Intellicig ECOpure Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Thank you. I had not heard of this juice before, though I've heard of Cignot before. I didn't see "Basic Naked" on Cignot's site, but I did see a flavor called "Sweet Naked" that looks like the juice you might be refering to. Some of Cignot's other "Basic" line of (mostly) VG e-liquid (including tobacco flavors) looks to be possibly worth checking out. What type of equipment did you run this Basic Sweet Naked stuff in? How clear or colored was the juice? Did the juice run well without any typical all VG atomizer or wicking types of problems? Would you buy the stuff again, or try any if the other Basic tobacco or other flavors?

NCChief

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Western NC
Thank you. I had not heard of this juice before, though I've heard of Cignot before. I didn't see "Basic Naked" on Cignot's site, but I did see a flavor called "Sweet Naked" that looks like the juice you might be refering to. Some of Cignot's other "Basic" line of (mostly) VG e-liquid (including tobacco flavors) looks to be possibly worth checking out. What type of equipment did you run this Basic Sweet Naked stuff in? How clear or colored was the juice? Did the juice run well without any typical all VG atomizer or wicking types of problems? Would you buy the stuff again, or try any if the other Basic tobacco or other flavors?

On Cignot's site, in the E-Liquid section, look for "Basic Naked - No Flavor", it is the first link in E-liquid....that is what I am referring to.

I use a Prodigy V3 at 6v with 3.5Ohm cartomizers. The juice is clear and I have no wicking problems with it at all. Would I order it again? I just ordered 2 more 18mL bottles yesterday. :D

NCC

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
The "Sweet Naked" is "Basic Naked - No Flavor", but with the sweetness of Ethyl Maltol flavor added. I'm going try the 12mg Sweet Naked in an 18.5ml bottle. At $12 plus $5 S&H that is $17, so I was thinking of getting something else from them as well, to cut the sting of that excessive S&H fee. I'm not sure what though, as Vapenstein has reported he doesn't like any of their tobacco flavors, and I'm not much of a fruity flavors guy.

NCChief

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Western NC
The "Sweet Naked" is "Basic Naked - No Flavor", but with the sweetness of Ethyl Maltol flavor added. I'm going try the 12mg Sweet Naked in an 18.5ml bottle. At $12 plus $5 S&H that is $17, so I was thinking of getting something else from them as well, to cut the sting of that excessive S&H fee. I'm not sure what though, as Vapenstein has reported he doesn't like any of their tobacco flavors, and I'm not much of a fruity flavors guy.

Yeah, that is not the same thing that I order, but let me know what you think!

NCC

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I finally got my shipment of Cignot's Basic Sweet Naked e-liquid flavor. It took about a week, which was a little longer than I'm used to from most other suppliers, but not horrible. I have to admit, so far at least, this is the closest taste I've found that is highly reminiscent of Intellicig's ECOpure e-liquid. Though not quite as rich as Intellicig's RICH flavor, perhaps simply because I got this stuff in a relatively low nicotine level of 1.3% (12mgs). That is lower than what I last tried ECOpure RICH in, which was probably at about 20mgs.

Nonetheless, this Basic Sweet Naked stuff is very close to Intellicig's ECOpure regular flavor, both in how it tastes, and also in its clarity of color, as well as general thinness compared to most other all VG juices I've tried. I'm currently using it in some old 510 equipment, via refilled cartomizers, and an even older (and weak) ECHO battery, via one of their brand new single coil cartomizers. It seems to taste a little fuller with the 510 cartomizers.

Since all of these batteries I'm using are a bit old (soon to be replaced with new Triton gear), and I've not steeped this juice at all, I'm probably not getting the full flavor impact. Even at reduced battery strength (and nicotine level), this stuff is pretty good, and reasonably satisfying. I love how cleanly it seems to be running on these cartomizers - which have mostly seen better days. The listed ingredients are Vegetable Glycerin, Distilled Water, Ethyl Maltol and the nicotine - in that order. 4 ingredients. No other flavoring.

I'm genuinely impressed (and even a bit surprised) with this e-liquid. It's a good replacement for regular ECOpure, but isn't quite rich enough to equal ECOpure RICH. Some steeping and use in better equipment may change my opinion on that. Hopefully I will find out in just a few days once my Triton batteries and clearomizers arrive to test out. I'm looking forward to the new gear, but am concerned about the switch from automatic batteries to manual batteries. I'll just need to get used to the functional difference, which my fingers and brain may not be too happy with.

Also from Cignot, I received a sampler pack of Basic's Tobacco #1, #2, #3 and #4. Unfortunately, these little sampler bottles only come in 0mg nicotine level, and have a slight amount of PG in them (though less than 4%). I'm not sure exactly how I will properly taste test them, so I'm just letting them steep for now. They do not have any Ethyl Maltol in them. I was thinking I might mix them in small batches with the Sweet Naked juice to see if that brings a bit more familiar tobacco flavor to that juice - without ruining it. Next time I will order some higher nicotine level Sweet Naked and give that a shot.

I will most certainly be reordering this stuff, and it will be my go to juice for now. I'll still be checking out other all VG e-liquids as well, but I probably always will. The Sweet Naked is not a be all/end all juice, but it is clean running, has a tasty (not really all that tobacco-like) flavor note to it, good vapor production, good enough throat hit, and is a generally satisfying to vape (with no equipment headaches) - much unlike so many of the other all VG juices I've tried recently. I definitely recommend giving it a try.

NCChief, thank you so much for pointing me in Cignot's direction. You've been genuinely helpful.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and gave those Cignot Basic Tobacco flavored e-liquids a try. At first I tried dripping these on one old m401 atomizer I had lying around (cleaned out between taste tests), using an even older set of m402 manual batteries I also happen to have lying around. I haven't really used this stuff in ages, and in the end I decided this old gear was just too worn out to give a valid taste impression. So instead I dripped this stuff directly down the air tube and onto the atomizer of my lone ECHO cartomizer. This had already had a full load of Sweet Naked through it, but was flushed and dried (more or less) between tests. Not a perfect taste test by any means, but it gave me an idea how these might taste on their own, and possibly when mixed with a bit of the good Sweet Naked juice. All of these tobacco flavor juices were clear in color, and nearly as thin as the Sweet Naked juice, but did seem ever so slightly thicker.

Basic Tobacco #1 is definitely a tobacco-like taste, but in a dry, semi-sweet cocoa sort of way, not in a fresh leafy tobacco sort of way.

Basic Tobacco #2 is a green leafy tobacco with a touch of light spice flavor. Not as dry as Tobacco #1, but also weaker overall in its flavor notes. The spice isn't really peppery at all. Instead it has a sweetness to it. Kind of like cinnamon, but much less obnoxious.

Basic Tobacco #3 is very vague in flavor. It vaguely tastes like tobacco. The way an ashtray smells, sort of. Not nasty - like how an ashtray would taste, but more like how that smell might taste - if it were not nasty. Does that make any sense? The primary flavor component is that it is vaguely tobacco-like, as described, and nothing much else.

Basic Tobacco #4 is actually a bit thicker than the other 3 juices. It is a semi-sweet, green leafy tobacco type of flavor, with the sweetness being vaguely fruity in nature. Not any specific type of fruit, just "fruity" in general. Kind of like generic fruity gum, but not.

Of course, these are 0mg nicotine level juices, so there was hardly any throat hit to speak of. Vapor production levels were difficult to judge when testing in this manner. All I can say for sure is that vapor was produced. Your mileage with these would probably greatly vary from my admittedly limited experience. I didn't catch that much of the Sweet Naked juice with these, so there really wasn't much of it left to alter the flavors. I blew out, flushed, and dried the cartomizer as best I could after each taste test. That's not professional grade taste testing by any means (not in my book anyway), but I just wanted to see if these tobacco flavored juices were as bad as some have reported. I wouldn't say they are, but fresh out of their little bottles these e-liquids didn't excite me at all. They seem rather generic, with no significant flavor depth to them, and certainly no richness. They are available in higher nicotine levels when ordered in regular Cignot Basic bottle sizes. Some nicotine would definitely help their flavor impact.

I will let these samples steep awhile, then retest them on fresh, thoroughly clean, brand spanking new clearomizers, using new batteries. That should hopefully improve the taste results, and let me better judge vapor production. Some of these juices felt like they might be more intriguing if given a fair shake. None were flat out awful. None were as satisfying as the Basic Sweet Naked e-liquid, but that's understandable - given their complete lack of nicotine. I'll see if I can pinpoint at least one to order with nicotine to give it an even fairer chance against the (so far) much better Sweet Naked juice.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I've already used nearly half my 18ml bottle of Cignot's Basic Sweet Naked, in just a few days, so I've ordered 2 more bottles. It's a shame these don't come in a larger bottle size. Interestingly, they only have this juice in either 0mgs, 12mgs or 25mgs nicotine strength. I would have preferred to order this in something like 18mgs strength, so I order 1 12mg bottle and 1 25mg bottle. When mixed together that'll get me something pretty close to 18mgs, and I needed to order at least 2 bottles. Otherwise this stuff wouldn't last me very long at all.

I unashamedly admit that I've been vaping Sweet Naked pretty much all day long. I vape a lot, as you can probably tell. I'll be lucky if one of these 18ml bottles lasts me through an entire week. My new Triton gear won't arrive until late next Monday, but in the meantime I'm limping along with my older equipment okay using the new e-liquid. I wasn't before with my other all VG juices, as they were just killing my cartomizers and clearomizers too quickly, which was very frustrating. I'm not sure why so many suppliers have a hard time supplying good all VG juices, but apparently they do. Anyone else have any suggestions for some good, reliable VG juice to check out?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
billy
thanks for all the testing and the great updates! There were a lot of Ecopure Rich fans and esp. before a lot of new vendors came out, despite the fact that ecopure rich had a dedicated following, always thought it strange that none of them made a 100% VG juice clone of it. I'm sure they'd have some dedicated buyers.

Yes, it didn't gunk up equipment, I assume that is due to not over-doing the flavoring and not using heavy dark NETS and dark flavorings and a lot of sugar as well.

You seem a perfect candidate for DIY...100% VG, not hard at all.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I would actually be interested in DIY 100% VG juice. I've thought about it before, as I tend to play around with mixing various ready made juices that I buy, but I have no idea where to start. If it is a more cost effective way of getting e-liquid, or just tends to get better results, I'd certainly be interested. I should check out that section on the forum for more information. Any other recommendations on where to start with doing that?

As a rather large side note, I just got my new Triton 400mah and 650mah manual batteries in late today, along with some Triton clearomizers to go with them. Delivery time time took 4 days, which was better than I'd expected. Idiotically, I thought my ECHO USB chargers would work for these (since they are both 808 threaded), so I didn't order any chargers to go with them. After a little paranoid research, I corrected that the next day, so I won't see any useable chargers for these until tomorrow - I hope. The two 400mah batteries had at least something of charge on them, but not the 650mah one.

Unfortunately, it quickly became clear to me that the batteries I received with a charge on them may not have much of a charge left on them, so I'll have to wait to charge 'em up on those USB chargers I'm still waiting on. I don't want to risk using my different voltage ECHO USB chargers on these batteries, for fear of damaging them.

The Triton 650mah battery is almost exactly the same length as an ECHO 650mah battery, but the Triton clearomizers (which are basically an EGO outer threaded Kanger) are quite large. They are slightly longer, and even a bit fatter, than the battery itself. The 400mah Triton batteries are surprisingly short, shorter than a 300mah Virgin Vapors 808 threaded EGO battery (compatible with an ECHO battery). With the 400mah battery attached to the Triton clearomizer, the whole unit is actually shorter than a 300mah ECHO battery and 3ml cartomizer. This makes the Triton setup vary pocket friendly for a fat bat. The Triton clearomizer holds 2.4ml of juice, which it had better at this size. Later on I'll also be trying out the X2 - Mini T3 clearomizers on these batteries. They are about half the length and hold about half the juice. They are also bottom coil instead of top coil like the Triton clearomizers. Both supposedly handle all VG juices pretty well. In time I'll see if that holds true. Both have atomizer coil/wick units that are replaceable at a reduced cost of replacing the entire clearomizer.

With these types of fat batteries, making the transition from automatic to manual isn't too difficult. It is much easier compared to doing that with the mini style batteries, which I have also tried. I do occasionally forget to push the button, but I'm sure I'll eventually get over that. Since I'm not too sure how much of a charge is really left on these freshly shipped Triton batteries, I'll have to hold off for a day or two before I can report on how well these work with Cignot's Basic Sweet Naked e-liquid flavor. My initial impression is that they seem to work okay using the Triton clearomizers, which haven't shown any leakage issues yet, but so far the performance difference is not huge. I would say the flavor is actually muted somewhat in comparison, but that may just be a low battery charge issue. Despite that, vapor production is still better, and not nearly as hot as I had previously been led to believe.

I still actually slightly prefer the flavor of Basic Sweet Naked on a 510 with cartomizer setup. Which makes me wonder how well an 808 cartomizer mounted on the Triton batteries would work out instead, but I'm getting ahead of myself with thoughts like that. I need to take this experimenting one step at a time. Switching to the other 400mah battery showed a marked improvement in flavor, so I think the muted flavor issue was just a low battery charge issue. With sufficient charge, the equipment seems sound - providing more sweetness, but not necessarily much more in richness of flavor. I'll be getting some higher nicotine level Sweet Naked soon, which I look forward to trying that out on the new gear.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
My experience with the Virgin Vapors Organic Best Damn Tobacco e-liquid flavor was kind of mixed. The flavor was okay, actually not bad at all. It was kind of weird, having a slighlty citrus flavor component to it, and was also some of the cloudiest, ugliest looking juice I've ever seen. It definitely caused wicking problems and shortened the life of the cartomizers and clearomizers I ran it in. I'd never use that particular flavor again, but I've read good things about the Chocolate Tobacco flavor. It is apparently not really all that chocolate like, but is a pretty good tobacco flavor, which is also reportedly not as cloudy and ugly as their Organic Best Damn Tobacco stuff.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Bump...

Any updates to finding a replacement for Ecopure Rich? I tried Basic Sweet Naked, and while it's an ok vape with slight hints of malty sweetness, it doesn't quite capture the unique and satisfying flavour of Ecopure Rich.

It seems to me that successfully being able to clone Ecopure Rich would be an instant hit for any liquid supplier.

Take a look at Whole Cig. It's a very pleasant liquid just as it is. A lot of people vape it naked and their flavorings (not VG) are sold seperate. I can't compare it to Ecopure Rich because that was discontinued before I started vaping. That's also probably the reason no one has attempted to duplicate it.

For a flavored VG, I am impressed with Velvet Cloud. The flavors are spot on. The candy bar tasted like a liquid snickers bar. My favorite right now is their Nightshift which is a coffee flavored base. There's a blog listing on ECF that stays current on vendor's with VG only eliquids.

I hear more and more from people looking for VG based liquids and vendors don't seem to be keeping up with the demand. To vape VG almost requires a certain amount of ability to do DIY because of that. I know there's a list of PG free flavors and there were a lot more than I expected on it. Vaping Zone offers PG free super concentrates - there's a thread in DIY - which get positive reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread