Merlin by Augvape and Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Yep same here, i just keep going back to my Merlins, eventhough they suffer from some minor seepage once in a while. Still the number one singlecoil tank for flavour, everything else tastes muted. TBH i don't think the new 22mm Merlin will ever hit the market :-(

Also my Boreases still beat all my Aromamizers flavourwise.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I have to admit that even though I've had seeping from the base on all three of my merlins, I keep going back to it because of the flavor production and ease of building and use. I just have to pull the tank off once a day and wipe underneath it. It seems like a lot of press fit base rta's leak and don't produce as good of flavor as the merlin. I keep waiting to see if augvape comes out with the new merlin.

Man I wish they would come out with a v2 that addressed the seeping issue. I still use my two daily and hope for the best with the seepage. Most of the time it's minor. But when the wick has been in it for a couple of days, it can get mighty damp.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Still the number one singlecoil tank for flavour, everything else tastes muted.

you planning to try the serpent smm? It is pretty high on my shopping list based on reviews I have seen so far. Been a long time since I used any single coil rta/rda.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've seen that one mentioned. I think I'm going to wait to see if any problems are reported. I'm tired of getting new tanks only to have issues and not like them. I've got enough mediocre rta's in storage already.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    The ones @dampfan mentioned do fit the Merlin that is discussed in this topic.
    I just want to be sure that what he means by "my Merlin" is a 4ml Augvape Merlin tank not Augvape Merlin Mini.
    I own both and the Mini's nut seems to be bigger/longer.

@AlterUrEgo,
    I too have a caliper, but my poor eyesight does not allow me to measure the Merlin's nut.

In fact I wish I can buy spare nuts in my next Fasttech order for the below tank:
    1. Augvape Merlin (4ml)
    2. IJoy Exo RTA
    3. OBS Engine Nano

But finding the right nut for the above from Fasttech site is not easy and finding out what is the "right size" of the nuts to order is even worse... it is a real pain in as..

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    But finding the right nut for the above from Fasttech site is not easy and finding out what is the "right size" of the nuts to order is even worse... it is a real pain in as..

Not really, get the ones suggested and also the m3*3mm, and for a few dimes you'll have most tanks covered. Or get a set.

TrashCat

ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yes, after seeing a review by DJLsb it's on top of my wishlist!

The new Govad RTA (not RDA) is getting great reviews for a single coil... I'm also trying to decide between the Ammit 25 and the new Serpent SSM.

I used to get slight seepage from my Merlin when I first started with it, but I haven't noticed any in many months now... It seems to have somehow fixed itself :)

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Anyone found Merlin styled driptips yet? I know fasttech etc china markets is full of them, but they are all too short. Original Merlin driptip what i love, would love to have those on every tank!

Lähetetty minun SM-G920F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    I've been fishing around for those myself. Yes, the FT ones are not quite the original specs. I ordered an original Augvape DT from GB along with an RDTA and they didn't pack the DT into the order. They want pix of the package from all sides, including the RDTA box. What the heck does that have to do with the DT? For $1.92 I didn't bother. Still a bit ticked about it, though. I love that DT and, like you, wouldn't mind having one on my other tanks.

Reactions: Eskie

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I've been fishing around for those myself. Yes, the FT ones are not quite the original specs. I ordered an original Augvape DT from GB along with an RDTA and they didn't pack the DT into the order. They want pix of the package from all sides, including the RDTA box. What the heck does that have to do with the DT? For $1.92 I didn't bother. Still a bit ticked about it, though. I love that DT and, like you, wouldn't mind having one on my other tanks.
    These appear to be authentic augvape merlin tips and have good reviews - $10.44 Authentic AUGVAPE 510 Resin Drip Tip (5-Pack) 5-pack - 14mm / random colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I haven't bought any yet but I plan to when I eventually make another FT order.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread