Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

Greg.D

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
CT
+1 on the G6 starter kit...

If you go this route make sure to get a PCC (charging case) to carry around. Be careful though as the standard battery won't fit in the PCC full assembled with a carto. I bought the 'mini' batteries (manual - with a button) so that I could have one on charge and one ready to go. Other way with the standard size batteries you have one on charge and one in storage and when you want to smoke you have to screw on the cartridge. Kind of a pain...

I have an eGo-C too and once you get the kinks worked out it is a great vaping experience but a bit too bulky to carry out (although it's hanging around my neck right now as I ride the Amtrak back to CT from Philly...)

Any way you go - it's healthier than smoking analogs!

http://www.halocigs.com/g6/electronic-cigarette-starter-kit.html

Last edited:

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Everybody!
I'm brand new... this is my very 1st post... and it's my DAY THREE without analogs, after 37 years pack+ per day Marlboros.

So far I have been using the VOLT new 78mm manual sealed batteries. I am very happy with this choice, the Volt's look sleek and are really working great for me

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also heads-up for anybody looking for a good price on blank/empty KR808 cartomizers --

I bought 50 of them (10 packs of 5) at Smokeless Image today for discounted rate of around $7.50 per pack... and then got a 16% discount using discount code "VoltSave", plus FREE shipping. Total was just under $63 for 50 blank cartomizers

I don't know how long that discount code is good but worked for me this afternoon

mhart032

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Austin
I have bought a few kits for friends and family. i finally stopped doing that. i started just ordering the vv ego passthrough w/ battery with the cone and 2 packs of cartos and some juice. it gives them the option of veriable voltage (witch you will eventually move to) and can be charged and used at the same time. usb home and car charges are only 2-3 bucks most everywhere, but with the emergence of the iphone and android phone everyone has one in the car and home. total cost is under 40 bucks and you have a good starting point. i have been impressed with the look of the black and silver togeather. looks nice and low profile.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
KR808 vs. 510 threading is a moot argument. They make adapters allowing you to use any battery with any carto or other attachment. Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters

I would suggest the Volt from Smokeless Image. Just grab whichever starter kit suits you best, but I suggest getting one with a PCC (portable charging case), so you can charge on the go. Mods - E-Cig Multi Adapters

The Volt has a few options for adding BLING to your ecig. They have battery wraps, carto wraps, and stealth or diamond end cap attachments.

Vapor4Life also has great options for kits, blinged out batteries, and plenty of juice flavors to choose from - Vapor4Life E-Cig batteries - the best e-cig battery
In my own opinion if you have a 510 device you just put on a 510 carto. Yes you can use adapters, but it makes your mod longer and the draw is not the same SOMETIMES. Also every vendor has 510 stuff, but not to many with 808, so why bother with a 808 if you are buying your very first setup?

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Why? half the horror stories on this forum are about problems with **go type pv's. Too many better alternatives out there. Search the term, "destroyed the battery on ego" or "ego leak" or "doesn't fit on ego" or "need special __ to work with ego" and see how many hits you get.
Come on don't scare people, the EGo type systems are probably the most owned of any other battery out there. And ego leak is just carto's and I have never found a carto that doesn't leak if you draw to hard or over fill it in the first place. If a carto is 510 threaded it will fit any Ego battery mod.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Hi Everybody!
I'm brand new... this is my very 1st post... and it's my DAY THREE without analogs, after 37 years pack+ per day Marlboros.

So far I have been using the VOLT new 78mm manual sealed batteries. I am very happy with this choice, the Volt's look sleek and are really working great for me
Good for you Marcella , keep up the good work, you will be heather for it. You should be proud of yourself, quitting is a hard thing to do as most all of use know.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
510 CE-2 type carto's also has warm vapor and some of the DC 510 carto's do too.

I don't know about the CE-2 but AFAIK the DC cartos are all low resistance, which you *do not run* on slim batteries. This is pretty simple: If you want a slim battery model, you'll get a higher voltage setup with a KR808 than with a 510. That's just the way it is. When/if you decide to upgrade you'll probably want to go to a bigger battery 510 *and* you'll probably want to use low resistance cartos anyway, so your old SR cartos won't make much difference for the new rig. If you wanna use them on it you can buy an adapter for two or three bucks.

I've never owned a KR808 but I can read a spec sheet; up until a couple months ago I'd have agreed with you, but the more I look at it and the more posts I read here, the more certain I have become: if someone is more comfortable with a slim batt then that's what they should start with, and the best bet for a slim batt is a KR808.

Then again, YVMV. Happy Vaping! :vapor:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Come on don't scare people, the EGo type systems are probably the most owned of any other battery out there. And ego leak is just carto's and I have never found a carto that doesn't leak if you draw to hard or over fill it in the first place. If a carto is 510 threaded it will fit any Ego battery mod.

Yah that post was crap. Like you said they don't leak unless you overfill them. Just because there are 10x as many EGOs out there than any other style of course there's going to be a problem or two reported. If there are no problems that's worse. That means nobody owns them because they are bad.

I got a KGO and it pwns. I quit the second I got it and that's the whole purpose of why we are here.

Flametrix

Nov 7, 2011
Massachusetts
Alright to start it off. I read through the Best E-Cigarette for New Users and I read through some of the other Beginner Posts. Now since I got some of the most basic information down on E-Cigs I would like to inquire on what will be best for me.

I decided that I am interested in the KR808 and the 510 but I want to get the best deal for a Starter Kit and assortment of Flavors. Also I would like a E-Cig that I can "pretty" up or purchase it already prettied up. I hope this is adequate information and I hope this is not overwhelming. Thanks for all your help!
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]
- Taylor

You're probably going to get slammed with advice. You'll probably end up trying different things until you find one that suites you...for a while anyway. I just saw that someone said yuck to the Joye 510. Joye 510 was my second and I've enjoyed it for a few months now. I've never had a problem with the cloud produced at throat hit except with johnson creek juice. I'm not saying JC juice is bad, but I think the joye 510 wasn't strong enough to heat it to the proper vaping necessity. That being said, I vape only Ms. T's juice, which works stellar with the 510. Please take into consideration I haven't tried a million different juices. I simply fell in love with her variety.

In other words, you will end up trying different e-cigs and juices intl you find what pleases you :~)

jbramk

Feb 6, 2012
United States
I concur with a lot of the folks who have responded. KR808d-1's are the way to go. I started with an 808 five weeks ago - bought a Halo G6 and used Halo juice for the first few weeks. I've only had a few analogs since. I've also found that when you start, trying different flavors and rotating between autos and manuals has kept my attention away from analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread