. The info is in one of my posts in this thread somewhere, I'll try to fine it for you.

the part is called: Vulcan Replacement Silicone Grommet, available from sure vapes.

http://www.surevapes.com/Vulcan-Replacement-Silicone-Grommet-Top_p_256.html

As for the center pin, I don't know. The center pin in a carto is a hollow tube and cutting one from that might be possible if you have some tools. Hopefully someone will chime in with something that will work.

Last edited:

Mrbunglez

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Florida
Love this little/big 5ml tank, only thing I wish was that the tank was made of glass or at least interchangeable with a glass tank. Had an oddy with a plastic tank crack on me with some mango juice from juice box.
Oh well for now I'll stick with juice that won't crack my lil Drunker, and hopefully wait until they upgrade these tanks with glass.
That is unless someone found a way to mod it and pry the tank from the base and use a glass tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread