Internal battery mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It would depend on the mod. Sealed mods may be difficult. If it's held together by screws on the top and bottom caps, probably so. Some soldering skills will probably be necessary. More and more compact mods with internal batteries are using flat packs instead of 18650 style batts.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don’t have any yet all mine a 18650s looking for something small was just wondering if you could change the battery if it went bad
The Problem I see with battery replacement on a LiPo mod is that you’re still charging from microUSB2 and those things are just junk. They generally wear out before the battery does.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
If you're buying a cheap Chinese mod, the battery will probably outlast the electronics anyway. If you're buying a DNA with a lipo pack, it should be a plug in setup. Then it's just a matter of finding the right battery and soldering the required plug on it. That is, of course, assuming you can get to it.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I see there’s smaller single battery mods out just have to carry extra batteries with me
That’s what most people do. Or at least that’s what I do. I keep a spare 18650 in a silicone sleeve in my pocket along with my juice bottle (I use a regular mech dripper for my carry around currently)

Gasman134

Mar 21, 2018
If you're buying a cheap Chinese mod, the battery will probably outlast the electronics anyway. If you're buying a DNA with a lipo pack, it should be a plug in setup. Then it's just a matter of finding the right battery and soldering the required plug on it. That is, of course, assuming you can get to it.
Yeah finding the right battery and getting to it would probably be the problem

• Agree

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The Eleaf Invoke has become my daily vape. It uses dual 18650's and runs all day on them. It does VW, TC, and TCR and slides into a pocket without weighing it down. I have a box full of mid to high end mods and I end up with a Pico or the Invoke in my pocket most days. My Provari, Smok Alien, and RX200S have been on a shelf in the closet for a while.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like the Eleaf Invoke too as a pretty tiny 2 battery mod (it really almost weighs less than some of my single battery mods). The pico is well liked by many. I think, IIRC the eleaf Invoke and the Pico use the same power board.

Most of my single battery mods are tube style mods, so unless you are specifically looking for that I don't have much to offer.

While it may/may not be possible to swap out an internal battery mod, it is equally true that some mods seem to have a shelf life, period. I do have some USB only charge batteries and I do try to exercise care with the USB port, and etc. There is no guarantee of mod "life" generally although some mods (For example the Jaq B series of mods, I think they're made in Europe) get better reputations for longevity than others. The Geekvape Ages is probably the most "rugged" single battery mod, it's waterproof and pretty much bullet proof so if you are in an industrial or other type environment during the day, it may be worth a look. I don't own one but those that do seem to like them (both mods I mentioned).

Good luck in your search!

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For the Invoke I charge my 30Q's in a standalone battery charger. I haven't used the USB charge function, but it's pretty sophisticated. 3 clicks gets you into menu mode and the USB charge function is in the mode menu. It brings up a screen that turns on USB charging and shows pictorial connection status, current voltage and amps, as well as time elapsed in charging. This doesn't look like the Pico firmware unless I need to check for later updates on the Pico. It's been a year since I update my Picos.

• Useful

Gasman134

Mar 21, 2018
I like the Eleaf Invoke too as a pretty tiny 2 battery mod (it really almost weighs less than some of my single battery mods). The pico is well liked by many. I think, IIRC the eleaf Invoke and the Pico use the same power board.

Most of my single battery mods are tube style mods, so unless you are specifically looking for that I don't have much to offer.

While it may/may not be possible to swap out an internal battery mod, it is equally true that some mods seem to have a shelf life, period. I do have some USB only charge batteries and I do try to exercise care with the USB port, and etc. There is no guarantee of mod "life" generally although some mods (For example the Jaq B series of mods, I think they're made in Europe) get better reputations for longevity than others. The Geekvape Ages is probably the most "rugged" single battery mod, it's waterproof and pretty much bullet proof so if you are in an industrial or other type environment during the day, it may be worth a look. I don't own one but those that do seem to like them (both mods I mentioned).

Good luck in your search!

Anna
I like looks of the Pico and the Invoke they look small just what I’m looking for. Thanks Anna

Gasman134

Mar 21, 2018
For the Invoke I charge my 30Q's in a standalone battery charger. I haven't used the USB charge function, but it's pretty sophisticated. 3 clicks gets you into menu mode and the USB charge function is in the mode menu. It brings up a screen that turns on USB charging and shows pictorial connection status, current voltage and amps, as well as time elapsed in charging. This doesn't look like the Pico firmware unless I need to check for later updates on the Pico. It's been a year since I update my Picos.
I like the looks of the Invoke and the Pico that’s what I’m looking for something small thanks for the information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread