Intro - Looking for a good starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTaylor

Feb 28, 2012
United States
Alright to start it off. I read through the Best E-Cigarette for New Users and I read through some of the other Beginner Posts. Now since I got some of the most basic information down on E-Cigs I would like to inquire on what will be best for me.

I decided that I am interested in the KR808 and the 510 but I want to get the best deal for a Starter Kit and assortment of Flavors. Also I would like a E-Cig that I can "pretty" up or purchase it already prettied up. I hope this is adequate information and I hope this is not overwhelming. Thanks for all your help!
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
- Taylor

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Alright to start it off. I read through the Best E-Cigarette for New Users and I read through some of the other Beginner Posts. Now since I got some of the most basic information down on E-Cigs I would like to inquire on what will be best for me.

I decided that I am interested in the KR808 and the 510 but I want to get the best deal for a Starter Kit and assortment of Flavors. Also I would like a E-Cig that I can "pretty" up or purchase it already prettied up. I hope this is adequate information and I hope this is not overwhelming. Thanks for all your help!

- Taylor
Buy a 510 threaded device because most ALL carto's will fit it, because they are 510 threaded. 808's are hard to find or get a good deal on, so I stay with 510 devices. As far a prettying up your unit I don't know what to tell you. You cant pretty up about anything if your artistic.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
KR808 vs. 510 threading is a moot argument. They make adapters allowing you to use any battery with any carto or other attachment. Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters

I would suggest the Volt from Smokeless Image. Just grab whichever starter kit suits you best, but I suggest getting one with a PCC (portable charging case), so you can charge on the go. http://smokelessimage.com/starter-kits.html
The Volt has a few options for adding BLING to your ecig. They have battery wraps, carto wraps, and stealth or diamond end cap attachments.

Vapor4Life also has great options for kits, blinged out batteries, and plenty of juice flavors to choose from - Vapor4Life E-Cig batteries - the best e-cig battery

Last edited:

PumaSpeed

Feb 7, 2012
Illinois
Hi MTaylor, and Welcome to the ECF Forum!

If your looking for an 808, Check out the Halo G6, it comes in many different colors! Halo G6 Starter Kit This was my first starter kit!, and I still use it. They also have some very good quality juices as well.

There are many other places as well, and as always look for the best deal and device that's going to suit your needs!

As spaceballsrules said, there are adapters to use the 510 carto/atty on the 808's so that can help to make it a bit more versatile :)

As for flavors, there are a lot of these too! The Vapor Room, TastyVapor.net, and lot's and lots more, other members on here have said some other good ones as well! The hardest part to flavors is knowing what your going to like.

Which ever way you decide to go, I congratulate you and welcome you to the world of Vaping! :D

Last edited:

HclExpress

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Indiana
Smoke free for 7 months now,2 PAD habit of marlboro reds. Started with a Kr808 starter kit and still going strong. Halo g6, would probably be a good start as you can pick from numerous colors,lol. Kr808's are so simple,and a great step in the right direction,then the skys the limit. LitecigUSA is another great supplier,love them,just choose one from the list of forum supplier bcause theres several companys that will charge you waaaayyyy to much. 30.00-60.00 USD should be the top of your price range for the whole kit. Congrats to you and happy vaping

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
Buy a 510 threaded device because most ALL carto's will fit it, because they are 510 threaded. 808's are hard to find or get a good deal on, so I stay with 510 devices. As far a prettying up your unit I don't know what to tell you. You cant pretty up about anything if your artistic.

Yuck. Most has station disposables give a better vape than the joye 510.

808 cartos are easy to find practically anywhere and you've got a huge array of vendors selling prefilled ones too.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Yuck. Most has station disposables give a better vape than the joye 510.

808 cartos are easy to find practically anywhere and you've got a huge array of vendors selling prefilled ones too.

There are a whole lot more options in 510 than the joye 501. The joye is your basic bottom of the line ecig. It's no coincidence that all of the really top-shelf mods are supplied with a 510, and more 808 to 510 adapters are sold than the other way around.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Isn't anyone going to talk the OP into buying an eGo?
Why? half the horror stories on this forum are about problems with **go type pv's. Too many better alternatives out there. Search the term, "destroyed the battery on ego" or "ego leak" or "doesn't fit on ego" or "need special __ to work with ego" and see how many hits you get.

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
There are a whole lot more options in 510 than the joye 501. The joye is your basic bottom of the line ecig. It's no coincidence that all of the really top-shelf mods are supplied with a 510, and more 808 to 510 adapters are sold than the other way around.

I understand that, and the reasons why.

I inferred from the OP that cig style is what's being considered. Meaning joye 510 vs kr808.

Between them it's no contest.

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
Why? half the horror stories on this forum are about problems with **go type pv's. Too many better alternatives out there. Search the term, "destroyed the battery on ego" or "ego leak" or "doesn't fit on ego" or "need special __ to work with ego" and see how many hits you get.

Search the term "sarcasm"

MTaylor

Feb 28, 2012
United States
I would suggest the Volt from Smokeless Image. Just grab whichever starter kit suits you best, but I suggest getting one with a PCC (portable charging case), so you can charge on the go. Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters

This actually took me to Home Depot.

Also am I able to purchase the wraps from Smokeless image and place them on my G6 Starter Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread