Introducing… The Parky PowerBank Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Yup… Parky is at it again !!! :D

Here is a super cool multi-voltage device that I made from a Power Pal All-in-One Powerbank Rechargeable Battery that was on sale @ buy.com. It has a selectable output voltage of 5V, 6V or 8.4V and two 18650 batteries on board !!! Much like the Parky Tekkeon Mod it is pretty tight to work within the boundaries of this case as well. The main advantage to the Parky PowerBank Mod is selectable output voltage mode. I surgically removed the output power jack and tapped on the 3 connectors that were soldered to the main circuit board from those 3 points. What is tricky on this one is that the power jack connector was a “normally closed” circuit until the plug was pushed in the connector. I had to improvised this circuit by adding a “normally closed” push switch right next to the “normally opened” switch that is connected to the 510 battery connector to activate the atty. I came up with the idea to tie in the two switch buttons together creating a one heck of a cool "super switch assembly"... with a very comfortable and easy to activate "button bar" !!! I also had to relocate one of the capacitors to accommodate a place for the 510 connector as well. All in all…. It’s FRIKEN AWESOME !!! The adjustable output is right on par as tested several times with the multi-meter and you sure can tell a difference between the 5V and 6V. To use the 8.4V option one would need a High Voltage Atty. I’ll throw it up in to the 6V mode when the occasional “NIC FIT” shows up, but normally the 5V mode is truly the sweet spot for all day vaping. :thumbs:

As always... here's some Eye Candy for ya !!!

Before...

parkypowerbank7.jpg

parkypowerbank8.jpg

After...

parkypowerbank1.jpg

parkypowerbank2.jpg

parkypowerbank4.jpg

parkypowerbank3.jpg

Battery test...

parkypowerbank5.jpg

LED's light up when the "Vape On" button is pushed...

parkypowerbank6.jpg

Cheer's for now !!! :)

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
These types of devices always seem to have limited output, usually a bit low for Joye atties. Were you able to bypass the current restrictions?

Hey Willy...

I did not bypass any current restrictions on the amperage.
I'm running Joye 510's and they are KICKIN' IT OUT !!!

I can definitely tell a difference between the 5v and 6v with
no ill effect of starving for voltage/amperage in the slightest... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread