Intellicig EVO reliability problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
It was a bummer, Nes and not what I expected at all. This is my first bad experience in dealing with an online retailer so, maybe I should consider myself lucky. Yes, I'm in the USA and didn't think about the affiliate over here, that may be an option, thank you. I'll give John or his people some time to get back with me and hopefully we can get it resolved.

Susanne was the representative I dealt with, but thanks also for trying to help me out there.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
A question:

I noticed John C from intellicig.com was able to close another thread that complained about his companies horrible customer service/bad product. How is that possible? Is this site owned/co owned by him? Or is he just given mod privileges so he can shut down a thread once his company wears the customer thin and the complaints abound?

His reason for shutting the thread down is because he feels the problem should be resolved between buyer and seller. I can assure you, in my case there was no reasonable "resolve". John, is that the real reason? Or are you just getting too much bad press here and feel you need to censor it? How dare you? You do nothing but tell on yourself with that type of action. Trust me, some of these people can see right through you.

John stated he was offended by the "f" word that an unhappy customer used. Are you kidding me, man? You use common/bad business tactics and put off, evade and wear your customers ragged and really believe any reasonably intelligent poster on this board is going to buy the implication that YOU were the one so mistreated because you angered someone into using the "F" word? You've evidently backed yourself into such a corner here, you need to clutch at straws to get out. Your actions towards some of your customers is 10 times worse than any "F" word. That was a very feeble attempt to turn the blame on your customer. I'd be ashamed and the attempt speaks volumes.

Needless to say, I had a terrible experience with the intellicig evolution and Intellicig.com. Why I was treated differently than others here, by this company, I have no idea?

One thing those who are considering a purchase of the EVO should know, aside from the bad customer service, if you'll check the FAQ on intellicig.com UK, you'll find the following:

All our cigarettes have been tested and quality control checked prior to delivery to you and come with a 30 day guarantee on all its items.

Now, just take a look at the prior posts to just this thread alone and see that even happy customers had trouble with their product and since that is the case, how can anyone possibly believe the product was tested?

Even though there are reports here that a return was not necessary to get a refund, I also saw in the FAQ on their site, they will only refund the original price (meaning no shipping price returned) so if you figure, "hey! it's "tested", so I won't have to worry about loss of my shipping or returns at all" Think again.

If you want to buy from a company that says a product is tested when it is clearly not, a company that has been proved beyond any doubt, it does not tell the truth, not to mention the complaints against them on this board, I wish you the best of luck. And that's not to say you won't get a good product, some evidently have and I'm still waiting for a definite pattern to emerge here so I'll know more about why some are taken care of and some not.

I'm guessing John will lock this thread as well and I'm sure he'll find a reason other than the obvious to do so. If anyone knows of a good ecig forum where we are free to state our opinions and experiences, I'd appreciate a link.

On more thing. John, you can evidently kill this thread and you may even be able to remove my post, but I assure you this is not the answer, my friend and you only get yourself in deeper with your actions here. A little less damage control and a little better treatment to begin with of the customers that trusted you to do the right thing when they gave you their money, is the only way to fix it.

mokeyjoe

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Preston, UK
Just for the sake of balance I've had no problems with my Evolution (have three now) and I've found the delivery time and customer service to be very good.

I'm surprised so many people seem to be having problems as that seems very far removed from my personal experience.

edit - actually it seems to be mainly one person who has a problem.

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Just for the sake of balance I've had no problems with my Evolution (have three now) and I've found the delivery time and customer service to be very good.

I'm surprised so many people seem to be having problems as that seems very far removed from my personal experience.

edit - actually it seems to be mainly one person who has a problem.

Make that two people. I have four EVO batteries that only lasted a few weeks of use. Now, at a full charge, they only output less than 2volts. They wont fire up the atomizers anymore.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Sorry to hear your having problems as well Jim Davis, all my hardware is still working great other than one atomizer that was damaged accidentally.
3characters+, to expect anyone to tolerate being swore at or otherwise being belittled is unreasonable in my opinion.
As for the refund policy, every online retailer I have dealt with does not refund shipping cost since that is paid to a shipping company, the retailers will refund the original purchase price. Many retailers charge a restocking fee for returned product, some as high as 15 percent.
In my experience with Intellicig John has been polite and addressed the only issue I had quickly(a single extra atomizer was shipped with my starter kit instead of the trade kit of 5 atomizers ordered). I find it much better to compose a polite email containing all the facts of the situation and working with the retailer towards a satisfactory resolution. I find that the only thing being aggressive towards anyone results in is closed doors and lost opportunities.
If a purchaser does not agree with a refund policy from a company then perhaps purchasing a similar product from a local store would be more appropriate.
Most companies warranty service requires the consumer to return the product and pay shipping to the service center and return shipping as well.
3characters+, I hope you have many pleasant things in your life and get what you deserve.
All the best,
Chris

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
3characters+, to expect anyone to tolerate being swore at or otherwise being belittled is unreasonable in my opinion.

You already have my opinion on the "F" word. I think it was silly for John to even mention it, but useful.

I find it much better to compose a polite email containing all the facts of the situation and working with the retailer towards a satisfactory resolution

"Much better" as opposed to what?

Are you just assuming I wasn't polite and professional in my private correspondence with the company? And tell me, Wing, at what point does that end, at what point is enough enough? 30 days? 6 months a year? what is the official cut off point there? When should I have given up after John and his staff politely and continually put me off and I politely put up with it? I would honestly like an answer to that?

As for the refund policy, every online retailer I have dealt with does not refund shipping cost since that is paid to a shipping company, the retailers will refund the original purchase price. Many retailers charge a restocking fee for returned product, some as high as 15 percent.

My policy there has always be to refund in full if it's my fault. I'm not the only one either. The customer gets nothing and they are out nothing. It's just the right thing to do. But it doesn't matter., John clearly states his refund policy in his FAQ's with no return of ship charge and that's fine, however in my view by clearly falsely advertising all items as tested, he cancels the other policy out.

I hope you have many pleasant things in your life and get what you deserve.

I truely wish the same for you, Wing, ;)

Andrewk24

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
I've been reading alot of these posts and wondering about all these peoples problems. I've had my white genie batteries and same atomizer for over two months and my batteries still last nine hours of the day. I think that most people are charging there batteries over three hours. You should NEVER EXCEED three hrs of charging anything after that does damage to the battery. I've followed that charging guide line and my batteries still impress me after two months of use. I also have never had a battery charge in 30min there has to be somthing wrong with it if you overcharged it that will happen because there has been damage done to the battery. Mine take atleast an hour and a half.

As for people having atomizer trouble I think that you may have overdripped it or it is dirty. When I overdrip mine and it seems to not produce as much vapor or throat hit so I blow it out and set it upside down on paper towel. If that doesn't help then I run it under hot water add detergant rinse again blow dry it and then let it sit over night and that seems to do the trick. The reason why I think people may be over dripping is because it sits for a while then seems to work which is giving it a little time to dry out. Try this out and it may help and try not to charge your cig unatteneded and never go over the three hours if you want your battery to last.

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
My Intellicig batteries were never overcharged. I leave my 510 batteries charging for days at a time and it's been months and no problems with them. I ordered replacements batteries for my intellicig evo and they both arrived DOA. They sell poorly manufactured products or buy from a manufacturer that does no quality control in order to ger the batts cheaper and increase their own profit. I've, had it with the evo. I also got tired of the fact, I would get a mouthfull if juice if I dint do every thing just right with the evo, this is not the case with the 510.

After a short stint in the School Of Hard Knocks with Intellicig.com as my teacher as well as the advice from many good folks here, I'm now a happy 510 vapor. :)

Intellicig continues to tell me they will issue a refund each time I mention their product, but they never come through. Not sure what that game is about, but it seems to me they'd figure out that will only anger a customer. Strange people over there at Intellicig.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
second week my first battery died, then second month my other battery died. lame im starting to question if intellicig is a good brand. they still light up when u blow on em but they wont charge or work its weird, can anyone help?

sloth, I think there's unreliability with batteries across the board. Of the ones I've tried the evos charge quickest and last longest but the 5 second cut off is annoying as it seems to kick in in less than 5 secs as the batteries age.

How do you know they're not charging if they're still lighting up? Are you sure the atomiser is connected properly and working? Either way, stick up your problem on the intellicig forum Intellicig - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat and John will sort it for you.

sloth

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Guam
wat up adik ted! yea ive cleaned em and made sure they were on perfectly and they just dont work. when charging the charger will turn red to indicate charging but now the charger stays green. its such a bumer! i just got my shipment of eliquid which i waited for a month for and now my batteries dont work.
thanks for posting the link imma post up there!
thanks man

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
they still light up when u blow on em but they wont charge or work its weird, can anyone help?

I stupidly ordered 2 generic batteries for my failed evo because I wasn't going to order anything from intellicig after the way I was treated by them. Both arrived with working leds and as far as I know, they were charged, but one did nothing and the other gave me almost 1 puff and then died. I then, and this really is the very definition of "stupid", ordered two evo atomizers, thinking that may be the problem, still nothing. I'm sure intellicig buys the same generic batts and simply puts their name on them so, where ever one gets them, at least in my experience, the failure rate is high. Very cheap product.

Now my 510's are still going strong after all this time and they are generics from the same company in China. I think the 510's are simply a more quality item, no matter were you get them, brand or generic. The price was much lower than the evo too.

deefer

Mar 5, 2010
Hove
:mad::mad:
So you have been to our factory in China and you know that our batteries are really Chinese? I wonder what's on your agenda? Well I have to tell you unequivocally that you are talking absolute nonsense. Our batteries are sourced outside of China, which is one of the reasons that the EVO has become one of the most popular ecigs on the market and why it is now exported to over 20 countries worldwide with branded websites in many of those countries. Maybe you ought to speak to the 50,000+ EVO owners and tell them that they are all mistaken?;) I'm off to Poland tomorrow to help another supplier with a major promotional event on Saturday and I may well become the face that launched a thousand kits!8-o
Best wishes.
John C.

Adik Ted

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Scotland
Have been using EVO since June last year. Their batteries are unpredictable, as are their atomisers. Now they have changed the desing of their cartridges. I am seriously considering returning to ordinary cigarettes. I have tried other makes, but so far come up with nothing that works for me

You mean somewhere there are batteries and atomisers that aren't unpredictable. :shock:

Anytime I've tried anything other than the evo I've ended up back on them pretty quickly and the new cart design makes for an easier draw and a longer vape.

Chuchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Croatia
It's been two months since I ordered the EVO! I still have the two original migthy atom batteries wich are going strong and I changed an atomizer few days ago. The first one wasn't really bad, it was still working, but not as it was new. Now I'm using a new atty and it smokes like a chimney!
I can't really make any comment on the customer service since I never had any problems. All I know is that anytime I had a question they responded really quickly and shipped my orders within the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread