Intellicig EVO reliability problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

deefer

Mar 5, 2010
Hove
You mean somewhere there are batteries and atomisers that aren't unpredictable. :shock:

Anytime I've tried anything other than the evo I've ended up back on them pretty quickly and the new cart design makes for an easier draw and a longer vape.

I must admit I am inclined to agree about returning even if the product is unpredictable

Cindersi

Jul 17, 2009
I was very happy with my first purchases of Intellicigs, had a few minor problems resolved very quickly, but, now, I have 4 batteries , black and white, which do not hold their charge, have replaced atomisers, chargers and batteries, all still no use. I filled in customer satisfaction survey and received no feedback from it ,.
I think its a case of Intellicigs running before they are really walking, will not be ordering from them again unless they contact me to say they have found a problem and resolved it.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I am seriously considering returning to ordinary cigarettes. I have tried other makes, but so far come up with nothing that works for me
Oh deefer, deefer , deefer, don't speak such craziness now! It's entirely by chance that I ran across this post today after making an accidental revelation, and I'll share it with you now.

Some history, I started on a black Evo. Have not had the problems people are speaking of here, but was annoyed by the 5 sec cutoff, short battery life and the inconsistent vapor that comes from it, and refilling small carts. I then converted to dripping and dipping, cart problem solved. I also started using white Genie batts, better batt life and even seemed to make for a stronger vapor cloud. However, one of my Genie's did die within two weeks, possibly from dripping.

I purchased a Silver Bullet to put an end to short battery life, three days on each batt without loss of power yet, totally awesome. I used a 510 to 401 adapter and continued using the Evo attys, they do not fry the flavor of my liquids like a 510 atty does (yuck!), and make for a more pleasant vape. The 510 creates way more vapor than an Evo but the taste is just too metallic and funky for me, I would imagine many starting out on an Evo would have this same gripe with a 510.

I still carried the Evo in pocket at work (the SB is BIG), but was spoiled by the vapor consistency of a big battery, so I purchased a VP2 to fit into my pocket at work. Substantially smaller, sleeker than a Silver Bullet, and still a consistent vape being that the battery offers slightly more power to the atty and does not die out quickly like a standard 401/evo battery. I was also using adapters to fit the Evo atty to the VP2.

Back to today... I ordered an 801 atty to try on the VP2, because that's what it's originally threaded for. Received it today and -WOW- huge vapor cloud like a 510 without the nasty taste. Flavors taste as they do in my Evo, only a bit richer and warmer from the larger battery. Obviously, I cannot comment yet on atty life, but I think I have finally found my favorite setup, and I'm in the process of finding an adapter to use this atty with my SB. I also cannot comment on 801 cartridge use since one did not come with the atty, but I am able to drip at least 6 drops on it without flooding, compared to 2 on an Evo and 3-4 on a 510.

Starting on an Evo, and not finding anything more satisfying since, atty-wise, I think I finally found a comparable combo in the VP2 with 801 atty. Same flavor from a different atty which has been around a bit longer, if I'm not mistaken, along with larger, more reliable and readily available batteries. Just a suggestion before you go out for a carton of nasty smokes! Maybe all my experimentation and money lost can help you find a better alternative to your Evo. Good luck!

-J

Last edited:

VapourL

Jan 23, 2010
Gibraltar
Just my pennies worth...

I purchased a Black Evolution, with spare Atom Battery, Atomiser & 25 Prefilled Cartridges (Low Nic).

First of all, I found the level of Customer Service second to none, for instance - I found that the extra Atomiser was very inconsistent & seemed to cut out after 1-2 seconds. Additionally, I also found that the Cartridge Nicotine level was to low.

I therefore emailed Intellicig & advised them of my problems.

Within a week thay had sent me a new Atomiser & also a packet of Medium Nicotine Cartridges for free - very pleased!!!

After nearly 2 months, I'm still using the device, where I find that each Battery lasts approximately 8-9 hours.

My only gripe would be the 5 second Cut Off feature, which to be honest is extremely frustrating & seems to occur frequently, regardless of how many times I drain the Atomiser, etc.

Nevertheless, I have decided to continue using the Evo for work, due to the small size & also the fact that it slips easily into my leather pouch as a complete cigarette, without the need to dismantle.

For home use however, I decided to purchase a Joye 510, which in comparison to the Evo, is a complete revelation!

Gives a better Throat Hit, improved flavour & never cuts out due to the Manual Battery - what a relief. The only issue would be the reduced Battery life, although having two Batteries is sufficient for my daily vaping needs.

All in all, IMO the 510 is the better device, although the Evo is still a good product for general use.

Last edited:

deefer

Mar 5, 2010
Hove
Oh deefer, deefer , deefer, don't speak such craziness now! It's entirely by chance that I ran across this post today after making an accidental revelation, and I'll share it with you now.

Some history, I started on a black Evo. Have not had the problems people are speaking of here, but was annoyed by the 5 sec cutoff, short battery life and the inconsistent vapor that comes from it, and refilling small carts. I then converted to dripping and dipping, cart problem solved. I also started using white Genie batts, better batt life and even seemed to make for a stronger vapor cloud. However, one of my Genie's did die within two weeks, possibly from dripping.

I purchased a Silver Bullet to put an end to short battery life, three days on each batt without loss of power yet, totally awesome. I used a 510 to 401 adapter and continued using the Evo attys, they do not fry the flavor of my liquids like a 510 atty does (yuck!), and make for a more pleasant vape. The 510 creates way more vapor than an Evo but the taste is just too metallic and funky for me, I would imagine many starting out on an Evo would have this same gripe with a 510.

I still carried the Evo in pocket at work (the SB is BIG), but was spoiled by the vapor consistency of a big battery, so I purchased a VP2 to fit into my pocket at work. Substantially smaller, sleeker than a Silver Bullet, and still a consistent vape being that the battery offers slightly more power to the atty and does not die out quickly like a standard 401/evo battery. I was also using adapters to fit the Evo atty to the VP2.

Back to today... I ordered an 801 atty to try on the VP2, because that's what it's originally threaded for. Received it today and -WOW- huge vapor cloud like a 510 without the nasty taste. Flavors taste as they do in my Evo, only a bit richer and warmer from the larger battery. Obviously, I cannot comment yet on atty life, but I think I have finally found my favorite setup, and I'm in the process of finding an adapter to use this atty with my SB. I also cannot comment on 801 cartridge use since one did not come with the atty, but I am able to drip at least 6 drops on it without flooding, compared to 2 on an Evo and 3-4 on a 510.

Starting on an Evo, and not finding anything more satisfying since, atty-wise, I think I finally found a comparable combo in the VP2 with 801 atty. Same flavor from a different atty which has been around a bit longer, if I'm not mistaken, along with larger, more reliable and readily available batteries. Just a suggestion before you go out for a carton of nasty smokes! Maybe all my experimentation and money lost can help you find a better alternative to your Evo. Good luck!

-J
I am new to this and until recently had not tried any other e-cigarette but intellicig. I now have 8 batteries (4 dead) and 10 Atomisers, not sure how many are dead. I di not know what the 401,501 and 801 sre, nor do i know what the silver bullet is. I have just ordered more atomisers and liquid fron Intellicig. My problem is that i did as they said and returned the cartridges which I could not get to work properly two weeks ag, they have not had the decency to reply. This is in my opinion poor customer service. I did run my own business for over 30 years, so I know something about dealing with customers, even if they are awkward.

deefer

Mar 5, 2010
Hove

-J
I am new to this and until recently had not tried any other e-cigarette but intellicig. I now have 8 batteries (4 dead) and 10 Atomisers, not sure how many are dead. I di not know what the 401,501 and 801 sre, nor do i know what the silver bullet is. I have just ordered more atomisers and liquid fron Intellicig. My problem is that i did as they said and returned the cartridges which I could not get to work properly two weeks ag, they have not had the decency to reply. This is in my opinion poor customer service. I did run my own business for over 30 years, so I know something about dealing with customers, even if they are awkward.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I am new to this and until recently had not tried any other e-cigarette but intellicig. I now have 8 batteries (4 dead) and 10 Atomizers, not sure how many are dead. I di not know what the 401,501 and 801 sre, nor do i know what the silver bullet is. I have just ordered more atomizers and liquid fron Intellicig. My problem is that i did as they said and returned the cartridges which I could not get to work properly two weeks ag, they have not had the decency to reply. This is in my opinion poor customer service. I did run my own business for over 30 years, so I know something about dealing with customers, even if they are awkward.
Fair enough, I can understand why you're upset. Some of the vendors do have a history of going back and forth with quality of customer service. Anyway, all those devices I mentioned have specific forums here, some are actually listed under the vendor that sells them. Most of them sell the 501, cignot.com is one place that sells a very cheap 501 starter kit. A 401 (m401) is the same as an Evo, other manufacturers sell the same model without the black paint or intellicig logo. 801 is an older model that is a bit larger, called a pen style, I believe, has a fairly good rep. There are so many commercial Ecigs available, the hardest part is affording the cost of trying them all until you find what suites you. Everything else I mentioned (Silver Bullet, VP2) are big battery modifications, basically a metal tube that fits a larger battery and allows a standard atomizer to screw into the top, first designed by users who were sick of battery issues, now many are available commercially and their suppliers can be found here in the ECF Approved Suppliers forum. Odds are you're still looking for something the size of a cigarette and that's understandable. Most of us were the same way including myself, in the beginning, they told me like everyone else that I was wasting my time and money with cigarette size Ecigs, and it only took about 3 months for me to see the light. I don't use standard Ecigs (Evo) anymore because I am spoiled by awesome performance and reliability. Size is no longer an issue for me, after realizing it was not the size of a cigarette that had me hooked, it was the reliability and ease of use, I didn't stop struggling with my addiction until I stepped up in the game with a big battery mod.

This is a great place to see everything that's available for big batteries, e-Cigarette modifications | e-Savuke.com

This thread was very helpful for me, too. The Wonderful World of Vaping: An Illustrated Guide to E-cigs (Parts 1 through 6) - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

sentrarob

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
yahoo.com
Is anyone else having problems with reliability of the EVO parts?
I have had mine a Month, now the batteries seem to last less than 2 hours each (admittedly I am a heavy user) and I have just had a second atomizer die on me.
Intellicig customer service is good but they seem to have been swamped by demand.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

No problems here, I switched to vaping on 12/10/09 and my EVO'S are still going strong!!:D

VapourL

Jan 23, 2010
Gibraltar
I have tried many other types of e-cig, but I still find Intellicig the best

Well, I also still use my Evo on a daily basis (since Jan 2010) - mainly for work where I find that one battery will last me for 8 hours.

In addition, it's quite discrete & due to the size, easily slips into a pocket.

All the above said however & as I've mentioned before, the 5 sec cut off can become really frustrating, especially when on a tea break, where it sometimes cut's off & the clock is ticking!

Now, I'm not going to knock Intellicig's Customer Service or product for that matter, as I truly believe it is a very good product, however when it comes to Flavour & Throat Hit, my 510 is noticeably the better performer. Also the fact that the 510 has a manual battery, makes me want to use it more often than the Evo, when not at work.

shalimar

May 18, 2010
UK
I'm having endless problems with mine.

I have a black one and a white one and they were both working fine, although the charge didn't seem to last very long, until a few days ago.

Have had them just over a month.

I thought it was the atomizers and ordered two new ones but no difference.

I just charged up the white one till it was fully charged, put it together got one vape then it died on me.

Am not very happy as all this buying new parts is costing me far more than a packet of tobacco a week!

I tried cleaning the parts and blowing through the end etc but still no joy.

Is there a more reliable e-cig or do I just have to replace the parts every month?

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
I'm having endless problems with mine.

I have a black one and a white one and they were both working fine, although the charge didn't seem to last very long, until a few days ago.

Have had them just over a month.

I thought it was the atomizers and ordered two new ones but no difference.

I just charged up the white one till it was fully charged, put it together got one vape then it died on me.

Am not very happy as all this buying new parts is costing me far more than a packet of tobacco a week!

I tried cleaning the parts and blowing through the end etc but still no joy.

Is there a more reliable e-cig or do I just have to replace the parts every month?

Looks like you missed the WARRANY period if it's just over a month. Maybe contact them anyway. good Luck.:2c::2c:

shalimar

May 18, 2010
UK
Yeah, that's true, vapordraggin101, but I have two e-cigs and three baterries so if each battery lasts minimum one month then three should have lasted me three months! :(

I e-mailed Dave Byford and he very kindly offered to replace two of the batteries for me and he has already exchanged my PG carts for VG so I can't really complain, he is very understanding.

Last edited:

marinemaddog

Jun 27, 2010
Ireland
I have 3 intellicigs and have constant problems with the batterys. The first battery that arrived in the kit was faulty out of the box. I had another that would time out on me for 2 min after 2 second drag, this was in all fairness by intellicig but was the same.
One moment they are great vaper Galor next they are on a time out. Intellicig them selfs are good to deal with, However if there is a reliability issue then SPIT it out and tell us.... #
Dont get me wrong when they work there great !!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread