Parky's Tekkeon Mod... V2 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Parky- I had to run a wire where the + and - were connected from the batty I removed. A 6ml (I think) bottle slides down into it perfectly. I put a wire through the cap and tied a little piece of leather sting to that and use it to pull it up to get it out. Kinda like a well with a bucket??
It took 3 days before I realized it wasn't charging, duh? I really like it! Thanks for the ideas! Your mods are very impressive!

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Parky- I had to run a wire where the + and - were connected from the batty I removed. A 6ml (I think) bottle slides down into it perfectly. I put a wire through the cap and tied a little piece of leather sting to that and use it to pull it up to get it out. Kinda like a well with a bucket??
It took 3 days before I realized it wasn't charging, duh? I really like it! Thanks for the ideas! Your mods are very impressive!

That makes sense because the second battery was needed to complete the charging cir-cut...

Good Job!!

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Parky, I have been looking for this kind of mod for ages! and just built my first one this evening using your idea, and chev's usb wiring mod.

ABSOL-EFFING-LUTELY BRILLIANT!

Cheers Guys! Big Kudos for finding this mod!

Way to go Chumbah !!!

It's the pride that you made it your self that really makes a mod special.
Enjoy your Tekkeon Mod and relish in the glory of the satisfaction of your new creation !!!

Chumbah

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
NW London
Parky, my only gripe, which is self-made, was that I didn't have access to Madvapes horn button, so have a somewhat large protruding p2m button from Maplins - which is rather cwappy IMHO.

The only mini-mod I make, is somewhat cosmetic, but I like to put a brass olive around the connector as a protector, should I over-fill or some fluid leaks.

That said, I now find myself lying awake a night dreaming of how I could go about making this into a shiney aluminium cased mod.

Teabagger, just google Tekkeon M1800. The usb mod part is just the wiring of the usb output socket for a clean 5v experience.

Chumbah

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
NW London
Parky, may I ask what may be a "daft" question?....

When recharging, do you use a port on your pc or a usb wall plug/port?

I ask, as I have tried charging from the pc using just one usb port, but have heard that these are not really fit for the purpose. My light goes green, but then when I vape, after just a few button presses, it rapidly goes to orange then red then dies.

Typically a pc usb port pushes 500ma, and have heard that I should be using 1000ma.

Or have I got a duffer?

Cheers

Andy/Chumbah

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Parky, may I ask what may be a "daft" question?....

When recharging, do you use a port on your pc or a usb wall plug/port?

I ask, as I have tried charging from the pc using just one usb port, but have heard that these are not really fit for the purpose. My light goes green, but then when I vape, after just a few button presses, it rapidly goes to orange then red then dies.

Typically a pc usb port pushes 500ma, and have heard that I should be using 1000ma.

Or have I got a duffer?

Cheers

Andy/Chumbah

Hey Andy,

The USB wall charger is what I use.
You should get a good couple day's of heavy use on a charge.

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010

Yupper's.... That's the one !!! :)

Heck, they are on sale too !!!
You Save: $8.56 (19%)

I might have to grab a few more...
bliss.gif

Last edited:

Chumbah

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
NW London
OK, here's a question...
"IF" one wanted to try and incorportate a VV version is there a small VR or pot one could use and wire in between the button and the atty connection to drop the wattage a bit?
I ask as sometimes I find that 9-12w range can impair flavour sometimes (not to mention heat up the atty a fair bit when chaining).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers
Chumbah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread