The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Discussion in 'RTA' started by MMW, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yep same here, i just keep going back to my Merlins, eventhough they suffer from some minor seepage once in a while. Still the number one singlecoil tank for flavour, everything else tastes muted. TBH i don't think the new 22mm Merlin will ever hit the market :-(

Also my Boreases still beat all my Aromamizers flavourwise.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steamer861

Steamer861 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    My 2 Melins are totally dry! I get no seepage or leaking at all :)
    I do agree for a bargin priced atty it works very well!
    I had the black film come off one of my glass tanks, it was just a film like a tinted window.

• Like Like x 4
  3. sos2001

sos2001 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2014
    South Carolina
    Man I wish they would come out with a v2 that addressed the seeping issue. I still use my two daily and hope for the best with the seepage. Most of the time it's minor. But when the wick has been in it for a couple of days, it can get mighty damp.

• Like Like x 3
  4. hiclass

hiclass Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    If its the length of the merlin grub screw, my caliper says 2.8mm long

• Like Like x 1
  6. dampfan

dampfan Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Germany
  7. hiclass

Aug 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    The ones @dampfan mentioned do fit the Merlin that is discussed in this topic.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    you planning to try the serpent smm? It is pretty high on my shopping list based on reviews I have seen so far. Been a long time since I used any single coil rta/rda.

• Like Like x 3
  10. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've seen that one mentioned. I think I'm going to wait to see if any problems are reported. I'm tired of getting new tanks only to have issues and not like them. I've got enough mediocre rta's in storage already.

• Like Like x 2
  11. hiclass

Aug 11, 2016
    I just want to be sure that what he means by "my Merlin" is a 4ml Augvape Merlin tank not Augvape Merlin Mini.
    I own both and the Mini's nut seems to be bigger/longer.

@AlterUrEgo,
    I too have a caliper, but my poor eyesight does not allow me to measure the Merlin's nut.

In fact I wish I can buy spare nuts in my next Fasttech order for the below tank:
    1. Augvape Merlin (4ml)
    2. IJoy Exo RTA
    3. OBS Engine Nano

But finding the right nut for the above from Fasttech site is not easy and finding out what is the "right size" of the nuts to order is even worse... it is a real pain in as..

• Like Like x 2
  12. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Yes, after seeing a review by DJLsb it's on top of my wishlist!

13. Leo Bak

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Not really, get the ones suggested and also the m3*3mm, and for a few dimes you'll have most tanks covered. Or get a set.

• Like Like x 2
  14. hiclass

Aug 11, 2016
    Good idea! And thank for the link.

• Like Like x 1
  15. hiclass

Aug 11, 2016
    It seems not easy to attach a 4mm coil in this tank. (I almost use 4mm coil all the time).

16. dampfan

dampfan Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Germany
    I was writing about the Merlin, not about the Merlin Mini, although i doubt the Mini uses different screws than the the Merlin.

17. hiclass

Aug 11, 2016
    Yes, you are right, both the Merlin and its mini version use the same hex nuts. I am going to get the "set" of nuts as suggested by Leo Bak.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TrashCat

TrashCat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    The new Govad RTA (not RDA) is getting great reviews for a single coil... I'm also trying to decide between the Ammit 25 and the new Serpent SSM.

I used to get slight seepage from my Merlin when I first started with it, but I haven't noticed any in many months now... It seems to have somehow fixed itself :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I've been fishing around for those myself. Yes, the FT ones are not quite the original specs. I ordered an original Augvape DT from GB along with an RDTA and they didn't pack the DT into the order. They want pix of the package from all sides, including the RDTA box. What the heck does that have to do with the DT? For $1.92 I didn't bother. Still a bit ticked about it, though. I love that DT and, like you, wouldn't mind having one on my other tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    These appear to be authentic augvape merlin tips and have good reviews - $10.44 Authentic AUGVAPE 510 Resin Drip Tip (5-Pack) 5-pack - 14mm / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I haven't bought any yet but I plan to when I eventually make another FT order.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.