Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I got mine not from US but from GearBest. They were the only ones I could find and yes they do fit the regular sized Merlin. I know it doesn't take much to crack/break the merlin glass. I broke 1 trying to split the glass tank apart and the other rolled off and fell about a inch off a hairbrush onto the coffee table. Now my Merlin has 2 vape bands, top and bottom of the glass.
Oily Chit...the ones in the previous post are about 8 bucks CAD...man thats pretty pricey.

Merlin Glass

skullfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Detroit
I got mine not from US but from GearBest. They were the only ones I could find and yes they do fit the regular sized Merlin. I know it doesn't take much to crack/break the merlin glass. I broke 1 trying to split the glass tank apart and the other rolled off and fell about a inch off a hairbrush onto the coffee table. Now my Merlin has 2 vape bands, top and bottom of the glass.
Oily Chit...the ones in the previous post are about 8 bucks CAD...man thats pretty pricey.

Merlin Glass
Says China on that site

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Ya...Gearbest is out of China. I have other attys I can use so waiting the few weeks for my merlin glass was no biggie. No way I would get gouged 8 bucks plus shipping for a glass that cost them pennies, I would have shelved the atty if I couldn't get a glass insert. I still wouldn't buy another augvape product anyways since their Merlin was such a letdown with its seeping issue so ruining a 50 dollar mod with a 20 dollar atty is counter productive

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I've found its really all depends on the build you have in the Merlin. I put a nice thick multiwire clapton that holds its heat well making the base hot after a few vapes and it seeps, remove the build then pound the base back together, put the same build back in and it doesn't seep as bad for a while but progressively gets worse. Putting a thin wire higher ohm build that doesn't get so hot, cools off fast and the base almost doesn't seep.
If yours doesn't seep then great, enjoy it while you can cause metal to metal pressfit with the heating and cooling constantly will eventually separate the 2 pieces.

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

skullfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Detroit
I've found its really all depends on the build you have in the Merlin. I put a nice thick multiwire clapton that holds its heat well making the base hot after a few vapes and it seeps, remove the build then pound the base back together, put the same build back in and it doesn't seep as bad for a while but progressively gets worse. Putting a thin wire higher ohm build that doesn't get so hot, cools off fast and the base almost doesn't seep.
If yours doesn't seep then great, enjoy it while you can cause metal to metal pressfit with the heating and cooling constantly will eventually separate the 2 pieces.
Hit my other post up
I need some rta suggestions
Seems like you have used a few.
Need something I can actually get and I don't care for fastech.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Hit my other post up
I need some rta suggestions
Seems like you have used a few.
Need something I can actually get and I don't care for fastech.

I haven't used that many different attys, just ones that were the easiest to rebuild and use. With 2 of us vaping I went for what I could rebuild, keep my wife happy and I just went with the flow. I really only used 5 attys over the years of vaping. Protank, Kayfun, TFV4, Merlin and Subtank Mini. Before the PT it was a short run with clearos, Kanger T3's and a couple evods. I have maybe barely a few of older drippers that don't fit larger gauge, multiwire or have airflow ability for the builds I like today. I toot my own horn saying my tank builds are stupendous so I had no need to drip to produce great vape.
I've had such great success with the subtank mini's for the last couple years that I need not bother looking for another atty. My last buy was unresearched Merlins in a coop and its a nice simple to build atty but if I had of found out beforehand that it was pressfit then I would not have bought them.
Fasttech is one of the better china sites, more variety of stuffs than most others. I'm guilty of buying plenty but with reading FT reviews and sticking to authentic when I can there's been very few bad buys. FT supplied all my kayfun and subtank parts, silicone cases, vape bands and nifty vape and non-vape gadgets. Latest was battery wraps that work like a hot darn.

Reactions: skullfreak

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Anyone know where to buy the Merlin glass only in USA?
I had some come from China and there wrong size
This is my only and daily tank am dying here.
A cracked one works but leaks
Plz advise
Thx

I have bought Merlin replacement glass from Fasttech a few time and they are in the right size.

GearBest price is always higher than Fasttech, I only buy from them when I can't find an item from Fasttech. (e.g. special gold edition of IPV Vesta)

Reactions: Eskie

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Brought my Merlin out of retirement today. Found this beastly Tesla Invader 3 in a local shop, and thought the Merlin would look nice on it. It does.
946fbb9fba6c3ffc61926fb59b308aae.jpg
3c105ed8f04751f704b0168c3620cbdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Yeah, me too. I'm just glad I got the wicking right, surprisingly. lol No leaks...yet. I had asked Augvape on Instagram a while back about the leaks. They told me when I fill it, open the juice flow, flip it upside down for a moment, the right side up, and open the airflow. I've been doing that, so not sure if that is what's making it not leak or just more experience building and wicking than I had when I first got this.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Must be something with the glass they use. Not counting old-school/beginner glass like protank2, I've never broken any tank glass (knock-on-wood) until the Merlin. I ordered 2/3 replacements from FastTech for cheap (FT has a local US address for shipping problems back to - and reimburses shipping, unlike others like GB). It's been a while since I broke it, or used it - but IIRC, I also broke/cracked it trying to separate the sections.

The absolute best flavor I've had from a tank - bar none. I can't remember anything about seepage though. I have so many test batches steeping right now, so I don't have any tank-worthy liquids ATM to fire it up again.. Just a backup ADV in my Kayfun 5. The Griffin might be tied with the Kayfun 5 and Serpent Mini, but the Merlin was way above those.
..... Now I'm itching to fire up the Merlin again.. Hmm.. Well, I got a banana pudding that could be coming along as worthy. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread